It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets into heaven? A question for theists and atheists alike.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
None of us go to heaven. Why? Because it doesn't exist. But, what I do believe is the energy that drives our bodies, once we die, get's redistributed evenly in nature. Any kind of energy is indestructable. It just transforms. So no god, no devil, no heaven and no hell. So rest easy, that dollar we stole from our moms purse to buy candy when we were 10 won't land us in hell.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

You wrote:

["Oh, wow, sorry, I must have missed seeing your pedestal. Also, I think you must have missed your medication this morning..."]

Oh, what a big babbling mouth you have grandma, and how eloquent and sophisticated your big babbling mouth is, grandma.

Quote: ["[Oh, snap!] I remember now, from two other threads - you're trying to get yourself banned, right, yapping pup??"]

Yap. I hope this (for you) super-human feat of memory didn't destroy anything in your fragile mind.

Just out of curiousity, why have you chosen the label "pup" for me? Do I appear overly youthful?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Only Christians, I hope. Having studied a lot on this, it is said Heaven is several degrees hotter than Hell. That being said, I have already been shown my "Afterlife," more like a period of R&R, and there is where I want to be. Being on my knees all the time, on a hot, hard golden floor, singing praises to a God no one really knows, does not sound like fun to me. Now sweet nature, ice cold beer, loud rock and roll, and the finest of grasses....not to mention scantily dressed women.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

The first 2 are roughly qouted from the bible, Einstein.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Don't you know.....the sun shines on me ALL the time!
I would tell you why, but then you know, you'd think that I was trying to convert you and all that stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
None of us go to heaven. Why? Because it doesn't exist. But, what I do believe is the energy that drives our bodies, once we die, get's redistributed evenly in nature. Any kind of energy is indestructable. It just transforms. So no god, no devil, no heaven and no hell. So rest easy, that dollar we stole from our moms purse to buy candy when we were 10 won't land us in hell.

I could not have said it better myself!! I would only add that, one could call the "pool" of energy we return to "Heaven" if they wanted. In my personal opinion, the question is, who gets to stay and who comes back? Now that, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
"For those who believe no proof is necessary. For those who dont believe no proof is possible."

I'll be quick on this, as I don't want to derail into an argument about it. But I disagree with the statement that those who don't believe something(usually due to lack of evidence), would never believe in it no matter what evidence was shown.

A more appropriate one, that I can't seem to find the exact, went something like this: "For those willing to believe without any proof, no amount of proof will ever convince them otherwise."

Originally posted by SavedOne

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Wow, such a broadly stroked stereotype. Every atheist is corrupt, have done abominable things, and have never done anything good.

Pure irony, that scripture shows a God that has prejudice issues and no idea what he's talking about. If that scripture alone was all I had to go by in interpreting the bible, I'd say the writer is far too poor of judgement to be a god. That scripture alone would shift me farther to believing it was written by uninspired barbarians.

Originally posted by SavedOne
God by definition has to be pure, perfect and just because if he's not, then he's not God. And if he's pure, perfect and just.

That's not the definition of most people. In fact, most people who believe in the Christian god who's learned in the book acknowledge that he's the opposite of just, some even willing to apply terms like abhorrent to him. They then take special pleading that he has his own supreme justice that's different from ours due to his unending intelligence. So, he's unjust, but they claim that everything he does, even slaughtering innocents, appeals to a different definition of justice. There's also no need for the definition of perfect or pure, which both of those are really sketchy on the biblical god as well.

In other words, even if the biblical god was(and maybe is) impure, flawed, and imperfect, if he existed it would be a real God. Any supreme creator of infinite power, wouldn't be obligated to fulfill those human ideals. Hopefully it would anyways, but it'd still be a god nonetheless.

That's why I find evidence a better explanation for not following the bible. I could argue that the biblical god was 'abhorrent', but even if he were, just because that wasn't favorable wouldn't rule out his existence if the evidence was stating he was there.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
bogomil asks: "Just out of curiousity, why have you chosen the label "pup" for me? Do I appear overly youthful?"

It [Yapping Pup] was dredged up out of my memory. I think it was among some graffiti which co-workers wrote all over a styrofoam cooler my dad used at work. They, IIRC, called him "Great Chief Yapping Pup." With your recent posts, the epithet popped up in my mind, and it seemed to fit. In the past, you see, when bogomil weighed in on a thread, his voice was formidable, if not always agreeable. Now it is just pitiable.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by bogomil

Don't you know.....the sun shines on me ALL the time!
I would tell you why, but then you know, you'd think that I was trying to convert you and all that stuff.

Why should I have any objections to people being happy on their own premises? Ofcourse assuming, that this choice of premises doesn't include interference.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

You wrote:

["I'll be quick on this, as I don't want to derail into an argument about it. But I disagree with the statement that those who don't believe something(usually due to lack of evidence), would never believe in it no matter what evidence was shown."]

It's really not a complicated question, as the two main options are

Finding a common commmunication ground and a non-interference basis

or

"I'm right (on everybody's behalf), because I'm right"

For the 'I'm right, because I'm right'-ers, the distinction seems to be completely beyond what's concievable for them.

edit on 27-10-2011 by bogomil because: addition of last two words

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
bogomil asks: "Just out of curiousity, why have you chosen the label "pup" for me? Do I appear overly youthful?"

It [Yapping Pup] was dredged up out of my memory. I think it was among some graffiti which co-workers wrote all over a styrofoam cooler my dad used at work. They, IIRC, called him "Great Chief Yapping Pup." With your recent posts, the epithet popped up in my mind, and it seemed to fit. In the past, you see, when bogomil weighed in on a thread, his voice was formidable, if not always agreeable. Now it is just pitiable.

OK, a loose association. No objections.

My (mainly) present manifestation is an experiment in 'return to sender' concerning extremist-christian debate-level, attitudes and understanding of 'realities' outside their own tunnel-realities.

There are still christians and bible-relaters I can and do carry a rational dialogue with.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

That's kind of what I was saying. There's those who believe on things based off other things than evidence(The "I'm right because I am" crowd), who are willing to believe something without evidence and would never let evidence change that thought. And then there's those who go where the evidence goes. I was challenging the quote that basically implied no one, believer or not, cares about what's factually supported because they'll only listen to it if it supports there beliefs, and proposed a more accurate one that only applied to that certain kind of person.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

There is no evidence that their is any real truth in what religions claim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! None. Its all myth and speculation. By the way I am a man of science and a highly educated one at that!!

Heaven sh.t is BS!! And the belief in such does not belong in the realms or reality or science!!!!!!!!!

And IF. Ifs and buts were raisons and nuts then everyday would be christmas! And they are not. Just as religious beliefs are not r and n's!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Just a pillocks tosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spirituality is just a word without real-ity substance.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
RP2SticksofDynamite sez:

"By the way I am a man of science and a highly educated one at that!!"

Laz replies:

Yes! Yes!! We can all see that shining through the bad spelling and grammar of your posts.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

spelling and grammar has nothing to do with intelligence, if it was intilligent words would be spelt like they sound.. thats what i do unless im writing something formal, spell like it sounds.. why? because it makes sense

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you are not in Gods Lambs book of Life then it is Gods divine will & preplan of your destiny that you get deceived wandering after the beast subject so that He can fulfill His prophecies of the last age promising that Laodicea are blind naked miserable & poor. God is spitting them from His mouth into the tribulations. Satan is trying to con you using his false disciples that perform well for Satan to distract & lure you away to deception. It is obvious that Satan is aware of Gods warning against false prophets’ brethren & sisters pretending to be the bride. Satan is rolling out his heavy guns best performers & artillery to deceive & kill Gods small flock universally. Lucifer rides a pale horse of death a mixture of all religions cold denominations Pentecostals Charismatic & Branhamides to further his deception crusade. Lucifer works as close to the truth as possible using Branham's denominational revival that died & formed the image of the beast to lure people to hell. Believers will see & believe these truths but unbelievers are blinded & shut out.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

spelling and grammar has nothing to do with intelligence, if it was intilligent words would be spelt like they sound.. thats what i do unless im writing something formal, spell like it sounds.. why? because it makes sense

Shortmemory thankyou for that!!

yes L I make many syntax mistakes because I think and type so quickly. I dont check my posts for trivial things because the intelligence and intuition is in what I post! But would L understand or appreciate that!!

Question L. How many letter's do you have after your name?

You dont want to ask how many I have or how many degrees I have!!

Also L if you had a brain you might be able to get an idea about me from what is staring you in the face!
edit on 29-10-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: corrected some errors to prove a point!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
RP2SticksofDynamite sez:

"By the way I am a man of science and a highly educated one at that!!"

Laz replies:

Yes! Yes!! We can all see that shining through the bad spelling and grammar of your posts.

If you think that good spelling and grammer defines high intelligence then that is why you write so much bullsh.t in your posts! Simply because you understand and perceive so poorly!

How many letters do you have after your name? Dont ask me, you might not like the answer!

Good day to you - mini pecker nut!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join