It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Is Calling For A New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Those politicians who think the Dodd-Frank law went too far in attempting to reform Wall Street will likely need smelling salts after taking a look at a proposal for reforming the global financial system that was released by the Vatican on Monday. The proposal’s centerpiece is a call for the formation of a global political authority that would, among other things, possess broad powers to regulate financial markets. The reality of globalization, says the document, necessitates a “gradual, balanced transfer of a part of each nation’s powers to a world authority and to regional authorities.” The Vatican envisions this global authority playing a role not just in overseeing financial markets, but also disarmament and arms control, food security and peace efforts. Read more: swampland.time.com...

CNN's Report

(CNN) – Against the backdrop of the European debt crisis and the birth of the Occupy Wall Street movement, the Vatican on Monday called for a new “global public authority” to help reform the world’s finance and economic systems. New ideologies are “reducing the common good to economic, financial and technical questions, (placing) the future of democratic institutions themselves at risk," said Roman Catholic Bishop Mario Toso at a Monday press conference. The document, called "Towards reforming the international financial and monetary systems in the context of a global public authority" quotes former Pope John Paul II in bemoaning the “idolatry of the market.” The document calls for a new global economic authority that could impose penalties on member states as “way of ensuring that they possess efficient markets,” Toso said. Some progressives embraced the Vatican’s call, arguing that it sounded many of the same themes as the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Read more:Vatican calls for new global financial authority

What are your thoughts? ( i apologize in advance if someone already made a thread on this)

Edit: Apparently my inner idiot posted this thread in the wrong section (my first thread), So if anyone of you gracious fellows out there wanna tell me how to move it in the appropriate section, I'd be jolly.
edit on 25-10-2011 by deanx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
count me out if the vatican has anything to do with it.

new world order yes. but not how they want it. we need real freedom

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Count me out of anything related to the papacy or the Vatican. I get really bad vibes from the whole brain-washing, gilded institution. And for some reason, Pope Benedict reminds me eerily of Emperor Palpatine.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have to admit I'm wondering about this.

How authoritative is it supposed to be? It was issued as a "note" from a "Pontifical Council." Is it intended only to spark discussion? Be the introduction of a formal Church position? It wasn't signed by the Pope. Justice and Peace is probably the most left-leaning of the offices.

It seems to be interfering with the principle of prudential judgment (basically, the Church shows which goals and methods are moral, the State figures out which method to use.)

I just don't know what to make of it and think that we're going to have to see what happens on this.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yay the institution most responsible for the globalization of poverty for 2000 years
(oh yeah and there's that little matter of the Spanish Inquisition)
wants a centralized global system for total control of YOUR money!!
that will solve the problem of anyone having any money at all (it's the root of all evil you know)

what if you aren't Catholic???

top topics

join