It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting sighting.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Last night I was taking a walk, like I normally do. I looked up and saw a few planes flying above. I watched one plane. I noticed what appeared to be a star in its path. As the plane moved on, I noticed the star was moving. I thought it was simply because the plane was moving, the star was as well. As the plane disappeared over the mountain, I noticed this "star moving at a high rate of speed. It was tiny, a pinpoint of light. It was moving northward at a very high rate of speed. Higher than any of the planes. It looked like it was in high orbit.

It was moving North. It began to zigzag and veer a bit, like a drunk driver. It veered Northeast. Then back North. id say it took three minutes to travel the length of the sky, alot quicker than any plane. I was following it until it disappeared over the horizon.

Now, lets eliminate a couple possible explainations. It was not a satelite. For one, satelites Orbit the earth, in otherwords, they travel the skies from east to west,west to east. Objects moving north do no orbit the earth. Satelites also tend to orbit the equator, which is south of me.

It was not a plane. I have seen enough planes at night to know. I have seen high flying planes quite often, and know what the highest flying planes look like, and how fast they travel. This object looked like a pinpointed star moving, it was unrecognizable from surrounding starrs, except it moved at a high rate of speed. And it wasnt a shooting star, I have seen plenty to know what they look like and how they behave.

Anyway, Id like some views on what it could be. Im not saying it was ET in origin. It could be some secret high flying X-craft I am unaware of in test development.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
give up ? they wouldnt let me into the top secret high altitude experimental flight mandate room today - i couldnt find out - sorry

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
give up ? they wouldnt let me into the top secret high altitude experimental flight mandate room today - i couldnt find out - sorry

They wouldnt? But youre supposed to be like a high rankling reptile who gets to snort coke with Kriss Kristofferson!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Not totally true about north flying satelittes, There are some special application ones that do, i have one that goes that way over my house every night while i sit in my hot tub..... just depends on what kind of satelite they are i suppose...
but i have seen a similiar event and would have to suppose that these were either high flying secret craft, or just a routine alien road trip ...
in my instance, there were 7 of them in a modified v formation of 2 up and 5 down... they were playing hopscotch with each other as they jockied for lead. each just a dull pinpoint of light... about 10 minutes later, a fighter jet from tinker flew in from that same direction at a much lower altitude...it made me wonder if it was returning after not catching up to them... both happened around 10:30 at night... I also have seen them while on trips to Vegas... but in singles (must have gotten rid of the wifey).... they kinda remind me of foo fighters from world war 2.
were yours a faint orange glow, or other color?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The object I saw, like i said, looked like a star. A swift moving pinpoint of light. So, it shone white like most stars appear to the naked eye.

It was moving too fast to be a satalite, though i wasnt aware satelites can move north as well. Do you have info on what kind would do this?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It was a UFO being driven by a drunk alien.

It could of been some army airplanes being tested, depends on where you live.

Or simply it could been an actual UFO.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well Skadi...when I was a kid in Alaska, they used to hide SR71's in the Coast Guard Hangars.... Could be the still secret Blackbird replacement, using the same old tactic.....especially as it was flying north (i.e. towards Alaska)...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I see exactly what you're describing frequently Skadi,and I've actually seen them "fade out" when a military jet approaches their vicinity.Looks just like a star,way the heck up in the atmosphere,if you were just to glance up and look away,you'd never know it wasn't a star.They always travel North to South or vice versa,and they are hauling ass.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Actually, Gazrok, I was wondering about that.

One theory I thinking is possibly Aurora. After all, it can fly high orbit, cant it?

It was going sort of northeast, Alaska is northwest from me. Could have been going to Montana? i hear they have some interesting facilities there.

After it had faded into the Horizon, though, I did notice a few military planes going in that same direction, one even seemed to change course (it was going west). They all were C-148 and C-130, but I heard the distinct sound of F-16 engines, thought I did not see them.

Anyway, I am thinking towards the possibility of Aurora, though if that was it, it is friggin FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
One theory I thinking is possibly Aurora. After all, it can fly high orbit, cant it? ...Anyway, I am thinking towards the possibility of Aurora, though if that was it, it is friggin FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could someone explain to me what aurora is. is it some kind of super fast, high flying, killing machine

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Aurora is a super new spy plane the govornment denies exists, but many people believe it does. I think it can go into orbit of the planet, like a sub-space plane, shooting well into orbit, then flying back down to earth. Like a super duper U-2, I think.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

They all were C-148 and C-130, but I heard the distinct sound of F-16 engines, thought I did not see them.

Interesting...and consistent if they were doing tests...some of the lab equipment was likely on those planes, as Lockheed uses them often (it's what my father worked on mostly prior to the Raptor...)

If it was a test scenario, it makes sense to do a Canada flyover (friendly skies, but little populace)....

I'd say my money would be on Aurora...as you wouldn't "scramble" C130s to investigate, hehe.....

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yeah Gaz, that was my suspicon. Because they air force planes were mostly cargo/personell, they werent terribly fast, just veering in that direction, youre probably right. Sort of a test op. Canada, especially Alberta, which is northeast of me, would be ideal.

I must say, if that was the aurora, I am VERY impressed. That thing was hauling serious ass! Its apperant speed as it crossed the sky was faster than the space shuttle. By the apparent size, it was definitely above the atmosphere if it was indeed near earth.

If that is the aurora, I must say, I cannot wait till they release its existance to the public. Id love to know how the hell that sucker works, and if they plan the same tech for a new breed of fighter jets.

Look out world!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Aurora is a super new spy plane the govornment denies exists, but many people believe it does. I think it can go into orbit of the planet, like a sub-space plane, shooting well into orbit, then flying back down to earth. Like a super duper U-2, I think.

hey, uhh... do u know where i can get one of those.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

How many billions you got laying around?

Well Skadi, if your observations are correct, then that is certainly a serious contender... I'll have to poke at my father a bit, see if he knows anything about it...(if Lockheed is the one making it)...

If it was transatmospheric though, I doubt the tech would make into fighters, much like how the Blackbird's engines worked... Different requirements with thinning air...than combat jets.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well if you cannot identify it, then it clearly is an unidentified flying object.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
She knows....

Skadi is ex military, so I have some faith in her ability to identify aircraft... As an ex military brat myself, I can often do the same, and that's just from being a kid and around them....(though I'm sure Skadi's skill in this is better than mine)...

From the evidence, I'd think a test flight is the most likely candidate, but some intriguing details (altitude and speed of the object) nonetheless... Aurora is a good contender....

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ur sightign sounds a lot like thos picturs Doctor Jim posted. Plains following lights. hmmmm

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

How many billions you got laying around?

Well Skadi, if your observations are correct, then that is certainly a serious contender... I'll have to poke at my father a bit, see if he knows anything about it...(if Lockheed is the one making it)...

If it was transatmospheric though, I doubt the tech would make into fighters, much like how the Blackbird's engines worked... Different requirements with thinning air...than combat jets.

Hi....

Hmm... if lockhead is working on it thats a good thing.
Although there is a Lockheed Operations Station near where I live.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, I dunno, Gaz. Do we know just what sort of propulsion system the aurora works with? We could be looking at something completely not jet propulasion, but something even more far out.

I have heard rumors of the gov sucessfully experimenting with and devloping anti grav propulsion. I have not heard any reliable specs on the Aurora, i dunno exactly how the thing operates, only the general description that its a high orbiting plane that can also descend into the atmosphere.

The kind of movement i saw in this spot of moving light, as well as the speed, would point to a propulsion system that might well work very good on fighters and bombers.

Ijust bought a cheap pair of binoculars, 4x magnification, since i cannot afford a camera yet, i hope at least next time i see something unique, i might get a little bit better glimpse and discription of it.

top topics

join