It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Melbourne protesters turn on police in city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And no it is not physical either. By the sounds of it some dipstick has made up a bunch of flyers with a photo of a police officer stating that he is a danger to the public or something along the lines of it. Occupy Melbourne have said that this is not an official poster of the movement.

The police are not happy, The mayor of Melbourne is fuming, whilst telling his police officers not to be deterred by the poster and keep doing their job.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

Well I say this, Why don't you get your police officers, go find some real criminals who are in and around your city instead of attacking or forcefully removing peaceful protesters. I do not see how police officers man handling protestors is doing there job.....

Also I disagree with the poster that has been released as it is a defamation of character and this guy is most likely just doing what he is told to do. The people who created these, just go home because people like you, just make things harder for the real people trying to have their voices heard.
edit on 25-10-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

When asked why the officer’s picture was used he said: "I’d say he’s probably the only one they got a clear enough photo of to put on a poster’’.

How many cops are there?

This is a ridiculous statement - I'm sure there is plenty of opportunity to get multiple shots of multiple police officers. This officer in particular was targeted and I'm inclined to believe there is some truth behind it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I never cease to wonder why, given the role of the police is to enforce law, why they dont enforce the rights of the protesters with just as much vigor as they enforce the rights of others .

Its about time someoby asked this question in a media exhange.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

great idea,it should be used more often in everyday police brutality cases....we should give that man an award.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Intresting.

You do mention however, "people have thier voices heard". Ohers may say, we have been shouting but ot falls on deaf ears. Its impossible to "have your voice heard" if no one is listening. I dont see anyhing wrong with the poster/flyer when one considers the actions of police, they have been a danger to the public. Tazer Torture and pepper spray for example, is in my book a danger.

edit on 25-10-2011 by TheMindWar because: Info

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I understand what the police have been doing, and I agree it is wrong. But what are posters like this really going to achieve? especially when the posters are not coming from the people protesting and its just some smartarse looking for a giggle. I do see where you are all coming from, especially that protesters could of got heaps of photos of cops, and why has this one been singled out? But at the same time what if the police officer is only doing his job and maybe has not removed or peppersprayed, beat down protesters... Either way you should not single out one officer, because I'm sure then are plenty more that most likely done worse than him.

"Voices Heard" I will re-phrase what I said. The protesters are there to protest peacefully from what I hear in Northern Victoria. If some smart-arse, who is not protesting comes along with these posters, it makes everyone look bad, and the little hope the protesters have of achieving anything, has just taken a big hit because of the people releasing them. It does not help anyone who is there everyday protesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That looks like the same cop that was in a video posted earlier where the cops where pulling people out of a park or square and he was the only cop hitting and being rough with the protesters. think this is the right link www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Looks to me that the mayor is looking for something to be fuming about.

I am sure the police have seen and heard worse and prbably from the mayor in the past and if this angers them have they the temperment they need to be police?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by warsight

If it is the same cop, then someone has done their homework and they deserve a medal.... I do not see why they would single out one police officer for no reason, when they have the opportunity do single out every cop that was there when this removal took place.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think its a grate idea, you say hes just doing his job but his job is to beat innocent people? I think people should start doing this. It can help stop the abuse. If you wear a cop and a video broke out of you beating a innocent your family would look down on you, your not the hero cop your family thought you wear. Thus keeping cops from abusing their powers. If the media reported on police abuse and posted the cops face on TV then more would stop abusing their powers because cops have a life to.

edit on 25-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Fair enough, but if you are going to single out one cop, who didn't commit all of the incidents, then there should be posters of every cop that decided to beat, remove, pepperspray, drag people forcefully. Singling out one cop is not making the police look bad, it is making an individual officer look bad and it most likely is not this blokes fault. The entire force should be rubbished as one, not one officer who has been told to remove protesters.

new topics

top topics

join