It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptable Use of Torture in the USA??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
disclaimer, disturbing footage of a man dying in the hands of policemen

www.youtube.com...

The use of electric shock as a method of torture was first documented in Nazi, Germany, but today it is still used as an acceptable use of torture in the United States.

In Gwinnett County, Georgia, an un-edited police videotape shows 31-year-old Deacon Frederick Williams being struck with a TASER five times in 43 seconds, just 4 minutes after being led into the jail. He was handcuffed behind his back and in leg restraints, following an epileptic seizure at his home; an ambulance was called by his wife and son, but the police arrived first. His last words were: "Don't kill me, man. Don't kill me." No charges have been filed in the torture / murder; the County DA refused to show this video to a Grand Jury, even though another man in custody was murdered just months earlier after being tortured with a TASER by the same police.

One of the most shocking video's that involve police "work" i've ever seen in my life.
edit on 25-10-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembed video

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't see this was used as torture, just an over-zealous cop using excessive force. Torture would imply them systematically trying to garner information from this man.

It is a horrible video to watch, really. It took them what, 4 minutes from time they were unable to feel a pulse until they got him out of that chair and started CPR?

Probably should put a disclaimer, this is a snuff vid.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
all of them. what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
all of them. what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I don't see this was used as torture, just an over-zealous cop using excessive force. Torture would imply them systematically trying to garner information from this man.

Torture: The act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.

dictionary.reference.com...
edit on 26-10-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
temporarily closed for staff review.

new topics

top topics

join