It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Atlanta Takes on KOCH BROTHERS today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Occupy Atlanta, which in recent days has seen its relationship with Mayor Kasim Reed turn sour, says it's turning its attention this afternoon to David and Charles Koch, the two brothers who lead Koch Industries, a multi-national company with interests in everything from paper towels to oil pipelines — and are considered major patrons of conservative causes.

Georgia-Pacific is owned by Koch Industries and headquartered along Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta. From an Occupy Atlanta press release detailing the Koch brothers' contributions to conservative groups and politicians, including Gov. Nathan Deal:

We demand that the Koch brothers withdraw all of their money from politics by 5:30pm on Tuesday October 25th. If they do not capitulate we will levitate the Georgia Pacific building where they do their business. Capitulation or levitation? The choice is theirs.

Anybody in the area feel free to join. If you don't agree with the OATL/OWS movement, I'm sure you still dislike the Koch Bros..

link

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah because a bunch of stinky hippsters are going to bring down the koch brothers lol

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

when Texas execute a corporation, corporations will be people.

this corporation would be a great place to start.

lets hope we live to see the end of government control by corporate facism.

good luck, you're fighting for the future of humanity.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
We demand that the Koch brothers withdraw all of their money from politics by 5:30pm on Tuesday October 25th. If they do not capitulate we will levitate the Georgia Pacific building where they do their business. Capitulation or levitation? The choice is theirs.

Anybody in the area feel free to join. If you don't agree with the OATL/OWS movement, I'm sure you still dislike the Koch Bros.

When you make the same demands of George Soros, Jeffrey R. Immelt and Teresa Heinz, let me know. Untill then FOAD!
edit on 25-10-2011 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

the primary purpose of a demonstration is educational.

millions who never heard of KOCH BROTHERS, will learn of their agenda.

as to the occupy movement, only History knows where it will go.

will it be the next trillion $ bailout for the financian sector that will give it focus, another useless war, or something else.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The protesters are going to levitate the entire building? Really?
Like, pick it up in the air?

If I were the Koch Brothers, I'd not conform to their demands because I'd simply like to see them try.

Edit to Add:
I just read the entire article, then looked at a second article and they both said 'levitate", which has left me baffled. I thought it was a typo, but apparently not.
Did they mean "level" as in bring the building down?
I looked up a picture of it and that's one massive structure!

edit on 25-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Yeah because a bunch of stinky hippsters are going to bring down the koch brothers lol

See.... this is the kind of response to these protests that is just pathetic.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah, and OWS doesn't have an agenda. Let's attack the only ultra-rich conservatives we know and ignore all the ultra-rich liberals.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Fitch303

See.... this is the kind of response to these protests that is just pathetic.

It is nothing more than they deserve. I'm suprised that ATS has allowed this thread because the first post could be considered extortion or a terroristic threat.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That is really laughable. They are demanding Koch brothers remove all funding for politics by today? Hahaha that is truly hilarious. Let me know when OWS stops accepting funding from Soros.

How about this?
newsbusters.org...

Big Union and groups like ActBlue (of which George Soros is a huge donor) push Democrats to the extreme Left, a position the American public has steadfastly rejected time after time.

If Liberals are aghast by the influence they claim the Koch brothers have why are they also not upset by how much more money flows into their party than to the Republicans by ActBlue, SEIU, and the American Federation of Teachers?

Because their money helps them get the right message out, that’s why.

capitolcommentary.com...

Oh yah and here is something extra special for the tolerant OWS supporters regarding the Koch brothers event in Ranch Mirage and the lovely leftist Greenpeace

Common Cause and its allies see a more sinister agenda. They’ll be shouting outside — and in at least one case, from above. Greenpeace has chartered a blimp emblazoned with the words “dirty money” to fly over the conference. Read more: dailycaller.com...

edit on 25-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

oh lol they are going to levitate the building? Did they mean level?

edit, oops someone else already said this...oh well I'm saying it too.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a picket is a terroristic threat?
GTF OUTTA HERE!!! wow....

holy crap i can't believe you have a computer....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

LOL! I know.
It's almost time for the magic trick. Is there a link to a live feed?
Is David Copperfield or Chris Angel going to be assisting?

But, seriously.
Is this their actual demand or did cointelpro make this up just to make people believe that the protesters are completely stupid wording their demand in this way?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Those of you who were confused by "levitate", an explanation can be found here:

www.forbes.com...

I was baffled as well, so I had to go look it up.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

a picket is a terroristic threat?
GTF OUTTA HERE!!! wow....

holy crap i can't believe you have a computer....

Levitate or level? Capitulation? The article doesn't say a damn thing about picketing.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

LOL! I know.
It's almost time for the magic trick. Is there a link to a live feed?
Is David Copperfield or Chris Angel going to be assisting?

But, seriously.
Is this their actual demand or did cointelpro make this up just to make people believe that the protesters are completely stupid wording their demand in this way?

Well, if it is a real demand, somebody did overpay for their college ed

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

From your link:

Occupy Atlanta describe their plan to ‘levitate’ the Georgia-Pacific building as “an ode to the anti-war demonstrations of the 1960s.” At a famous 1967 rally of more than 50,00o Vietnam war protesters at the Pentagon, the poet Allen Ginsberg and activist Abbie Hoffman led a group trying to use psychic powers to exorcise the Pentagon of its evil war-mongering spirits.

I'm still not impressed.
Their demands need to be concrete and their opposing actions need to be something that can be accomplished without the help of the "other side".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
Those of you who were confused by "levitate", an explanation can be found here:

www.forbes.com...

I was baffled as well, so I had to go look it up.

Just the reference alone to Abbie Hoffman should be enough to put distance between law abiding citizens and OWS. But levitation, while using a psychic power simply cannot be confused with an exorcism, with the exception that levitation can possibly occur during an exorcism. But I'm certain that OWS cannot exorcise any demons, and they will not be doing any levitation either.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

They better start chanting "light as a feather, stiff as a board" right now if it's going to work!

(Oops! Did I just show my age?)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

They better start chanting "light as a feather, stiff as a board" right now if it's going to work!

(Oops! Did I just show my age?)

well, he was apparently pre-baby boomer, so I'm guessing he is original red. I found this in wiki

Abbie Hoffman was a self-identified Jewish Road Warrior, anarcho-communist, social and political activist in the United States, co-founder of the Youth International Party ("Yippies")

en.wikisource.org...:Abbie_Hoffman

top topics

<<   2 >>

join