It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone experienced this before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Right, so I went to bed last night and I left my computer on downloading a game. I sleep with the light off but I keep a lamp on all night as it is how I have grown accustomed to sleep. I cannot remember my dreams per se but I did wake up with an odd feeling like that feeling like you had a bizarre dream but have no recollection of what happened.
Anyway, the main point of this is that when I woke up my computer was off along with my lamp. I thought it was a power cut so got up and that's when I noticed the hallway light was still on- so no powercut. I then tried my main light which instantly blew when i switched it on. I then switched on my computer which loaded the system recovery options (safe mode.etc) which means that it had been turned off without being shut down which made me think it was actually definitely a powercut. I then went over to my lamp and flicked the switch to see if the bulb was blown on this too and it was set to the off switch- meaning it had been switched off somehow during my sleep, not blown.

I was on my own the whole night (my mum was at work) and the door was locked until after I woke up so i really have no explanation as to why I went t sleep with my computer and lamp on and when I woke they were all off and my light blew.

It sounds stupid writing this out but I just thought I would share it as i thought it was odd. No i don't do drugs and no I wasn't drinking. Never sleep walked before and am a very sound sleeper, no sleep talking and I only move when I am awake and consciously wanting to change sleeping position- i never sleep on one side and randomly wake up on the other.

So has anyone experienced anything similar or have any useful input?
CT

Edit to add that my lamp and computer are on the other side of my room from my bed and inbetween them and my bed is an unfathomable obstacle course of things like guitars and boxes. Yes, my bedroom is a bit of a state atm haha
edit on 25/10/2011 by constant_thought because: merp

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

This isn't exactly the same, but similar.
I recently moved into a new apartment. After 3 weeks of living here the light switches flip ON or OFF by themselves.
Me and my wife have both witnessed this at least 5 times in the past 2 months.
I want to say ghost, but I don't like to jump to conclusions.
Either way, Something creepy is going on.

Maybe we both have a ghost that likes to play with lights.

edit on 25-10-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Did you check your circuit breaker? You could have popped the circuit out due to too much amperage or prolonged use of electronic devices
2nd

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
Did you check your circuit breaker? You could have popped the circuit out due to too much amperage or prolonged use of electronic devices
2nd

Would a popped circuit flip the lamp switch to the OFF position?
I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thats mighty awkward, i had kind of a moment with my power last night too. Im not sure if i had too many things on, on one circuit. But when i popped something in the microwave to heat up (this was like, 4am btw..), and when i hit start, it flipped the breaker.. Took out the power in the living room and kitchen..

The fuse box was also beside the fridge, so i had to move the fridge from its place, and get in behind it to access the fuse box.

Probably just too many things on it, but i've had just as many things on it before.. And it never did that. We've only been here a few months tho. I also got this extremely creepy feeling. Coulda just been the lack of sleep or late hour..

I suggest that maybe you switched off the light in your sleep, as for the computer. Well, cometimes computers crash. And you would recieve that particular start menu after a said crash.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Besides that, I believe that most residential circuits are 20 amps or at least 15, far greater than what a computer and small lamp are capable of drawing. That's pretty weird to happen, maybe you were sleep walking! Lol

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thefurryone

You may laugh at the idea of sleep walking, however my husband and I regularly wake up to find lights turned off, doors open and things moved. He is positive that its me as he woke up one night and i was bumping about at the bedroom door like a blooming moth caught in a light. He thought it was the funniest thing ever, me bumping about. I have no memory of this At All.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by thefurryone

You may laugh at the idea of sleep walking, however my husband and I regularly wake up to find lights turned off, doors open and things moved. He is positive that its me as he woke up one night and i was bumping about at the bedroom door like a blooming moth caught in a light. He thought it was the funniest thing ever, me bumping about. I have no memory of this At All.

Definitely a sleep walker. My brother is a sleepwalker, I've caught him a few times walkin about during the night. Its not so prominent now, because he's awake late at night and sleeps till the afternoon (like me), and my mother is a sleeptalker, haha, that's amusing to hear sometimes. Sometimes it actually scares me, since i lived with my parents in an older house (110 years old), and well.. I think there was some sort of vortex around the home, because the things me and my family saw, smelt, heard, did not stay long, so they were always changing.

And yeah, i know torrent programs can crash the system pretty easy, it happens to me sometimes (usually overnight), or my computer goes to sleep. My cat also likes to climb on my keyboard, so lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How rude of you to leave your computer and lamps on! Ghosts need sleep to ya know

Seriously though I would of said it was your trip switch but seeing as you said you lamps switch was "OFF" i'm gonna say, sleep walking?

ALS

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
2nd

Would a popped circuit flip the lamp switch to the OFF position?
I don't think so.

It could, it depends what outlets were on what circuit. In my house one of the circuits will shut of my TV, lamp, and front door light. I think you probably tripped the circuit. It doesn't necessarly need to be your useage it could of been a surge that tripped the circuit.
edit on 25-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If you have a web cam, use it to prove it's either you sleep walking or ........?

Weird things are happening in our house, I feel a thread coming.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"Maybe we both have a ghost that likes to play with lights."

Yeah it probably had nothing to do with your breaker popping....Ghosts lol.... Go with that

new topics

top topics

join