It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music is Forever - ancient flutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The second vid you linked makes me want to watch Shogun Assassin again

Truly a gentleman's weapon of choice...

edit on 26-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedWheel
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Great topic, I have often done late night web searches for things like "the oldest song in the world" just out of curiosity. I never really thought of the origins of music itself. Side note, I wonder what my dogs think about my taste in music...

Hi. Welcome to ATS! Your question reminds me of the day I tinkered softly on the piano, just playing some melodies to soothe myself through a problem I was trying to solve. I played some Irish music that so reminded me of my departed mother. Just then the dog and cat who were in different parts of the house came to me and lay on the floor right in front of the piano. They repeated this act on different occasions, but never when I played classical pieces. When my kids tuned the radio to the rock station, they left the room.

OP, I'm saving the links you posted for further examination in the morning. Interesting thread. I love the sound of that eagle flute, btw, but the resonance of the brass one does not agree with me.

I'll contribute a link to ancient instruments with the following video, if I may

edit on 28-10-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join