It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser or plasma guns will exist, i guarantee it. (maybe they do now)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi people, okay if you watch SCI-FI movies over the years then you know that laser guns are only in movies right? well not anymore... Scientists have been developing "gamma ray rifles" as i believe they are called and it is a high energy laser rifle which shoots very large amounts of gamma radiation into a persons brain and frying it from the inside out.. i cannot find an article about this.. but a TV show i remember watching had a former CIA agent discuss this... the beam color is green i will provide a link as to what it looks like at night (not the real weapon separate item used)

I find it very strange that i cannot find an article for this when i saw it on TV..maybe i am not searching hard enough?.. i dont know.
and YES it is real...and with that being said.. if they have this type of technology (which they do) then laser guns and plasma guns are not so far fetched as the movies insist..
i will provide a picture of what it looks like when it is fired in dimmed/darkened room or outside

this is not coming out of the actual gamma rifle but from a separate item.
i used to own a laser system and the beam was 5 times brighter than the picture
and yes it does burn plastic and wood
edit on 25-10-2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
"The explosive works by stimulating the release of energy from the nuclei of certain elements but does not involve nuclear fission or fusion. The energy, emitted as gamma radiation, is thousands of times greater than that from conventional chemical explosives.

The technology has already been included in the Department of Defense's Militarily Critical Technologies List, which says: "Such extraordinary energy density has the potential to revolutionise all aspects of warfare."

www.newscientist.com...

We know they got plenty of toys with there magic budgets that leave no paper trial.

we find out about these toys usually when they test them out in wars , or info gets leaked out.

im sure there are so many they got , hollywood couldn't even think of lol

but were the pawns were last to know and first test on

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
my 300mw green is very similiar to the picture, except the beam on mine is pin pointed to 5km. For a beam of energy to simply have enough power to be seen is a amazing. But real world lasers for military purpose will be high powered IR lasers at like gigawatts or some huge power scale.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

some people are still asleep dude.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh for sure. The ammount of suppressed technology we possess is far greater than you would imagine.
Speaking of which, weaponry or such isin't the necessary technology we are in need of today.
We're talking about something of more importance like free energy and water purification.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
my 300mw green is very similiar to the picture, except the beam on mine is pin pointed to 5km. For a beam of energy to simply have enough power to be seen is a amazing. But real world lasers for military purpose will be high powered IR lasers at like gigawatts or some huge power scale.

1.21 JIGGAWATTS!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I do believe it already exists, or is at least a precursor to what is coming. Since they only reveal a little bit about what they have, I wonder about the things they don't tell us about.

www.bbc.co.uk...

A high-energy laser (HEL) fired from a US warship off the California coast has ignited a nearby boat. Video courtesy of the US Office of Naval Research. Continue reading the main story Related Stories Laser cannon set to blind pirates Anti-aircraft laser makes debut The US Navy has fired a laser gun from one of its ships for the first time. Researchers used the high-energy laser (HEL) to disable a boat by setting fire to its engines off the coast of California. Similar systems had previously been tested on land, but moist sea air presented an extra challenge as it reduces a beam's power. The navy said that ship-borne lasers could eventually be used to protect vessels from small attack boats. The US military has been experimenting with laser weapons since the 1970s. Early systems used large, chemical-based lasers which tended to produce dangerous waste gases. More recently, scientists have developed solid state lasers that combine large numbers of compact beam generators, similar to LEDs. HELs fire Laser on board US navy ship The US Navy system uses a Joint High Power Solid State Laser mounted on deck Until now, much of the development of HELs has focused on shooting down missiles or hitting land-based targets. The latest round of tests showed its wider possibilities, according to Peter Morrison from the Office of Naval Research. "This test provides an important data point as we move toward putting directed energy on warships. "There is still much work to do to make sure it's done safely and efficiently," he said. While a weaponised system would likely be restricted to military vessels, merchant shipping has also expressed an interest in laser technology. A gun which uses visible laser light to temporarily blind pirates was announced by BAE Systems in 2010. The technology is still being tested, ahead of a commercial launch.

heres another link about it
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 25-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I imagine there's quite a lot of technology that hasn't been declassified. Laser and plasma guns are probably two of said technologies.

i cannot find an article about this.. but a TV show i remember watching

But this statement sort of discredits your entire argument.
I remember seeing it on TV is terrible proof. For one, 95% of what you see on TV is fake and untrue. Without being able to cite what TV show it was, and when it aired, you should've just let that part off.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi guys, they have them have fired them successfully and will continue to make the package smaller as the battery systems get more efficient and powerful. here are some links for you

www.airforcetimes.com...

www.wired.com...

And so we have Freaking Lasers!
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i'm figuring out a way to facilitate the easy manufacture of energy weapons such as described,
actually, it would fire supercharged super heated balls of gas, or in an almost fluid state,
if any would like to discuss this with me feel free to pm me,
it's not outlandish, and tesla figured alot of things we'd have if we had a pole shift, and are they ever amazing, and classified and stolen, but he got it all from ancient technology as found in the Mahabharata

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
they wont be bringing those out on mass usage until the "I dont wanna listen" happens
I think they exist also NOW.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

Everybody knows that. The only problem being that you can never predict where lightening is going to strike. What a useless system.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I've been thinking about some kind of plasma gun. Since a laser ionizes the air, that is a plasma and will be highly conductive, and then you could send a huge jolt of electricity down it. Should be able to do it with a CD player laser and a stun gun.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They had lasers over a decade ago, I believe there was a UN mandate saying that they could not be used to to the risk to innocents and that it was not humane or something of that nature. Actually read an article on it in scientific american years ago.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fishman1985

its not a laser, its gamma radiation
dude...they have laser weapons that everyone knows about which can destroy a tactical missile from a mile away
look up Military laser weapon

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Gamma rays pass through anything. Certainly not fry the brain from the inside out...they will pass THROUGH it and fry it. They then continue straight ahead through everthing.

And the laser guns have been around since the fun-house "Laser-tag" places you can go to and play with your firends. You think the militaries havent weaponized them? A long time ago. And the Air Force has one fitted on the nose cone of a Super Airliner to shoot down missles. That too has been around.
edit on 26-10-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well i do know laser weaponry has been in development since 2009 or 2010.
But how would we collect plasma to make weapons, even storing plasma ?!?
It's crazy how much stuff the goverment don't tell us but sheesh, im not sure about plasma

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienLife

The thing with plasma is , it does not need to be stored. All plasma is , is a word which describes a state of matter. I would have thought that a plasma weapon, would be one that uses some sort of artificial inducement, which CAUSES regular matter between the weapon and the target to BECOME plasma. Of course to make this happen , in a controlled fashion, and to have it occur within a narrowly defined area (say a straight line for instance) might be tricky .

To control matter which is in a plasma state, it is often encapsulated within an apperatus of some sort, like a confinement chamber of sorts. The thickness of such is dictated by the elements involved, and the strength of the heat given off by the reaction they are involved with.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Honestly Laser rifles are a stupid concept. You have to haul around a battery and they give away you're position via bright lights. In less its an invisible laser

Either way I don't see standard infantry weaponry(The firearm) going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Hafnium isotope isomer bomb under development is not explosively driven it is electrically driven. The article linked above in the thread that discusses an explosive driven system is in error or is deliberately obfuscating the truth. The Hafnium is only available in tiny amounts at present. They use it very sparingly actually sputtering the material onto a mica target crystal just a few molecules thick. In the bomb the Hafnium / Mica wafer is placed in front of an x-ray tube and the tube is powered by a super-cap which delivers about 5kW of x-ray energy onto the Hf 178m2 isomer coated mica window. This produces a gamma ray pulse of about 50mJ. Which is enough energy to kill every living thing within about a 50 meter area. It will badly damage every living thing with about 200 meters.

The direction of the gamma pulse can be controlled. The military envisions using these on UAVs flying over an enemy ship or compound. They drop the bomb it opens a para-sail and drifts over the target and triggers the burst which lasts for about 2-3 seconds. The bomb is recovered and reloaded. If it is shot down before it triggers then it can produce radioactive fallout. If it detonates then it pretty much releases most of the gamma energy all at once leaving little fallout.

This weapon is the only practical design they have come up with yet. They will likely develop larger or smaller units. Perhaps one as small as a 40mm grenade for firing into a hardened bunker to destroy the occupants.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join