It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator McCain calls for military intervention in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

DAMASCUS: U.S. Senator John McCain proposed a military intervention to protect civilians in Syria now that NATO’s operations in Libya are almost completed. “Now that military operations in Libya are ending, there will be renewed focus on what practical military operations might be considered to protect civilian lives in Syria,” McCain said addressing the World Economic Forum in Jordan on Sunday. He said that the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad “should not consider that it can get away with mass murder,” adding that the late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi “made that mistake and it cost him everything.” Gaddafi was captured and killed last week by forces loyal to the new government of Libya. McCain, who is the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, did not specify whether he meant the U.S. or NATO presence in Syria.

Source

Well one leader down next to go huh?

It seems the global elite are just trudging through countries one at a time. It seems like the NWO might not be as far away as we think.

More information here -
dailycaller.com...

Best part of the second article is -

McCain added, “Iran’s rulers would be wise to heed a similar counsel.”

What a joke, goddamn americans!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Go for it McCain....except this time Russia and China aren't going to stand for it.

"mass murder" good one McCain.......take a look at the new Libyan leaders. I don't think you're done there if your mandate is still to "protect civilians"

This man sickens me.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I'm an american, and I do not sanction this or almost any other actions of our current foreign policy.

Let's tone down the generalizations as they are rarely fair or applicable. Mccain's an idiot, and those who think the US needs to stick their nose into everything around the world do enough harm on their own without people condemning everyone who lives in this country by apparently not realizing that some of us care and are trying to get these jokers out of power and end the insanity.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
See the Brookings Institute document "Which Path To Persia" in which they lay out which countries to take down and in what order.

www.brookings.edu...

Senator McCain is one hawk who needs to be put back into the tiger cage. It is a time-worn strategy of countries who are going broke, and its citizens ready to riot, to start a war. In this case, we have been at war for so long it means nothing. The USA is drone bombing around 6 countries right now. Our government has gone rogue and no longer operates in the interest of its constituents. I hate to say it, but our government is like a rabid dog which will not stop unless it is put down.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I'm american to bud, just throwing in some sarcasm!

Its shameful that these people give us a bad rep around the world, but its all part of the agenda. Make the people hate the west, change the west, take over the west again. Problem, Action, Solution.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Go for it McCain....except this time Russia and China aren't going to stand for it.

"mass murder" good one McCain.......take a look at the new Libyan leaders. I don't think you're done there if your mandate is still to "protect civilians"

This man sickens me.

The Russians didnt care when Israel destoyed Syrian air defenses and the Syrian Airforce in 82, why would they care now?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Ah, my apologies in that case - and agreed. I've just seen that sentiment expressed too often, and always drives me bonkers.

Thanks for clarifying. Where's the legislation to put anyone pushing for military intervention without clear and present danger on the front lines, already? You want to serve your country and think this is so necessary? Go get 'em, boys!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is only my opinion mind you but I used to respect McCain. I voted for him in 00 over Bush. Since then though I have watched him vacilate from this to that and back again. I think his brains have just slowly dribbled out of his ears when he sleeps and all that's left inside now is the echo of an empty chamber" I'm John McCain and I ran for president of the United States.I'm John McCain and I ran for president of the United States.I'm John McCain and I ran for president of the United Statessssssssssssss.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

This man sickens me.

The Russians didnt care when Israel destoyed Syrian air defenses and the Syrian Airforce in 82, why would they care now?

well now bad ass putin is in charge

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That Lortab addiction really seems to be messing with McCain's head. What a feeble excuse for manhood he has turned out to be after all is said & done.

How are these epically unaware political sociopaths created? Can someone hit him with a pie or something?

That pie gag gets me every time: I prefer a little humor as I watch my country go down the drain of super power's gone wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
That Lortab addiction really seems to be messing with McCain's head. What a feeble excuse for manhood he has turned out to be after all is said & done.

How are these epically unaware political sociopaths created? Can someone hit him with a pie or something?

That pie gag gets me every time: I prefer a little humor as I watch my country go down the drain of super power's gone wrong.

Or maybe its that damn borg implant in his jaw that makes him sociopathic?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

This man sickens me.

well now bad ass putin is in charge

Putin is no more hard core than Brezhnev was in 82, and he had a larger military and defense budget. Also, some reports state that Russia faces huge problems in moving troops. Conceivably they could send in their airforce to Syrian airfields, but even if they did, they probably would not even out number the Israeli Airforce.

Russia would likely only issue threats, and its only quick reaction would be the nuke option, because they are unable to send an expeditionary force. Would they really even bother to threaten nukes over Syria?

So, needless to say, I do not see the Russians being a problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Where are you guys getting the notion that the Russians couldn't field a proper team?
I'm not saying the are going to intervene, but there is no doubt that they they could do so if needed.

EDIT: John McCain is a useless old man and no-one will listen to him anyway.

edit on 25-10-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.iiss.org...
And many others that I dont have time to find now.
I remember reading that it would take weeks to move a division across Russia, much less other countries. When did Russia last deploy a major force anywhere? They lucked out in Georgia, having everything close by, but had there been calls for reinforcements, it would have taken a long time for them to get there.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think McCain's handlers are not amused. Too much too fast. The elite have not finished trying to tame down
The Russians or the Chinese.
This insanity will get a lot of visitors from the east. As well they are getting angered The greedmongers do not realize that China and Russia are also in need of oil and they will not buy from the cronies.

Wait we may see China and others also 'liberating 'the US from oppressors of course as the world is today it will not be called a war, but a humanitarian Spanking.
Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ionsoul

John McCain has been pushing for conflict with Russia the same way George did. The reason is nuclear weapons. Bush started on wanting mini nukes as soon as he got into office. His first state of the union speech talks about wanting mini nukes to attack Al Qaeda and the reason he wanted conflict with Russia is because the treaty with Russia on arms reduction prevents the building of new Nukes. Bush pushed for new nuke programs monthly to Congress and they allways shut him down on it because of the treaty with Russia.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Who do you think is more responsible for China's current position of power? Syria or the U.S.? If the U.S. attacked Syria, do you really think China would intervene?

Two reasons the Chinese will not intervene. One, the U.S. is the reason China is so wealthy today. Without the U.S. China's already fragile economy would collapse. China doesn't need this at the moment. The construction projects they have going on and other financial ventures is due to U.S. supply of money. If that money was to cease coming in, this would cause the Chinese to go belly up in debt.

Two, the Chinese know of that a hyena doesn't not jump on an awake powerful Lion to fight. The hyena carefully watches that lion for some time. When the lion has gone awhile without food the hyena gets ready. Once the Lion lays down is when the hyena pounces. They would fight the U.S. through a N.Korean proxy or other proxies before they were to pounce. Syria is not that proxy. An air campaign and a few thousand ground troops would be enough to quell Syria.

But reason two wouldn't happen until after reason one dissolved. Reason one is still far from dissolving. I know China and Russia may throw a few warnings around here and there, and honestly it's expected. When the people of this earth see the U.S. for being number 1 for so many years, starting wars, etc etc. People start feeling hopeless. But then we they see a country like China on the rise it gives people hope. China knows they're on the way to superpower status. They know what comes with the territory. People are looking for them to put the U.S. it's in place. If China turns around and says nothing, people won't put their faith in China. So of course China is going to throw a few warnings around ever so often. Put none of these warnings are usually from the rulers of that country. It comes from other officials in a huge gov't. You never know what is really being planned and devised behind closed doors.

You never know, China may secretly want the U.S. to take out Iran. Could be a way of paying off debt. They might could even work out a better deal with oil sales between them two if the U.S. is in charge. Could be none of that. Could be that China isn't as powerful as everyone thinks. In 2065 1/3 of China's massive population will be 60-75. With the one child policy still in effect, they will dwindle down to a country of about 500-600 million in the next 100 years.

The u.s. could have been the worlds superpower way before it was. Fact is, it didn't want the job. After WWII the U.S. had little choice. I promise you, China isn't as big and bad as the image in peoples minds. They may have accumulated some wealth, but they have a lot more work to do. That wealth also is because of the U.S.
edit on 25-10-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The Russians may well issue some threats and such, but they won't actually do anything to protect Syria in terms of direct military assistance. The Russians don't care anything for Syria or any of these other two-bit dictatorships in the Middle East other than how they can manipulate them into being a thorn in NATO's side.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Do you have any idea the size of the Russian emigration to Israel in the 80s?
Every second person appeared to be Russian

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

And yet Russia armed all of Israels enemies.

top topics

join