It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Supreme Court has Ruled

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Has the Supreme Court ever heard of the "Sheriff of Naughtingham?"
Sherwood Forest?

How about "Walking Tall"? I like the vigilante baseball bat motif personally, but don't you think that being TOO States Rights -- or in this case; "Every county a fiefdom" is rife with danger in that someone just going on vacation could end up being in a stockade for having their woman indecently baring her arms and driving a car?

I'm just asking.

I took a two-hour long test to get my internet-based Law Degree, so this kind of DEEP THINKING of our current Supreme Court demands the respect that I think I deserve -- being that we are so tight with the Constitution and all.

>> But clearly, I think these guys and gal are in danger of making the Magna Carta look too trendy.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Where in the hell are we gonna find all these "people friendly sheriff's"? In most case's of corruption it's the sheriff's dept that is the most corrupt, at least it is in my neck of the woods. What would stop the feds from investigating the sheriff for what ever? What would stop the feds from bringing up some silly ass charges against the sheriff or his minions ?

In one of the county's in my state N.C. we had a sheriff that had his own T.V. show about the criminals in his jail. And he drove a sheriff's car called" DDT" with a giant black widow painted across the doors. I beleive he and his deputies were charged with drug trafficing and dealing. Needless to say, he aint the sheriff any longer.

No matter what the elected office is. The main concern of anybody in elected office, Is to get re-elected to that office or position. If the sheriffs in this country want to show their power. Then start protecting the Occupy Protesters. After all all cities are located within a county, are they not? IMHO we simply need to tear it all down and start from scratch. keep what works, throw out what don't.

I think the sheriff,s name was " Hege" and it was in Davidson County Please see wikipedia attached.
Yea these are the guys I want to have all the power.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-10-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

You have to at least applaud the ability of these Supremes without the benefit of Diana Ross to have used the Constitution to VOID the Constitution.

If you don't LIKE a lynching -- then obviously, you need to know to stay out of Davidson County.

Don't you realize what this means? Buy more Google Stock as they ad the feature to Google Maps; "redirecting your travel route based on your profile, likes, dislikes, and if you don't want to die yet." I'm sure Frank Luntzcould come up with a catchier name for that.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

County Troopers patrol Pittsburgh Airport. TSA does all the security screening but there is always a trooper on duty at the security gates.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So if your local sheriff wants to get involved into corruption. Who stops him now?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is how it worked before the federal control of everything. And it was very easy for criminals to escape a state after commiting a crime.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Ok say a sheriff kicks the tsa or any other fed or state groups out of his town.
Fed and state aid would be pulled and the sheriff would have to do all of the patrolling him/herself.
Plus someone would assassinate him or his character and he would not be sheriff in the next term.
What incentive does the sheriff have to do this?
Why not just keep his power and cash?
It is only a game.
(disclaimer)
Devil's advocate btw for the easily offended.
But you know I am right.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

Ghost Busters?

Because; "Who-ya-gonna-call?"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
This is how it worked before the federal control of everything. And it was very easy for criminals to escape a state after commiting a crime.

So that means "Walker Texas Ranger" is even more in demand...

... I've given up with logical arguments to the Fascist Asylum that the Supreme Court has become. So if you cannot beat them, find a way to MONETIZE THEM!

I present to you, the Google "Profiling" MAP -- all rights reserved.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Ok say a sheriff kicks the tsa or any other fed or state groups out of his town.
Fed and state aid would be pulled and the sheriff would have to do all of the patrolling him/herself.
Plus someone would assassinate him or his character and he would not be sheriff in the next term.
What incentive does the sheriff have to do this?
Why not just keep his power and cash?
It is only a game.
(disclaimer)
Devil's advocate btw for the easily offended.
But you know I am right.

I know you are SO right -- as soon as I figure out what your point is...

... are you saying; "Let the free market decide the laws?" I mean, Mussolini never really embraced fascism the way this idea does. Bypass the whole Judicial system, and let the electronic voting machines decide if the Sheriff killed off too many competitors to his sponsor/drug lord in the previous term.

Any voters who don't like this system, need to get unlisted addresses and wear a disguise, since the Sheriff has a webcam on all the traffic lights (for revenue/safety issues) and they will be using the Faces Recognition software from the NSA.

So the TSA can prevent terrorism / hippies protesting in one area, and then all the Hippies/Al Qaeda will have to move to some backwater like New York City or San Francisco where they put up with that Tree Hugging nonsense.

You've probably out done Karl Rove with this Machiavellian "Laissez-Faire Law Enforcement" plan. They are spitting jealous right now,..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Where in the hell are we gonna find all these "people friendly sheriff's"? In most case's of corruption it's the sheriff's dept that is the most corrupt, at least it is in my neck of the woods. What would stop the feds from investigating the sheriff for what ever? What would stop the feds from bringing up some silly ass charges against the sheriff or his minions ?

In one of the county's in my state N.C. we had a sheriff that had his own T.V. show about the criminals in his jail. And he drove a sheriff's car called" DDT" with a giant black widow painted across the doors. I beleive he and his deputies were charged with drug trafficing and dealing. Needless to say, he aint the sheriff any longer.

No matter what the elected office is. The main concern of anybody in elected office, Is to get re-elected to that office or position. If the sheriffs in this country want to show their power. Then start protecting the Occupy Protesters. After all all cities are located within a county, are they not? IMHO we simply need to tear it all down and start from scratch. keep what works, throw out what don't.

I think the sheriff,s name was " Hege" and it was in Davidson County Please see wikipedia attached.
Yea these are the guys I want to have all the power.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-10-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

I trust the sheriff of the county I live in to have that responsibility. (No its not St Louis)

A sheriff is about the closest link between government and individual communities, so it makes sense to me. If you think the sheriff you have is corrupt, protest him and strive to elect another. If an entire community is corrupt, that is something that merits a whole new kind of attention.
edit on 26-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Great post, S&F mate.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Great job acquiring all these flags with a misleading thread as well as making it onto the front page.

(So much for the Denying Ignorance motto)

I checked out your profile and this got my attention:

Stuff I Don't Like:
Misinformation artists; there are many in the government that can only hold their power and job if they can successfully misinform the public.

So, if you don't like it when people do this, why have you done this exact thing when you created this thread?
Why aren't you big enough to come back into the thread and apologize to everyone who believed what you were presenting when they didn't want to or didn't have the time to read the entire article you linked to?

Do you even feel the least bit guilty for making all these folks believe that the Supreme Court has made this ruling when they didn't and that the actual case has been twisted and skewed in such a horrible way that it will most likely become a Snopes entry or an urban legend?

Are you feeling powerful, RussianScientists?
Well, are you?
edit on 26-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Great job acquiring all these flags with a misleading thread as well as making it onto the front page.

Flags for a misleading post? Would those be ...

(puts on sunglasses)

false flags?

YEEEEEEEaaaaaahh!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wonder who will financially support the sherriffs and or cops. Follow the money and learn before you speak, because it may be u they put away. I do not buy into it like most do hook line and sinker. I wonder what will happen now.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Interesting post...I had no idea the sheriff of the county wielded so much power, but it does make sense though, since police officers are sworn to uphold the laws of the constitution and given the power to arrest, they would be the ones to keep corrupt officials in line.

It's too bad many of the current sitting sheriffs are as corrupt as they get and do everything they can to cover up scandals within their forces ranks.

Voting is a novel idea, but it is set up the same way as our national voting system, which I don't know about you, but I do not put much faith in since there is already two (2) "choices" made for you before you get to vote...a democrat and a republican.

What a country!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have a question.

While this is a wonderful ruling for the sovereignty of the state (County) it seems to me that it can also be used in a malicious way against the people of a specific county as well.

Isn't it now possible that a sheriff of lesser nobility may now be free to enact and enforce laws such as those prohibiting the use of taping the police or public officials whilst preforming their duties in a public arena?

Not to mention a wide variety of other nefarious uses this ruling may enable?

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Originally posted by The GUT

Hear, hear! That's one of the reasons I support Ron Paul. I'm saddened for the great nation we used to be. The world once wanted to be like us and now our foreign policy only produces disgust.

State rights are where it's at and our last hope probably.

That is what I'm starting to believe. State rights are going to be where the dividing line starts, and the Sheriffs have the right to stand up for each state's rights.
edit on 25-10-2011 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

I have said this a thousand times. But again....WHO IS "The State"? Come on people, WE are the "state". It is not just states "rights" it is our NATURAL BORN rights. We created the government to deal with COMMERCE ONLY. For the general welfare means that corporations would be given the privilege to exist and thus PAY FOR what they use of OUR natural resources. They pay a good share for the roads which they use to transport their goods for sale, the use the natural resources which belong to all of us. The people themselves, should not be directly "income" taxed. We pay taxes on things we want or desire to have. Want to use the road, pay a fuel tax to pay for the road, no registration needed.

The Sheriff MUST enforce the Common Law and NOT the corporate law of lagislation, upon the people. We can do what we wish, unlicensed an non-registered, so long as we are responsible.

"Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable." 16 C.J.S., Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.

People need to keep their eyes open and do some reading!! PRIVATE PROPERTY... auto, gun, ammunition and the like...........NO REGISTRATION AND NO LICENSE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!

Personal Responsibility!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
So if your local sheriff wants to get involved into corruption. Who stops him now?

The PEOPLE to whom he MUST answer. Simple as that.

Citizens arrest. There is a way to do everything, but some people are to lazy to look into it. Some people spend their whole lives investigating to get this stuff out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

This has always been in effect... the only thing is, if the sheriff DOESN'T do what the federal government want them to, the feds will stop funding... :/

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
it sounds like a good thing if people resarch and make informed decisions

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join