It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. advisers recommend Gardasil HPV shots for boys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
U.S. vaccine advisers on Tuesday voted to recommend that boys should be routinely vaccinated with Merck & Co's Gardasil vaccine to protect them from human papillomavirus or HPV infections, which cause genital warts and oral, penile and anal cancers in boys and men, and cervical cancers in women.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

roll up, roll up, get your vaccines here.

Isn't it great you can shoot your boys up with this vaccine now and not just your daughters. Bit surprised at this but sure if it makes more money for the drug companies , why not.

Interesting facts About males and HPV:

from www.cdc.gov...

What is Genital Human Papillomavirus (HPV)?
Montage of men.

Genital human papillomavirus (HPV) is a common virus. Most sexually active people in the United States (U.S.) will have HPV at some time in their lives. There are more than 40 types of HPV that are passed on through sexual contact. These types can infect the genital areas of men, including the skin on and around the penis or anus. They can also infect the mouth and throat.

What are the health problems caused by HPV in men?

Most men who get HPV (of any type) never develop any symptoms or health problems. (but lets vaccinate all the kids, yea.)

(look at the god damm figures out of a population of U.S)

How common are HPV-related health problems in men?

About 1% of sexually active men in the U.S. have genital warts at any one time.
Each year in the U.S. there are about:
400 men who get HPV-associated penile cancer
1,500 men who get HPV-associated anal cancer
5,600 men who get HPV-associated oropharyngeal cancers (cancers of the back of throat including base of tongue and tonsils) [Note: Many of these cancers may also be related to tobacco and alcohol use.]

many my be related to smoking and drinking!!!!!

Some men are more likely to develop HPV-related diseases than others:

Men who have sex with men are about 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than men who only have sex with women.

www.cdc.gov...

and it is been recomended all boys receive this vacccine. ludicous.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wonder, does Merck, FDA etc fully support this and give their kids these shots?

I want to know that.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I just read about this. I mean hey, it is already causing problems for the girls, why not give it to the boys too. My boys are a bit older than the recommended, but I would NOT have had them get it anyway. Sorry, just don't trust it after everything I've read.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
After 20+ women have died due to this shot, or complications due to this shot. They want to give it to boys? Im not taking it i'll tell you that much. My girlfriend got it, but i dont think it was gardasil, i think it was some other one, cervatrix or something like that. Not gardasil, thats the only thing im worried about.

Remember, Boys can get cervical cancer...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Just politely crosslinking to a similar thread on ATS started about the same time in the Medical Issues & Conspiracies Forum on the same topic.

ATS: CDC Committee Recommends Boys Receive HPV Vaccine

top topics

join