It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Committee Recommends Boys Receive HPV Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
CDC Committee Recommends Boys Receive HPV Vaccine

Just this morning a CDC committe voted in favor of recommending that boys be vaccinated against the HPV virus.

A federal government advisory committee voted Tuesday to recommend that boys and young men, from ages 11 to 21, be vaccinated against the human papilloma virus, commonly referred to as HPV.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices says the vaccine series can be started as early as age 9.

Twelve members of the committee voted in favor of a recommendation that 11- and 12-year-old boys be vaccinated; one member abstained

I'm a little torn about this. One the one hand, we know that HPV causes a lot of future issues in women, including cancers and future fertility issues. And according to the article, it has now been implicated in possibly causing issues in men as well. Many times, men can be asymptomatic and can inadvertently transfer HPV to their mates...but this is true of many other STDs and also the reverse can be true.

The main issue that I have is that they are recommending this for children that are 9 years old. This report also says that they voted for males between the ages of 13 and 21.

A separate vote involving males age 13 to 21 was split. Eight voted for it; five voted against, and one abstained. The same recommendation said males age 22 through 26 may be vaccinated.

Why are they more in favor of vaccinating young boys over boys/men that are more likely to be sexually active? You would think the results would have been the other way around. Thoughts?
edit on 25-10-2011 by Abrihetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

The people at the CDC must be high on something or someone bought them out. Merck, cough cough. The HPV vaccination should be banned in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

Have you read Children of Men? The author never says how mankind became infertile. If you ask me, this is a really good start for such a scenario.

I feel bad for us. We really are failures when we can't even get sick anymore, let alone die. We have a seriously unhealthy fear of Nature.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.wartcream.com...

This wart cream is far more reliable than any HPV vaccination. It really does work.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
www.wartcream.com...

This wart cream is far more reliable than any HPV vaccination. It really does work.

And I'm sure its effects have been peer reviewed and well documented by reputable sources right? Oh wait, nevermind, it's just another 21st century equivalent of snakeoil.

The advantage in vaccinating of vaccinating for HPV is two-fold=>
A. It creates selective pressure on the virus to become a less virulent form/harmful form because only those strains which leave people healthier for longer will have a chance of spreading when the percentage of susceptible hosts in the population decrease and...
B. It can eliminate HPV completely if the R0 value is lowered below 1 for long enough, HPV is a good candidate for disease eradication because like smallpox it has no animal reservoirs.

Of course, no one is going to address these issues, as per usual. They will just continue preaching to the choir with their fear-mongering and psuedoscience despite evidence to the contrary...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42

www.wartcream.com...

And I'm sure its effects have been peer reviewed and well documented by reputable sources right? Oh wait, nevermind, it's just another 21st century equivalent of snakeoil.

A. It creates selective pressure on the virus to become a less virulent form/harmful form because only those strains which leave people healthier for longer will have a chance of spreading when the percentage of susceptible hosts in the population decrease and...
B. It can eliminate HPV completely if the R0 value is lowered below 1 for long enough, HPV is a good candidate for disease eradication because like smallpox it has no animal reservoirs.

Of course, no one is going to address these issues, as per usual. They will just continue preaching to the choir with their fear-mongering and psuedoscience despite evidence to the contrary...

There is very little evidence that The vaccine even works on males... this IS the test.

The CDC is doing this because Merck need real time trials, and they have bought the CDC.

They are using our children as guinea pigs.
Read the available data on guardisil use in young males and it's lack of effectiveness thus far.

knowledge is power.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
edit on 25-10-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
Here is a great thread about Gardasil vaccines and how they were found to be contaminated with recombinant DNA:

ATS

I don't want it for my girls and I definitely don't want it for my son. I don't trust it at all. A friend's daughter got very sick after taking that shot. Repeated tests and hospital visits sick.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

I used the cream, it works better than any prescription cream. Are you a Merck mouth piece?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

I think we're working with incomplete information on why they voted for one age group vs another. Perhaps the vaccine is more effective at one age?

No it should not be a required vaccine but I see no reason why they can't strongly recommend it. I am one of the unfortunate ones who has pre-cancer cells due to HPV. I found this out almost 10 years ago before HPV was even a pharmacuetical commercial. From what I understand, there's no way to even know when I picked it up. I could've been exposed the very first time I had sex, became a carrier, and passed it on to every partner after that.

If even one woman might be dying of cancer right now because I didn't know, because it was dormant, because there was no way to do a pre-emptive strike - because NO ONE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT IT.......

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

1 out of 3 girls in college have HPV.

2nd.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

sorry to leave that way

yes I know, you're right

it was one thing though when all it caused was some embarrassing bumps - but now that we know its causing cancer (which knock on wood, I don't have yet) - Why wouldn't we get a vaccine?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

There are over 200 types of HPV. The vaccination only handles like 4 of those. Also, the HPV vaccination is not safe. Lastly, the best way to prevent HPV is abstinence.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

You're absolutely correct again. Even preaching to the choir

The only types the vaccine need to deal with are the ones that cause cancer.
The rest are just a nuisance to the vain.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

www.wartcream.com...

Man, those high of their own supply should get their heads out of their butts promptly.
Google Gardasil lawsuits nationwide and find out how many cases came from vaccination deaths of the young women that were made by mandate to take this vaccine. Now have you ever tried the cream, Mr. Snakeoil sales person? The cream has killed no one.

CDC & Gardasil Deaths
edit on 25-10-2011 by DaWhiz because: CDC link to them knowing it causes deaths.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No way in hell im vaccinating my two little boys with that. I can definitely see that Children of Men scenario playing out in the distant future with all the side effects that this vaccine causes.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This madness has got to stop, and I mean that very much here.
They are dictating to whom they please to take this jab or else.
No jab no school, no jab no job, no jab no ...............fill in the blank as you like.
Crazy times are here to stay it looks like.
Thanks to the OP for the heads up, S&F
Canada here but what happens South of us has a nasty habit of going North of the Border here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

www.wartcream.com...

Man, those high of their own supply should get their heads out of their butts promptly.
Google Gardasil lawsuits nationwide and find out how many cases came from vaccination deaths of the young women that were made by mandate to take this vaccine. Now have you ever tried the cream, Mr. Snakeoil sales person? The cream has killed no one.

CDC & Gardasil Deaths
edit on 25-10-2011 by DaWhiz because: CDC link to them knowing it causes deaths.

There`s no evidence to suggest it treats HPV either... Vaccines cause reactions, sometimes fatal ones. The earliest forms of vaccination, "variolation" for the smallpox vaccine resulted in a 1-3% death rate. Vaccination derived from the cowpox vaccine was better, but not perfect. They're a calculated risk, and the lawsuits are evidence of that. That doesn't mean you should dismiss useful vaccines off hand, smallpox was eliminated due to a vaccine shown to be more dangerous than the HPV vaccine.

My points still haven't been addressed, how do you justify disuse of the vaccine with the potential for lowering R0 values to eradication levels and decreasing disease virulence?

edit on 25-10-2011 by Tetrarch42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There are over 200 types of HPV. The vaccination only handles like 4 of those. Also, the HPV vaccination is not safe. Lastly, the best way to prevent HPV is abstinence.

Those 4 are responsible for a large percentage of infections, or do you somehow believe that infection rates are perfectly distributed among HPV strains? Please provide evidence that the HPV vaccine is unsafe, I know it has had some adverse reaction, like every vaccine. Your advice is abstinence, well that makes sense, all we need to do is make sure on one has sex... oh wait, that's a terrible idea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join