It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope and Change you can believe in coming in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I listened to this song earlier and thought it said it right. I call it the Tea Party Anthem, even though it's really called " I am America ". For me, it arouses the patriot in me that says it's good to be an American. I'm sure it will move and motivate many more besides me. You can listen to it here,

www.youtube.com...

I wonder what the anthem of the left would be. Perhaps the old Soviet Anthem maybe ? Anyway, enjoy the song and relate your thoughts on anthems. They worked well in the 60's by the leftists. Can they work for the right ?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Great song.
Maybe the Occupy movement should adopt this as the official Anthem?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I wonder what the anthem of the left would be. Perhaps the old Soviet Anthem maybe ?

A threads not a thread till someone randomly bashes Liberals.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I think the perfect liberal anthem would be:

I owe
I owe
Its off to work someone else must go

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ain't got a clue, do ya?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Bwahahaha a crappy tea party "pop" song. I'm sure this Krista Branch will be a "huge" hit.

As Rebecca Black has shown us, anyone with money can make a song and video and leverage iTunes and YouTube to gain attention.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I listened to this song earlier and thought it said it right. I call it the Tea Party Anthem, even though it's really called " I am America ". For me, it arouses the patriot in me that says it's good to be an American. I'm sure it will move and motivate many more besides me. You can listen to it here,

www.youtube.com...

I wonder what the anthem of the left would be. Perhaps the old Soviet Anthem maybe ? Anyway, enjoy the song and relate your thoughts on anthems. They worked well in the 60's by the leftists. Can they work for the right ?

I'm definitely from the "Left" and I doubt that our choice for an anthem would have anything to do with the Soviet Union. On the other hand, I do believe that our choice would be much more global in nature.

This is the basic difference between the Tea Party movement and the Occupy Wall St. movement that conservatives fail miserably to recognize, which is the fact that the OWS movement is much more global in nature. The OWS movement is more about preserving the rights of "People" everywhere, not to be manipulated and controlled by an elite few, not just here in America.

I think our anthem might go something like this;

Or maybe this;

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
My submission for OWS anthem.
"In the end it really all depends on whether or not you're working for another man's ends"

edit on 26-10-2011 by subject x because:

edit on 26-10-2011 by subject x because:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I would have 'Fight the Power' by Public Enemy :-)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Ain't got a clue, do ya?

No, the left is a confusing lot to me. They seem to want freedom and be about the individual but desire big brother cradle to grave government, pension plans, free medical and tuition, etc. And from what I hear is going on within the OWS camps around the country it looks like some illegal and even criminal activity is going on as well. But if I could think of a song for an anthem a would certainly post it. I have to think about it first.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

join