It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell to a friend..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, not to plagerize the Beatles, I read the news today oh boy..
When I woke up this morning, I read the paper on line, as I always do. An article about some girl getting 12 felonies for drugs. blah blah blah. But then she said, her friend had died of an overdose and she was just all messed up, I guess. Well the article said the girls name that overdosed and my jaw hit the ground.

Its noone famous or anything. Just and old friend from school. I read her obituary and sure enough, it was her. After a little shock, I searched her name in the paper and found an article about her from a year ago, where they found her nearly passed out in her car, with her daughter in the back seat with a tshirt wadded up, acting as a diaper. She was on crack and pain killers and blew a .23. Car was crashed. Noone was hurt though.

See, in todays obit, it said that she now joins her son. So as Im reading this, it all comes together. This girl grew up, went to a good school, got married, everything was going great. Then when she lost her child, she went off the deep end. There they found her in March with her child. She was nearly out and had wrecked her car. I couldnt believe it. This girl..it just dumb founds me.

Then I thought, how sad. Noone to help her. To go from where she was, to how she died...Its terrible. I feel for her family and her. I wish there was someway of reaching people in her situation. Makes all of my problems seem insignificant.

I lost my mother when I was 15 and never received any sort of therapy for it. I wish I would have. Would have made the next 10 years alot more productive. Anyrate, I always thought that would happen to me. I felt like it alot of times. I did alot of drugs, but always pulled out before it got outta hand. Somehow, I always get by, but I hurt for this girl. I guess I was lucky.

I hope she finds peace now. This might sound dumb, but if any of you are religous at all, maybe tonight you can say a little prayer for her. Her name was Kirsten. She was a good person.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thats a really sad story

I know what you mean, when we hear of stories like this we feel helpless. It seems like these people only needed somebody to talk to, somebody who would actually listen.
Several years ago I found out that a friend of mine from high school died of drug overdose. I often wondered what would have happened if I had talked to him more or something. Maybe he wouldn't go that far.

I will say a prayer for Kirsten.
I hope she finds peace in the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
thanks. im catholic, and i hope it isnt like we say it is when you take your own life. she doesnt deserve that..

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372

Then I thought, how sad. Noone to help her. To go from where she was, to how she died...Its terrible. I feel for her family and her. I wish there was someway of reaching people in her situation. Makes all of my problems seem insignificant.

There is a way. Back in the early 90's I was a Samaritan volunteer - we were there when people needed someone to talk with - 24 hours a day, every day in the year. Our reason to exist was to help. If someone needed our help, we would do whatever we could to give them aid, and God help anyone playing jobsworth or trying to use red tape to stop us offering this help - Believe me, jobsworths did not want to have to deal with the Pisky.

I believe the US version is 'Befrienders International'.

I just wish that people like Kirsten knew that such organisations exist.

I had to leave the Samaritans because I moved to another city, but plan to join once again when things are sorted here. I will keep Kirsten in my thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join