It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello and question about OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
im not really that new here, i just tend to read more than comment. but hello anyways. i do however have a question ive been trying to ask in other discussions in the OWS threads. Why are we not talking about changing our tax claims to exempt? i get the closing of accounts and have already done it, but the government is still ignoring us. wouldnt this be a more effective way of protest. hit em where its hurts, so to say.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My son-in-law and daughter do that already.

As for me, I'm already tax exempt, so far. My income mostly comes from VA disability.

And I thank each and everyone of you who pay taxes so I can live.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My initial thought would be that it's "Occupy Wall Street," which is run by the banks, not the government so I guess it really all got started as a protest against the banks. I realize the focus has drifted so maybe this proposal will be on the table soon.

We can only hope that this movement continues to gain support so that when such an idea is presented, there is a lot of backing because a plan like that only works if you get a high participation rate.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

true we must have alot people to make that work. the banks though arent going to change anything by themselves, the government has to regulate and so far they are doing a pretty good job ate ignoring the movement. with this plan, i dont see how they could ignore it.

new topics

top topics

join