It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calleman, October 28 & What It Means For Your Weekend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

So tell us how you really feel...

... and save me a spot in line.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalControl
Don't take Calleman out of context sure he may not be 100% right but there is some truth to this.
The world is changing before our eyes, and i can't deny that something in my consciousness has been a quite wavey.

The best con-men mix just enough truth with lies so that you'll believe.

The world is always changing, and every generation thinks they're at the peak of human civilisation.

While I will also NOT deny something in your consciousness is changing (after all, look at the forum you're reading), this is also an inevitable experience for humans. We all change, we all grow, we all become wiser, as we always have, from the beginning of time.

As I always say - this is not new, or news.

You just think it is because the people who are reaching that specific growth process this time around, are privy to something almost no other generation has ever had...

Google.

And they congregate.
And they compare stories.
And then their ideas and memories get twisted by emotion, and they start picking end of the world dates....

My apologies for the platitudes.
Don't believe me? Google it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

This actually brings up another problem with Calleman. He relies on a unilineal evolutionary model for society. This model however has been shown to be wrong since the early 20th century. It is is rooted very in an ethnocentric view of the world and relies on the assumption that every culture evolves in the same way which is easily proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Most of the codeces of the Mayan were destroyed by the Aztecs. They viewed their practices as barbaric and burned nearly all the writings they found. Very little was left. We have no idea if there was more to this calendar or even if we are using it correctly since so little was left intact after the invasion. I dont see how anyone could make any kind of claims regarding what the Mayans knew or what their calendar meant.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yeah, I know mine was gone by 2009. I work strictly on commission and I dont make money unless people are willing to spend money. No one spends since 2008. I still have a job but I am the working wounded. so yeah money gone.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

The Aztecs were in central Mexico while the Long Count saw most of its use in the Guatemalan lowlands. Also, certain monuments such as Coba Stela 1 give us a very good idea of the structure and use of at least the Long Count. In fact some researchers have taken to calling Coba Stela 1 the Grand Long Count and postulate that other Long Counts are derived from it. The only calendar that really has any mystery to it is the Tzolkin, although modern Maya use it in a ritualistic sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalControl
Ah yes and lets not forget about ian lungold to my knowledge he explains this change better than most people.

lungold...oh man....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Balderdash, hog wash and idiocy.

I know the real story of this weekends change.

Mark my words and mark them well.

The Georgia Dawgs are going to win the football game against the Florida Gators this weekend.

Believe me in this part of the world that is all that matters.

Let the earth quakes rip, the wind and rain blow and please let the Dawgs out.

A building vibration has begun and the party starts Thursday evening and lasts all weekend.

The coals will be made ready for some Gator meat.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
We are now onto October 28th on the East Coast. We are also two hours away from it being the 28th in Guatemala. This is the time zone I am using in regards to Calleman's nonsense as it is the area where use of the Long Count was most prevalent. So if nothing happens within 26 hours we will have the final proof that Calleman was wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yep, it's the 28th on the East Coast.

*holds breath*

Pause.

*exhales*

Yep. Still the same.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Very Informative i like these stories about how someone predicts that the world might end i mean its not gonna end but i like reading these types of posts

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes, 28th of October. I still had to hear that damn alarm clock, get up, feed the animals, commute to work... ugh

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The ironic thing is,.. When somebody finally gets the prediction right, they're not even going to be around to say "I told you so"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

What bothers me more, is the people who are genuinely trying to help because they really do believe its going to end...

No one should live in that kind of fear.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes I agree that no one should ever have to live in fear, but also think you'd have to be pretty dumb to believe that sort of thing in the 1st place - Just my opinion

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow, I'm loving the conciousness change! I can now manifest my desires by merely thinking about them. The global economy is booming, everyone is getting back to work. Most countries have disbanded their militaries because everyone is so loved up and happy there is just no need for armies. Everyone is so helpful and kind!

I'm loving this post October 28th world!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
ahem, still breathing

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So, Xcal, can we safely say Calleman was wrong?

Perhaps he just needs to pull a "Harold Camping", and change the date again. Maybe he got his calculations wrong?

The weekend is almost over.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

It's that damned leap year conundrum again.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Forevever

This actually brings up another problem with Calleman. He relies on a unilineal evolutionary model for society. This model however has been shown to be wrong since the early 20th century. It is is rooted very in an ethnocentric view of the world and relies on the assumption that every culture evolves in the same way which is easily proven wrong.

Please outline some parallel examples of variables in cultural evolution?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join