learn more

Eagle owl at 1000 frames per Second towards a camera

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
Aww, come on folks, it's obviously CGI!!!

But seriously...sometimes we all need to see the absolute majesty of the animal kingdom to realise just where we fit into the scheme of things.

The fact that we can appreciate such a raw display of power, agility, precision and stunning beauty suggests by the mesmerising effect it has on us that deep down we know life - in all its forms - truly is important and precious.

Thanks to the OP for the video.

Even 6 eyed kittens.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

Ah, but the beauty of six eyed kittens is that they can hang from the ceiling. This reminds us to wear sturdy hats at all times. The lesson of the Owl in the video is never hold raw meat in your bare hands when standing in a field, unless you don't intend on your fingers staying where they are.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Poetry in motion! Thanks for sharing, very cool!

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That was incredible. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Awesome video. I will be watching this one a few more times.
Nature is amazing and thanks for posting it here.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Saddly that's the last thing most Wild Mice ever see.
But hey, if you've gotta go out...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
birds of prey are amazing
I caught a Peregrine Falcon attacking my chickens it flew past my face within a few inches like a rocket!

My Rooster fought with it and won!!

I raised a Lesser Horned Owl when I was a teenager, ( I gained mad mouse hunting skillz!!!)

I released it into the wild,and it lived a long happy life and choose my grandparents farm as its territory

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That is an amazing video. Unfortunately I've came too close to seeing that in person. I love owls and all, but it was just dusk, and we had taken our new boxer pup outside. The darn thing flew right between my husband and I, not 5 feet from the ground. Luckily he didn't actually grab the puppy. Scared the he** out of me!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Man that thing looks EVIL towards the end. EVIIIIIIIL!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
that was really beautiful ! I have a few conures as pets and have been letting them grow their flight feathers back.
Their agility never ceases to amaze me.
I wish I could fly....
Thanks for sharing !

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Very cool video. That made my day. Thank you.
I once had a barn owl land on the fence below my bedroom _ I was so afraid to move for fear I would scare it off. I could see it's shadow reflecting off the neighbors house. It stayed for about 3 minutes, and then without a sound it flew away into the nite. I never got to see the owl but watching the shadow was pretty cool.

There's an old wives tale, that states "If an owl lands under your bedroom window, someone close to you wil die."
At least that was the way it was told to me. No one died close to me.

It is something I will always remember.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

My girls brother played in an '80's "hair band" and running down the road one day in CA., a fruit bat attacked him and got stuck in his massive hair.
Evidently he tripped out in panic and fear but finally got the bat out of his hair.
I wonder if it affected him permenantly. I didn't know him then so cannot compare.

That would be one bad day.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful! Even amongst all the crisis' that are going on in the world, it is nice to take a step back and see how truly majestic the Earth itself truly is. Thank you for this

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They look like a cat. I never seen an owl up that close. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Awesome video, kinda scary lol, quick question, did the owl face smack the camera?, too bad it didn't go longer lol

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just incredible. To watch the fine control of movement in each wing to line up the strike was a real treat. Our world has produced some amazing things.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Isn't the engineering of Nature amazing ?

As the owl approached the camera he began to look like my cat telling it's time to get out of bed.

Animals are beautiful things !

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Did you see it do the reptillian morph?! Even the dang owls are from outer flippin space now! jeesh!
Good vid tho.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

this video is pretty sick how the owl moves all it extremities all at the same time with complete control

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here is easily my favorite owl.

The Transformer Owl.

youtu.be...
edit on 26-10-2011 by jingjok because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-10-2011 by jingjok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join