It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the troops come home before an election huh? GB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow, I just realized that when Obama has realized he will need the support from his people will he do what we have been asking him all along to do-Get the troops out of some place we have no business in. I am curious to see why they are all grouping up in the states. War? Need more voters?
Now as we all sit and wait to see why they are really coming back home, I can only think it's not for any real good reason. I think we have P.O'ed just about everyone from around the world, and we are shaking in our boots. We have made quite a few enemies in the past...oh...since I was a child, now the world is full of chaos, and destruction.
This reminds me of Bush's last moments in office when he got a good look in the mirror and said "Wow, what have I done to be remembered in history, other than destroy my own country's infrastructure, jobs, and immigration policy?
I'm just saying I remember hearing Obama talk about all this magic called "Change". Gosh that was so long ago it lost all meaning, no one told us it would take his whole term to accomplish.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The troops have been planning on being here by the end of the year 2011 for years now. Remember that meeting where some douche threw a shoe at Bush. Ya, since then.

So no, it was not planned for Obamas convenience.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Everything Obama does over the next year will be about the election. That's what they mean by Lame Duck. Once the campaign starts, forget anything else and you cannot trust anything he says from that point on. Remember all the broken promises like transparency and the other lies? Unemployment under 8% an no higher?

Forget Obama the President, he is Obama the Candidate from now forward. He would start another war if he thought it would help.

Now the Sunni's and Kurd's will be slaughtered. You watch. All so he can keep his power.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I swear, I heard the Secretary of Defense say on the radio, just a couple of days ago, that the U.S. will maintain a force of 40,000 troops in Iraq, for, until whenever. Probably "trainers".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
They're coming home so they can go to Iran.
As soon as there's a false flag involving Iran.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Obama said he wants 1 million soldiers here before Jan.

Killing two birds with one stone. Bring em home and then march them on the revolution.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Looking more like 1968 everyday man..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The Nov 2008 (under Bush) agreement says so,

unless it has been rescinded?

Agreement
Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq
On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of
Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq

Article 24
Withdrawal of the United States Forces from Iraq
Recognizing the performance and increasing capacity of the Iraqi Security Forces, the
assumption of full security responsibility by those Forces, and based upon the strong
relationship between the Parties, an agreement on the following has been reached:

1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than
December 31, 2011. ....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I thought I heard it was because Iraq has said that our troops were going to no longer be immune to their laws. So basically we cant get away with war crimes anymore. I know that actually being accountable for your actions seems unfair, but its what Iraq wants.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
the troops are coming home because they need a little break between wars......next stop syria.....and then iran....and then libya.....we have to keep the god of war happy, afterall, idle hands are the devil's workshop....but that's just my opinion

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You're all right, they are just taking a break between wars is all. I like the "Lame Duck" term too, thanks-I never heard of it before.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I swear, I heard the Secretary of Defense say on the radio, just a couple of days ago, that the U.S. will maintain a force of 40,000 troops in Iraq, for, until whenever. Probably "trainers".

You are right. I read that in the MSM last week, but I can't remember where now.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
Looking more like 1968 everyday man..

Sad, but true.....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Wow, I just realized that when Obama has realized he will need the support from his people will he do what we have been asking him all along to do-Get the troops out of some place we have no business in. I am curious to see why they are all grouping up in the states. War? Need more voters?

As I recall, his promise during the presidential primaries was to withdraw all troops by August 2011. Of course it's October now, he's late, so we can say he broke part of that promise, but it's not that far off. Maybe you can argue that he had planned this well in advance before the 2012? I don't know.

Besides, I don't think you need to worry aboutt the voters being derailed. They will forget about this once the primaries come around and the good ol' Republican boys (and gal) will have a shot.

This reminds me of Bush's last moments in office when he got a good look in the mirror and said "Wow, what have I done to be remembered in history, other than destroy my own country's infrastructure, jobs, and immigration policy?
I'm just saying I remember hearing Obama talk about all this magic called "Change".

Every presidential candidate has over the years come up with some idea of 'change', Obama isn't the first one to run with this in his campaign, and he will not be the last. The current republican presidents all insist upon major changes during their presidencies... the fact you're singling out Obama for following the established trend of all presidents before him indicates to me that you has a personal issue with him. Obama to me is an establishment candidate, he became one the minute he decided to continue the patriot act, nothing more. The fact he broke his 'change' promise can be applied to the presidents before him, and the presidential candidates that insist to take his position after.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
The troops have been planning on being here by the end of the year 2011 for years now. Remember that meeting where some douche threw a shoe at Bush. Ya, since then.

So no, it was not planned for Obamas convenience.

Actually that's a good point. Wasn't it that after Obama came out with the plan to withdraw troops in 2011, Bush himself came out and announced troops would be withdrawn by the end of 2011? So I guess Bush must be one of his campaign schemers then

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The current potus has broken alot of promises and what good does it do to bring troops home when he has been putting them in other countries.

Anyways yeah the campaigner in chief suckering his believers because "he cares"

Meh the hopeless leading the clueless.

edit on 27-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Only the paranoid or the delusional think this will be about bringing home the troops so they can vote for Obama in 2012. These people need to be reminded that troops can already vote right were they're at - just because they're in Iraq or the military doesn't mean they can't vote. Besides the military tends to vote Republican, it's not a bloc that traditionally votes Democrat.

Obama's just sticking to the agreement (under Bush) that all American troops would be out of Iraq by December 2011.

top topics

join