It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets into heaven? A question for theists and atheists alike.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Now in regards to the christian god
dont you think that letting christians into heaven would be a liablility to god seeming as they have proven themselves to be gulliable and therefor likely to be tricked by the devil.
i mean if they can believe in something without evidence then it would take much for the devil to convince them would it.
if the god of the bible was real i think that atheists would get into heaven because they have shown faith in reality.. which happens to be gods reality. because he created the reality..
im sure you guys get what i mean by now
edit on 26-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
None of us "get into" heaven, but we may get to visit. Heaven is where God lives, and remember that He dwells in inapproachable light. We will live in the Kingdom on Earth, with access to the entire created Universe, but I am not certain that Heaven is contained in said Universe.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
None of us "get into" heaven, but we may get to visit. Heaven is where God lives, and remember that He dwells in inapproachable light. We will live in the Kingdom on Earth, with access to the entire created Universe, but I am not certain that Heaven is contained in said Universe.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Wouldn't have been easier to say: "I Have No Freaking Clue"?

Instead of making up silly sayings like:

" He dwells in inapproachable light"

" We will live in the Kingdom on Earth, with access to the entire created Universe"

" but I am not certain that Heaven is contained in said Universe"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

we wont see any theist answers that make anymore sense.. sure the language may be more understandable but still the same garbage

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

we wont see any theist answers that make anymore sense.. sure the language may be more understandable but still the same garbage

True story.

His flock (see what I did there with a reference to sheep?) from what i have experienced are nothing but a gaggle (no intention of referencing geese, but whatever) of brain washed followers.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Dude, are you high right now? Cause that made little to no sense!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

does what i said make logical sense to you tho?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Thats discussion about religious matters for you. Makes no sense!

Pointless twaddle!

Religions = ignore-lis!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

Dude, are you high right now? Cause that made little to no sense!

i think it makes sense
people who believe in god a proving that they are guliable and untrustworthy
while atheists are proving they would be loyal if god proves his existence

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Too many people worry about that question, IMHO. The answer is that everyone gets into Heaven. It's just a matter of which level of heaven, or at what vibration, you ascend to.

When you die your spirit leaves your body. You look upon your body for a short time. Then normally people will see a light. They go into the light, usually. Then their vibration is sort of evaluated to see where they best fit in. People of lower vibration (love, or light factor) will be grouped together where it is comfortable for them. You feel uncomfortable in higher vibrations and uncomfortable in lower ones.

There is no such thing as Hell or the Devil. Sometimes people will either get into the astral planes by accident or they will be too ashamed of themselves to turn into the light (where they will indeed have to be judged - by themselves). In that case, there can be some pretty scary stuff there as it is the culmination of all our thoughts, good and bad. All you have to do if you find yourself there is to ask to see the light or ask for help from a spiritual being. You'll get through it.

Anyway, nothing to worry about. Death is definitely not something to fear.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It made perfect sense to me Short.
It was clear cut and nicely elucidated.
Jesus would have been proud.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

does what i said make logical sense to you tho?

It does, although it is a simplified theological question, it retains its merit.

People will ignore you and the question, because they do not know the answer, or they know the answer form a religious stand point make little or no sense.
edit on 26-10-2011 by mileysubet because: spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Thats discussion about religious matters for you. Makes no sense!

Pointless twaddle!

Religions = ignore-lis!!!

Look deeper my friend. If it seems pointless maybe it is, but often times it is because you have chosen not to delve into your self for the answer(s).
edit on 26-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Mate! Ive been so deep you could never ever contemplate my understanding! Nor my experience!

WWWise beyond your dreams!

Good luck with your deluded perspective/journey.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

how is he making things up??
It is said that to look directly up on God would kill you because of the light ....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

God has proven His existence, go outside and look at the natural world unless your one of these educated elite who think we come from a tin of campbells soup ....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Per the above post my previous post is proven...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I agree that christian doctrine is ridiculous, but I also think atheists are ridiculous. Not hating, just saying.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
I agree that christian doctrine is ridiculous, but I also think atheists are ridiculous. Not hating, just saying.

care to elaborate?
its not ridiculous to sit on the fence waiting for evidence.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I believe there is a creative force that exists. It is too bad that most religions have perverted what this energy is and used it for control and slavery of the human race!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join