It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I didn't see any post on this article, or saw a post that had a reliable source. Sorry if there was one already. I found this on CNN and found it to be particularly interesting.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think I saw this article, or one like it a couple of weeks ago.

For such an activity to survive reentry, it would have had to be a relatively large meteor, likely around 20-40 meters in diameter. Such meteors routinely (about 3-5 times a year) impact the upper atmosphere, where they usually explode with upwards of megaton energy release. There is often large amounts of debris that survives these explosions and reentry, and are often small enough to not pose a serious hazard on the ground.

I would be very interested to see the tapes from the US KillSats that likely recorded this event.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Two days ago, a loud bang was heard over a large part of the north of the Netherlands. The Royal Metrology Service commented on this by saying that they measured a substantial acoustic wave.

Link

Sorry guys, dutch only link. But the hypothesis is either a meteorite or a sonic boom by a plane.

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Devils Advocate]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Last decade several loud bangs were heard in Friesland (nothern part of holland). I have read somewere that they might be sonic booms from experimental aircraft flown by the USAF. Like the hypersonic aurora, they make a trip from groom lake all the way to Norwegian airspace and return.

Read this report about a black triangle sighting over the north sea back in '89.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it could very well be just a Royal Dutch airforce F-16...They operate from Friesland (vliegbasis Leeuwarden)...

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

top topics

join