It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions. REFUSES deportation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I would not blame the bait shop owner as there are many illegals that have very high quality fake green cards and other work papers. Until you hear the true facts of the story its just a story that may or may not be true.

Seldom does the true and complete story come out in the media.

I know as i have seen some of the papers that are out there like drivers licenses and birth certificates that you can not tell from the real thing.

This may just be a case of a Workman's comp insurance company that is using a loophole to get around paying a claim. it happens all the time here in Calif and there are lawyers that have made a practice from these type claims.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I would not blame the bait shop owner as there are many illegals that have very high quality fake green cards

When was the last time you held a green card in your hands? There are so many damn holographic features on this thing that it would take a fully equipped lab manned by extraterrestrials to reproduce that.

edit on 25-10-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I agree, he's an illegal and should be deported.

But the employer should have to pay his medical bills, even in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

People do it all the time. It's called "medical tourism". Just use some Google-fu and you can find your own sources. In Mexico city you can pay the nominal tax of 250 bucks and be covered for the year. It's not part of the OP's problem but I just wanted to point you in that direction because it is quite the phenomenon lately.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
And why would it ever cross my mind that they wouldn't deserve medical treatment if they got hurt?

There is a difference between "treatment" and life long disability care.
Do you see?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

People do it all the time. It's called "medical tourism". Just use some Google-fu and you can find your own sources. In Mexico city you can pay the nominal tax of 250 bucks and be covered for the year. It's not part of the OP's problem but I just wanted to point you in that direction because it is quite the phenomenon lately.

Good news, my friend! So that person would do well to return to this country that provides such immensely affordable care, don't you think

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Good news, my friend! So that person would do well to return to this country that provides such immensely affordable care, don't you think

Oh, I agree completely. He's not staying because of our care, he's staying because he has a wife and child here. I'm sure there's a reason keeping them here. Hopefully that will change. If he needs life-long medical treatment, he (and the tax payers) would be better off if he went. I don't disagree with that. It's the cruel dialog and sentiments from several on here that I disagree with. We shouldn't be acting like that. Ever.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Oh, I agree completely. He's not staying because of our care, he's staying because he has a wife and child here. I'm sure there's a reason keeping them here. Hopefully that will change. If he needs life-long medical treatment, he (and the tax payers) would be better off if he went. I don't disagree with that. It's the cruel dialog and sentiments from several on here that I disagree with. We shouldn't be acting like that. Ever.

"hopefully that will change"? Do you understand what you just wrote?

Why should ANYONE be allowed to stay in the US because they had a common-law spouse or any sort of spouse? Without properly filing the paperwork, no seriously, why? Why do all others have to wait in line and he gets so much slack, according to you?

I've known US citizens that were separated from their spouses for a while, because such were regulations and there were lengthy periods of wait. It's very tough, and I'm not saying that's a particularly nice thing to do to them, but they knew what they were getting into from the start. And all turned out OK.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
If the illegals in this country would expend only HALF the energy that they exert here always trying to "trick" and "milk" our system (and taxpayers), and use that effort towards something GOOD and WORTHY like going BACK to places like Mexico and IMPROVING that mess of a country, than they would have turned the whole country around already into a great place to live and work.

But they will use up all of their energy here milking and conning our system and working for low-end jobs that our recently graduated children could be working . All that hard work which, in the end, rewards them with ZERO respect, or self pride for their people or native country.

Brainless fools.
edit on 25-10-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

You are so very right! The country of Mexico has about everything anyone could ask for yet their citizens have to leave to gain a better living standard. Surely if all the ones in US now headed home and put all the knowledge they gained here to use they could improve their own country.
Many that go home to villages with no plumbing put in septic and pluming for water as they learned to do here. this could be done with agriculture and just about everything. if their government is holding them back time to overthrow them!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The illegals are a mere drop in the bucket, it's the LEGAL immigration that is killing you. Since the Immigration Reform Act in 65, when they decided to suddenly allow TEN TIMES the previous amount of immigration. From 165,000 per year to 1.6 MILLION PER YEAR. That was forty five years ago. Do the math. That's SEVENTY TWO MILLION immigrants, into a country of less than two hundred million. And ninety five percent of them come from just one country. Hmm. Add in the children and even grandchildren they have produced by now. Mexicans tend to have lots of kids. What's the US population now? Mexico's population has grown by 40 million in the same time frame. Think about it.

I'm American, but I actually LIVE IN MEXICO. If I did not have the proper papers, I could NOT get any kind of job. No one would hire illegally, because if they get caught for even ONE illegal worker, they would be SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY, and face huge fines. IF they had this kind of enforcement in the US, there would be NO ILLEGALS. They only go up there because they know they can get a job. You don't see too many gringos going to Mexico thinking they could somehow make more money, do you? Also, the Mexican government limits immigration to mere thousands per year. Not MILLIONS. Funny, huh? If there were no jobs, there would be no illegals, period.

Both governments are in on it. In the farmland down here, they have for years been encouraging schoolkids to go to the land of milk and honey. They are taught they have pretty much the God given RIGHT to go to the US and make money. Then, when all the kids leave the farm and head north, Monsanto comes in and buys up the farmland. Oh yeah, the main idea on this end is to drive the farmers off their land. Betcha don't know what the largest part of the Mexican economy is? Oil? Tourism? Nope. Remittances sent home from the US. That is the LARGEST PART OF THE MEXICAN ECONOMY. Think about that for a minute. s

And all you bleeding hearts claiming all immigrants are fleeing from war and terror: you've obviously never left the US. Probably never left your own state. Some come from war zones, not many. 95 percent are from Mexico. Mexico is fine. There is no war going on here, duh. There are not gunfights in the streets every day like the crazy US media hype. That's cause they want to keep those tourist dollars at home. Sure, there is narcotrafficking, and they kill people, but it's nothing compared to murder rates in the US. Not even close.

I like it here. I live here by choice. Other than the hurricane bearing down on me I have no problems. There is really no reason for all these Mexicans to flood into the US. They are told to do it, in their govt indoctrination centers. I mean schools. And by the media. Knowing they can make ten times the money up there, and then come back and live like a king. And knowing they WILL get a job no problem. Rather than being taught that if they stayed here and busted ass they could also make more money and improve their community.

If this type of thing happened here, the bait shop owner would have to pay everything and support this guy the rest of his life. If they deport him back to here, they WILL take care of him. They have near free medical care here for everyone. I know because my wife is a doctor. She does not make the US avg doctor's income of 800 grand, because the healthcare is not about raping everyone in every way possible. This guy will absolutely be taken care of here.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As I read this thread, I see good points from both sides. I believe we should have empathy for our fellow humans, however, at whose expense? Should I forsake my fellow citizens for the benefit of those who came here illegally? Should American citizens be put on a waiting list for medical care, while illegal immigrants are afforded medical care ahead of them with no strings attached? I think not.

My wife and I are taking care of 5 of our grandchildren. Because they are in our custody, they are not eligible for Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, or even reduced lunches at school. They are not eligible to be put on either of our insurance plans due to them being placed in our home by CPS, not the courts. Anyone wanna guess what the medical and dental expenses are for twins who are 6 mos, and three girls aged 9, 7, and 5? School lunches, clothes, light jackets, winter jackets, shoes, and on and on.

Wheres the empathy for citizens who do this all the time, and face the same situations as we do? All to keep the family together. If we had allowed them to be placed in foster care, the foster parents would have immediately been given $1000 per child to assist with transition into the family, plus being eligible for all the benefits we are not eligible for. Must be why CPS tries so hard to place children with family rather than foster care.

So today, I take the twins for six month checkup. I have to pay up front for services. I sit down to wait my turn, and in walks a man and his wife, 4 kids, and the grandmother. The receptionist asks them a question, and Lo and Behold, not a one speaks English. A translator has to be called, and they are told they have paperwork to fill out. The forms are in English and Spanish, but again, not a one reads Spanish. The translator has to sit with them while she fills out forms for 4 kids. When done, the translator goes back to her duties. The receptionist needs their Medicaid cards, and asks "Medicaid cards"? The mother jumps up and says" Medicaid cards, Social Security Cards are in envelope". Very broken English, but they could suddenly communicate.

I doubt they crossed the border legally, but they are eligible for benefits we as citizens are denied. Empathy? Ain't got none. I'm all tapped out.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by ladyteeny

How about some empathy for those of us who cannot afford health insurance being forced to subsidize illegals like this? Send his a** home.

i have empathy for you too, if i lived in the usa i wouldn't be able to afford it either. that doesn't make it right.... you SHOULD have free healthcare, everybody should as far as i'm concerned.

but why should he be taken from his family and relocated? if you moved to australia, fell in love and then had a child but also a devastating accident while supporting your family, would you want to be deported unceremoniously like that? i think not.

100% agreed. Some people want to be free of tyranny, but have all the hate and pain programs deeply instilled. They're a family.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Let's say we cut Medicaid finding in half and use the funds to build state of the art medical service in Somalia.

What's the difference?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

My mom came from just such a place. She came here legally and respected her new home country. The day that she received her citizenship was the proudest day of her life-yes, probably over the birth of her child. She was grateful to the US until the day she died. As bad as her life was (and trust me it was beyond horror) she came here legally, waiting for years with little more than a dream to sustain her. My mom overcame huge obstacles in her own country to make enough money to travel the thousands of miles to immigrate. She learned to read and write and speak English on her own and she worked everyday of her life, voted in all elections, volunteered in the community and became active in her Church. This despite the severe discrimination of the sixties. I would like to say that this ends with everyone happy but in the end my mom never overcame the hatred that the 'white' Americans barely hid from her, she realized that her dream of a better life had another side to it. Sad. I remember her telling me, "At least you will never know what it is like to live like I had to. At least I could give you that." Few Americans can appreciate what the US symbolizes (or at least used to) to the rest of the world. We have an obligation to uphold the values this country was founded on because it means so much to so many. For some it is just knowing that somewhere in the world people live free. For some like my mom, the US is what kept her going when she thought she couldn't go on another day.

I guess all this sneakery, night border crossings and such make a mockery of the sacrifices that people like my mother made to immigrate legally. The fact that most of the illegals in this country have no interest in becoming citizens bothers me a lot. If you don't want to be an American then why are you here?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marzabeth
Few Americans can appreciate what the US symbolizes (or at least used to) to the rest of the world. We have an obligation to uphold the values this country was founded on because it means so much to so many. For some it is just knowing that somewhere in the world people live free. For some like my mom, the US is what kept her going when she thought she couldn't go on another day.

I guess all this sneakery, night border crossings and such make a mockery of the sacrifices that people like my mother made to immigrate legally. The fact that most of the illegals in this country have no interest in becoming citizens bothers me a lot. If you don't want to be an American then why are you here?

As an immigrant myself, I very much empathize which what you said. I'm sorry for you mother having to go through so much hardship, but for that same reason I support your feelings.

The downfall of this country is that people started taking so much for granted, and don't care much about basic stuff such as securing borders and following the law.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If I moved to Australia, I would do so legally.

You would not if you were born in South or Central America. You'd still sitting in a slump trying to figure out how to cross the border to the US

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
People have to understand that so very many United States citizens are not getting the help that illegals are getting. Understandably, they are resentful of a foreigner being placed ahead of the line while they get shoved aside. What a slap in the face to these citizens. How are they supposed to feel about this? How many of our citizens have to decide between life saving medicines or food? How many are falling through the cracks so that an illegal can have all his needs met? How anyone can see this as ok is beyond me. It is not ok.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by windlass34

If I moved to Australia, I would do so legally.

You would not if you were born in South or Central America. You'd still sitting in a slump trying to figure out how to cross the border to the US

What about all our poor people living in tent cities even in the coldest months? I'm sure they would like to go somewhere and demand that all their needs are taken care of too, but they don't.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
The bait shop owner should be forced to pay for every penny of the medical costs up to this point, and NO bankruptcy protections. Maybe make him think twice before he hires illegal invaders instead of a U.S. citizen. Make the employer LOSE every penny that they thought they were going to save!!! Then, dump the cripple at the gates to Tijuana and send him home for his government to take care of him for the rest of his life.

I would tend to agree with what you're saying, but you said it in such a crude way.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There are a lot of bleeding hearts on this site for different causes, Qaddafi and OWS in recent memory. After reading the first page of replies, I'm glad to see people on this site are still callous and bigoted towards something. Too much touchy-feely equality makes me sick.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join