It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAMBODIA Plagued Drug Resistant MALARIA & Extensive FLOODING China helps, Villages still Starving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
came across this after hearing about the Flooding in THAILAND. it seems the other southeast asian countries like Cambodia, go unnoticed because Thailand is a western tourist hotspot, whilst Cambodia remains a poor 'third world' hidden treasure off the beaten path, aside from Angkor Wat.

"The people of this village live under harsh conditions and suffer from the ongoing flooding, lack of: food, clothing, education and medicine"

khmer.cc...

China is helping however resources are not reaching some isolate villages, please help them and chip in some spare change thru PayPal or thru ur preferred s.e.a. charity if you have a heart!

in Cambodia, the government has tightened its grip on private drug stores, often the source of resistance-enhancing fake drugs and improper treatment. there is concern, though, that the effort may shut down the pharmacies upon which Cambodians most rely.

edit on 25-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think this is pretty serious.

Anyone have any maps/diagrams of the scale of this flooding? That would be interesting to examine.

Flagging this, hopefully it can reach front page eventually.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ive been to cambodia and ankgor wat.. i can tell you they are the most friendly and warm people you could hope to meet.. and that country and its people have been through serious traumas..

i met some fantastic people there and i pray they are ok.. i wasnt aware of any problems until now, but as you say it doesnt get mentioned..

star and flag for the same reason as muzzleflash..

edit on 25/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
heres the overview Oct 2011 flooding map:

heres the Kandal (western Cambodia) flooding map:

& heres the Kampong Thom (eastern) Cambodia flooding map:

www.emergencyresponse.eu...

as you can see from the maps, the flooding is extremely widespread so China aid is going to reach the big villages while the smaller, distant villages are overlooked altogether and 1000s kids left to starve to death

to top it off, there is rice price-gouging going on. which of course is their main/staple food needed.

please visit their community page and help out in any way possible, guys!

khmer.cc...

edit on 25-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join