It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi: Why is the MSM getting more gory with it's coverage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I can't help but feel appalled at how graphic the videos and images of Gaddafi have been in the MSM the past few days. No matter what the guy did over the past 42 years I don't get any satisfaction over seeing an elderly man dragged through the streets bloody and getting beaten just before he's executed. Why are the mainstream press so candid wth the footage and the images? What purpose does it serve? Today, it's pictures of his corpse with pools of blood nearby. Could it be any more gruesome

The news wasn't always this graphic and grotesque. What's going on?

[No need for links, I'm sure you've seen it all already]
edit on 25-10-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I can't help but feel appalled at how graphic the videos and images of Gaddafi have been in the MSM the past few days. No matter what the guy did over the past 42 years I don't get any satisfaction over seeing an elderly man dragged through the streets bloody and getting beaten just before he's executed. Why are the mainstream press so candid wth the footage and the images? What purpose does it serve? Today, it's pictures of his corpse with pools of blood nearby. Could it be any more gruesome The news wasn't always this graphic and grotesque. What's going on?

Put that beside the fact that you can't show a dead US soldier or even their coffin, on US television.

It's about dehumanization and desensitization. It really is that simple.

i'm not sure what I found more gruesome, the footage of him being beaten and about to be sodomized then murdered, or the footage of Hillary giggling and making jokes about it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, even the Nazi monsters got a trial.
edit on 25-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

Gore equals ratings. It's just another way that society is going down the tubes. It won't be long until we start seeing the gory ads like they show in Starship Troopers. "Service equals citizenship", and then someone's head being removed.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I think they are trying to demonise him as much as possible to the masses in order to justify their illegal actions. The worst British paper around (The Sun) had a headline that ran something like "Thats for Lockerbie!" printed near a photo of bloody and battered face, when even the dumbest of Sun reporters could have used Wikipedia to see that Libya had nothing to do with the Lockerbie bombing. Ah well, its a sheeple paper I guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i agree i think its truly discraceful, considering most of the time when anything like this is posted on MSM they blur it out or give tons of warnings etc, alot of the times not even fully showing the videos, but for whatever reason they show everything for gadaffi?

i think its truly sickening that people are so nonchalant about the way he was killed. truly no matter how bad of a person he was or wasn't there is no excuse for the way he was treated and especially considering it was all filmed the people responsible should be tried for humans rights abuse.

i find it so hypocritical that the very people that are supposed to be against all the human rights abuses that gadaffi supposedly commited are treating another person this way and expect to be taken seriously at all?

if anything it just prooves that the whole thing is a farce and they arn't "rebels" but more "mercanies"

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This goes to show that Osama was not killed months back.They show gaddafi, and hussien but not osama. Go figure. We are truly in trouble whens obama gonna give back his nobel peace prize. Before or after we take out assad or amadinijad

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

Got you Ginga! Yes, it was so awful. I think that with the way things are now with media (with the advent of the dreaded web) is that this trend is likely to continue.

I do believe though the media is doing this deliberately; flaunting the U.N's might and their "success". It is a message I guess to those who would defy them (them being TPTB).

In a sense, as an adult, I am glad I did see the footage. It made me realise a few things. I hated what they did to him. It was cowardly and very disgusting, but this gruesome behavior is common practice in some areas of our world.

The only lesson that one can learn here is that we keep things in our own backyard as civilized as we can because the behavior of those who captured and murdered Gadaffi demonstrates just how low humanity can sink.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dehumanization seems to be the order of the day here (as others have said). Whether it's Saddam in a hole or Gadaffi in a drainpipe like a rat, it's the total bring down of a head of state which brings about the mindset our governments hope to achieve - this guy died as a nothing, so move on and embrace democracy.

I haven't seen anything to celebrate, only a distaste at how low we've sunken

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
This goes to show that Osama was not killed months back.They show gaddafi, and hussien but not osama. Go figure. We are truly in trouble whens obama gonna give back his nobel peace prize. Before or after we take out assad or amadinijad

I was thinking that also, last night when CNN kept replaying the video of Gadaffi caught. It's disgusting to see, at suppertime especially, on a large screen TV. Anderson Cooper played it over and over again, I changed the channel. I've seen it enough. And I keep trying NOT to see it, but it keeps ending up on my TV screen.

They had said a still pic of Osama was too gruesome. How is Gadaffi's capture not as gruesome, or more, because he is still alive when they are doing you know what to him.

top topics

join