It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed illegal costs taxpayers millions. REFUSES deportation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Let's put it simple (again). Give me your address. I'll come and move in, eat your food, sleep in your bed. YOU can pay MY expenses. That's fair, right? I didn't think so. Until you PM me your address and start paying my bills, then you're just full of hot air. Period. Practice what you preach.
Bravo! 100 stars for you if I could.
How about another of you bleeding heart libs send me your address and I will do the same. Sleep in your bed, eat your food, run up your electric, let you pay my medical and school bills. Practice what you preach libs.

If you were sick, I wouldn't care who the hell you were; you would be able to sleep in my bed, eat my food, and I'd help you get on your feet. Not everybody is an evil prick and not being one doesn't relegate somebody to the category of "bleeding heart". Your way is dying and the practitioners of selfishness are dying along with it.

Good riddance.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Really? Because most of the posts on this thread are from people who are more upset at this guy and other illegal citizens just for being here then they are at the businesses devaluing their work.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Great! How about that address? Make sure you stock up on all my favorite foods. You have cable and internet? I will need your health insurance card to hit the hospitals. You want to just go ahead and stroke a check for my student loans?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Great! How about that address? Make sure you stock up on all my favorite foods. You have cable and internet? I will need your health insurance card to hit the hospitals. You want to just go ahead and stroke a check for my student loans?

Are you dying or are you just being an ass?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
He's paralyzed... he can't refuse hard... deport him anyway he won't fight back.

Sorry for that.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by spacekc929
Okay, well, I live in a college dorm.

That explains it all right there.

And until you start paying for something in life with money you earned by busting your butt, you'll never understand. Have them move in and take, and take and take. The schools in this area are having to lay off science and math teachers, but they're keeping the English as a Second Language teachers. And we'll wonder what happened when the kids get worse and worse in science and math. But hey, as long as the invaders are provided for, it just doesn't matter. Glad my son is graduated.

You assume that I do not work to pay my way through college, and that I don't get annoyed with taxes (I had to pay 100 dollars to the IRS in April because my tax situation was weird and I earned money without paying taxes on it over my last summer, which may not sound like a lot, but for a gal who makes 400 dollars a month, it really is). I do work for my money, and I watch my parents work for their money, and I do understanding the concept of paying for things, and also of not being able to get things that I want because I misspent my money or because I had to pay for more important things, such as my college degree.

But just because I work hard doesn't mean that I feel as if somehow I am entitled to that money. There are people in "3rd world" countries who are much more intelligent than me, who earn nothing. I got lucky, and my parents got lucky, to get born into a situation where the necessary infrastructure is available for us to succeed. Both my mom and my dad have very supportive families, both my mom and dad had two living parents their entire life, both my mom and dad got free education and my dad got cheap college education. My parents never had to fight off the police, my parents never had their houses bombed, I never had my house bombed. I don't even know what war is, and even though my parents were in the army, they do not know what it is like to be tortured as a civilian, to have attacks happening on the streets outside of their houses.

My entire point is that I am a really privileged and lucky individual. Even now when I have started paying for things with my own money, and I understand how irritating it is for the government to take money from me when I worked for it, I am an extremely fortunate person. Even when I have to give up a quarter of my paycheck to pay for extra taxes, I still have much more than many people on this earth. And you do too. You have a computer, for goodness sakes, and you have a job, and you have roads to drive on and you have choices. We are so extremely privileged to have what we have, it has nothing to do with our work ethic or our intelligence because there are people around the world who are exactly the same as me - the only sin they committed was daring to be born in El Salvador or Somalia instead of the great old USA. Nothing I have is because I earned it, it is because I am privileged enough to be given the chance to earn.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Really? Because most of the posts on this thread are from people who are more upset at this guy and other illegal citizens just for being here then they are at the businesses devaluing their work.

We need to attack this problem on multiple fronts. Businesses should be facing draconian fines and the owners/ceos should face serious prison time. Landlords should face confiscation of their property. The illegals should face confiscation of any and all goods/cash/possessions and be forever barred from legally immigrating. Law enforcement should be required to determine residency status when any kind of encounter takes place. Schools should end all ESL courses, and should be required to determine residency status. Hospitals should be permitted to determine residency status before treating. "Catch and release" should be ended; if a hearing is necessary they should be detained until the hearing but given the option of self repatriation if they do not want to sit in a detention center until then. "Anchor babies" are technically citizens so should be permitted to stay, but the families should still be deported. They may choose to take the children with them if they desire. The border fence should be completed and any "coyotes" caught should be "lojacked". End the income tax and institute the "fair tax" in it's place. That way, for the time it takes to eliminate illegal immigration, the illegals and other criminals would at least be contributing to the tax base.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by Cuervo

Nope, just want you to practice what you preach. Like the old saying goes.... Put up or; you know the rest.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Nope, just want you to practice what you preach. Like the old saying goes.... Put up or; you know the rest.

And I already said I would. What's your point? You rest in your selfishness by assuming others are just as greedy as you are and you call anybody else a "bleeding heart". Well, there are tons of people who would take in a sick person, regardless of his or her documents. I know that doesn't sit well with a lot of you because you have to finally admit that, yes, you are an element of evil in our society even if you can spout laws that justify it.

So what now? Are you really sick? I am serious.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And I already said I would. What's your point? You rest in your selfishness by assuming others are just as greedy as you are and you call anybody else a "bleeding heart". Well, there are tons of people who would take in a sick person, regardless of his or her documents. I know that doesn't sit well with a lot of you because you have to finally admit that, yes, you are an element of evil in our society even if you can spout laws that justify it.

Illegals don't generally sponge off us Americans because they are sick, they do it because they can. You say that is ok. So, I want to hop on the gravy train and sponge too. They come here and sponge free education, free medical, they steal our jobs. This is all ok to you. So, I want to go ahead and sponge off of you too since you say it is fine.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Illegals don't generally sponge off us Americans because they are sick, they do it because they can. You say that is ok. So, I want to hop on the gravy train and sponge too. They come here and sponge free education, free medical, they steal our jobs. This is all ok to you. So, I want to go ahead and sponge off of you too since you say it is fine.

Um... what? Now you are simply lying. I never said anything about anybody other than the paralyzed man in the OP. You are (again) trying to hide behind another issue in order to justify your heartlessness towards this ONE person. I never announced my stance on immigration as this isn't about immigration; it's about a paralyzed man who needs medical attention.

Good Lord, man... can't you guys see how blind you are?!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Abating "illegal" immigration, so called, is not in 'Americas interest' or else there would be occupaion troops there doing something about it.

Duh.

This is how the man wants it.. exploitable cheap labor... who sometimes get seriously hurt. You guys don't seriously expect the ones responsible for allowing "illegal" immigration, to pay for care?..lol thats what tax paying suckers are for.

Don't like it?.. vote for the other party..lol.. that'll make a difference.

In addition to "illegal", he's a father of 'American' kids and a human being living on the plant. Borders are imaginary lines drawn on a map by elitists used to protect business / tax interests and divide the conquered.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Um... what? Now you are simply lying. I never said anything about anybody other than the paralyzed man in the OP. You are (again) trying to hide behind another issue in order to justify your heartlessness towards this ONE person. I never announced my stance on immigration as this isn't about immigration; it's about a paralyzed man who needs medical attention.
This is entirely about immigration. Let his home nation take care of him. If he had not broken our laws, his injury would not have occurred.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

This is entirely about immigration. Let his home nation take care of him. If he had not broken our laws, his injury would not have occurred.

Since you want to make this about a pandemic healthcare/immigration issue...

Do you understand that we do that to Mexico all the time? "Illegal" Americans Ripping Off Mexican Tax Payers

If you get sick in Mexico, they don't deport you.

But I don't care as I'm still only talking about that one guy who needs medical attention.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by DarthMuerte

I could go with you on fining businesses and possibility of jail time if it could be proved they were hiring illegals as a way to save money. As far as punishing landlords I think that would be pointless. I mean these people would have to be paying rent there, property taxes are paid by the landlord with rental income so they would technically be paying into the community by renting. Plus I mean if they stayed at a homeless shelter it would have it shut down? I dont think anyone should be punished for providing a home.

Law enforcement should be able to determine residency status at any random encounter? Im sorry but this would obviously lead to racism. I mean the only people who most cops would suspect would be hispanics. End ESL classes in schools? Are you serious? Those classes are beneficial and crucial for a lot of children from other countries succeeding here. Plus a lot of immigrants here legally need that help so it wouldnt help the illegal problem.

Hospitals should determine residency before treatment? So everyone who is not a legal US citizen should just be allowed to die? Thats not only inhumane but against the hyppocratic oath. Completing the fence would solve nothing because noone can monitor the whole thing all the time.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There are several items here of interest in this article as it is published, and too many questions:

The first being what all was this person doing up on the roof of where he was working, and was he qualified to do any sort of repairs for the shop owner? Who is responsible for his injuries, and his medical expenses, the business owner or the tax payers and to what end will this impact the actual medical care in the USA? These are some of the questions that are just starting to come up and should be looked at.

The first one, we do not know his qualifications, or any of the information of what happened and what lead to his accident. However, based off of simple looking at those who work on roof tops and high places, was there safety equipment that was available for him to use, did he ask for said equipment or was it told to him that he needed to wear things like a harness and safety line to keep him from falling off of the roof? This is every essential to the next question as to who pays for his medical expenses. If his employer did provide and tell him that he needed to wear the safety equipment, and he choose not to, then it is his responsibility financially for all medical bills, not the states and not the tax payers or the business owner. Or if the business owner failed to provide the adequate safety equipment, then it falls to the business owner to provide is not a good majority of the costs, but all of the costs while he is going through all of his medical treatment.

This man is now paralyzed with a child and the question is to what to do with him, as he has become a liability to the United States of America, and thus having to live off of the people of this country. We can not be so cruel as to dump him, cause it is incontinent for us to continue to care for him, that is monstrous and inhumane, violating every sense of human rights and dignity, nor can this practice be allowed to continue as the local public hospitals are becoming overburdened with the costs of trying to provide care and keep with their mandate. Unfortunately, there is no easy solution on the part of either side, as this is just one example that will ultimately play into both sides of the immigration debate. One the side against illegal immigration, he will become a poster boy for them, a symbol of why we can not deport him back. On the flip side of the coin those against illegal immigration, they will use this as an excuse to prove and show how illegal immigration is a burden to society.

The problem is that there is no easy solution and ultimately the cost is something that the US can not afford, and the people are not so willing to pay or want to pay. The country is tired, and ultimately this will only go badly for all those involved and those not involved. While this may yet have some good come out of it, it will go badly for those who rely on the public hospitals for medical treatment, as they are starting to get overburdened by the number of increasing cases of both those who are citizens and those who are not citizens and an every shrinking budget. Many decisions will be forced to made, and the question will ultimately boil down to a matter as to who is priority in many cases and who is not, who gets the care or the medicine and who will not and what will be the long term consequences of those decisions and actions.

While the country frets over the death panels in the new Obama healthcare law, this is one where we may have to fret over panels who may ultimately have to decide who can get health care at public hospitals and what kinds of care they can receive, along with how much they are able to.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I have an idea! Why don't you just take him to the woods and shoot him? After all, he's not quite as human as you are. By God, why should he get to breathe the same air as you?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I hate crap like this. I constantly tell everyone around me that I am not racist, however I do believe that if your not a citizen of our country then get the hell out. And who are these people expecting us to pay for them? How does an illegal benefit me? All they seem to have done in my life is affect it negatively by "stealing" a crap load of work from me. I understand that their situation is bad in Mexico, but I think that with them coming over here illegally and working tax free, sending most of their money back home, I have a right as a citizen to call them one of the top reasons our economy is failing.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronfairness
How does an illegal benefit me?

If that isn't the summary of the exact type of sentiment that is destroying our nation, I don't know what is. I'd take an "illegal" immigrant any day over somebody with your backwards self-centered attitude. An "illegal" immigrant represents the spirit of our nation more than your xenophobic rantings ever could.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

hmm lets see location florida
Muerte means death in spanish

acaso no llegaste en balsa de cuba, amiguito, o tus padres?
que liiindo mi'jito, siempre habla el que menos puede. :shk:

on topic i used to feel the same re immigration as many of the ugly and brainless americans claiming martinez broke the law but say nothing about the fatcats that hire illegals,and driving wages down, "oh those illegals iz takin our jobs!" [no idiot, those who outsourced the jobs to india, china, or the 3rd world took your jobs] but i've observed over decades that the hard working decent people who keep out of trouble and try to do things legally, eventually saving up and trying to get nationalized at least are the ones who always get screwed, who gets to stay and prosper, the crooks, the grifters and the dirtbags who are only here to save up enough to retire on and go back home to live like rich people in their native lands, those always get to stay. like a despicable woman well known in my neighborhood: she came here illegally, and has been living off the blood and sweat of her own illegal brethren, she's got a chain of restaurants and real estate investments: buys up messed up houses and sets illegals to fix em up so she can sell them at a profit,
and it's a big profit when you pay your employees with only food [probably leftovers from restaurant] and a place to sleep,

again

those who tried to follow the rules got screwed but scum like the above get to stay and prosper and no doubt pay off the right people to continue to due so

this guy was working for a living, what's his criminal record? none? maybe a small misdemeanor or two?

then i vote he stays.

boss who hired him has to pay.
edit on 25-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join