It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Republican Derby... Pick your Horse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tHEpROGRESSIVE

Iran will not engage in nuclear war. It is a mute point. They are not in any position militarily to make any threats or follow through.

No, I would not like to see innocent people hurt. Ahmadinejad does not speak for his entire country. He does answer to the Ayatollah. Additionally, the Iranian people are just like any countries people. Most are peaceful loving human beings. The governments make the people of any country look bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Yeah I am sure most German folks were good people too back in the 30's and 40's. Sometimes you just get a lunatic for a leader that does what he wants.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I believe that the real nominee has yet to enter the race. I'm waiting for a name-recognition candidate ( like Jeb Bush, maybe? ) to get "deputized" by a panicked GOP when all the current "contenders" knock one another senseless during the current cage match.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tHEpROGRESSIVE

Yeah I am sure most German folks were good people too back in the 30's and 40's. Sometimes you just get a lunatic for a leader that does what he wants.

Your looking for an argument that you can not back up with facts. History has come and gone. Do we learn from our history? You may be right. Maybe not.

It appears that our country is dead set upon taking out all middle eastern dictatorships. Do we really belong there? It is not in our back yard.

Getting back to the subject matter....Ron Paul wants out of the business of taking care of policing the world. RP has been in politics more than most politicians to date. He most certainly is familiar with foreign affairs. The man is incredibly smart.

Let that part of world police itself.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I agree that Ron Paul is a smart man, but his foreign policy ideas, especially in regards to Iran are naive at best and totally wreckless at worst.

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter, because Ron Paul cannot seem to get more than 12% of the vote and if anything his share is going down.
edit on 25-10-2011 by tHEpROGRESSIVE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I agree that Ron Paul is a smart man, but his foreign policy ideas, especially in regards to Iran are naive at best and totally wreckless at worst.

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter, because Ron Paul cannot seem to get more than 12% of the vote and if anything his share is going down.

I can't argue with you anymore than you can argue with me. We both have our deep seated beliefs. No problem. We are both entitled to our beliefs.

Best regards.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

I can't argue with you anymore than you can argue with me. We both have our deep seated beliefs. No problem. We are both entitled to our beliefs.

Best regards.

Regards to you as well my friend.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
I believe that the real nominee has yet to enter the race. I'm waiting for a name-recognition candidate ( like Jeb Bush, maybe? ) to get "deputized" by a panicked GOP when all the current "contenders" knock one another senseless during the current cage match.

That's why I think Newt is 5 - 1.

He really looks like the only adult and the smartest guy in the room.

But, He is carrying a ton of baggage.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
What about Gary Johnson?

www.garyjohnson2012.com...

I meant no disrespect....

Just trying to narrow things down.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Mitt Romney is not broke, he is Wall street favorite, for the white house and if the fat rats wants him in there he will make there.

Nothing but political whores what we got for candidates this days.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

"Broke Well" is a Horse Racing term for started fast...

I do however, agree with your comments.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Oh, thanks, yes you can see the information on 2012 candidates funding here, is quite an eye opener you can pretty much tell who will be winning the white house now that the US citizens are against wall street.

www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 26-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I still like Michelle Bachmann.
Most of the people I see running in the Grand Old Party and /or the Tea Party seem to have shared ideas and plans.I believe that she may be the "pull" that the party needs for the next 8 years. (with Ron Paul as VP)
State elections here in KY on 11/08/2011 and I'm not sure who will receive my vote.Maybe here in KY we should all vote third party candidates and prey on something better.Or do I mean pray for?????

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
More Like a donkey derby than a horse race isn't it. OK you got Ron Paul, a horse amongst donkey's but an old horse who's stumbling around may effect his performance

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I was just having some fun.

Like most everything having to do with politics on this site.

It was not received the way I intended it.

It wasn't a serious attempt at handicapping the GOP field.

Lighten up people....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think I handicapped it fairly well.

Well, except for Herman Cain.

Hey Herman, Wait till Momma gets home....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Romney is a rino just like perry the only real republican up there is gingrich.

That said I pick Paul.

Huntsman has a chance as me walking in to the White House and telling the current potus he's done a great job.

We need to start dividing the Presidential Republican Derby up into groups.

Big Government Republicans ----- Small Government Conservatives

Until you do that, you are wasting your time.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Huntsman has a chance as me walking in to the White House and telling the current potus he's done a great job.

Well said!

Not the doing a good part though..............................

Just your chances and Huntsmans strolling hand in hand.........

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Mitt Romney is not broke, he is Wall street favorite, for the white house and if the fat rats wants him in there he will make there.

Nothing but political whores what we got for candidates this days.

Mitt Romney self-destructed during an interview with Brett Baier Fox News.

Chris Matthews liked it so much he jumped with glee and showed the interview on his show.

Believe it or not, Mitt Romney complained directly to Brett Baier after the interview that
it was unfair.

Give me a break. Mitt is a prima donna.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

For me to vote for Mitt...

You would have to kill me. Then jab a pencil through my hand. Then manipulate my dead hand.

I think I made that clear...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join