It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 First Impressions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
to join the platoon you gotta add me to your friends list on Battlelog.battlefield.com, name is R3M3D33, then add me on PSN = ReMeDee. (kind of a pain, but whatever!) then join my session from the PS3 Friends list, then hopefully we are on the same squad and team, to murderize all the noobs and suckaz!
edit on (29/10/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAPurMAMA
to join the platoon you gotta add me to your friends list on Battlelog.battlefield.com, name is R3M3D33, then add me on PSN = ReMeDee. (kind of a pain, but whatever!) then join my session from the PS3 Friends list, then hopefully we are on the same squad and team, to murderize all the noobs and suckaz!
edit on (29/10/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

i just buy the game a few minutes ago its downloading now via playstore
i dont like the #i kids online too xD if you want add me too: xaruto666
hope the game is good for ps3 ...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

Nice one dude il give it a go

I played with you the other day...im mankini...the british guy lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Oh ya, from battlelog you gotta add the platoon you want to join (Wolfpack Recon), press the apply to join button, and when the mighty lords of our platoon add you, you will be apart of said platoon!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Ive joined up but it cannot find R3M3D33...is that the platoon name i should be searching for?????

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

For some reason I can't use my PSN name (ReMeDee) on Battlelog, on Battlelog it is R3M3D33. Try them both to find me. If you are a part of Wolf Pack Recon then I should be under the members section. Hope this helps!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Im an idiot.....i was looking for you and not the platoon haha.

I was searching you're PSN in the Platoon name search.....DURGGH

Il try again later or tomos and see if i can do it this time....now i know what im doing wrong

On a sidenote...im getting better at the game and it is growing on me.

BUT....the graphics are still crap...do we have to download a HD pack like the people on the Xbox360????? The textures look awful on my tv (HD 1080p 42" Plasma). The sounds fair no better to be honest...and i wear gaming headphones lol. Everything looks so bland and boring, much like Black Ops graphically.

See you on the battlefield soldier
Im disappointed in the game but as ive spent £40 on it il have to play it to get my monies worth lol. If i could get a refund i would, all of my friends who have bought it said the same

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I know the graphics seem a lot like Black Ops, but at least there are some wicked jets and helicopters, and tanks and jeeps and boats and what not, that's why I like this better then CoD!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am on PS3,I have about 30 hours in game now.. Some glitches and lag on certain maps for the most part the game is fun...

look me up on battlelog _Bicent76

It needs some patching but not bad, for a first week release.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Oh ya, the HD pack is automatically downloaded for the game, all the info can fit on one Blu Ray disc. X box uses HD DvD so they need 2 discs, like they do with many of their games!

edit on (1/11/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Haha been winning all day......sorted my clan out too

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

sweet, bro! i'm just about to get on. i started a platoon too. right now it's just me but i'm ok about it. i joined the wolfpack recon but i just felt weird pressure about being it so i opted out. those folks are fine people. the founder, ronnie, is an incredible player! his spm is around 600 and his kdr nears 2. very nice for a battlefield game.

my platoon is just for hanging out. i don't plan on it ever having real clan matches or anything. i just wanted to be able to have the 'Mi5' clan tag. so that's what it is. actually it's 'MI5'. anybody who wants to can be in it. jam me up on battlelog.

just about to get my fourth service star for the SCAR.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have finally been promoted to Gunnery Sergeant 2 Star. Overall I like the game, my only major complaint is that the game has a tendency to crash while the server is loading a new map.

My Origin name is Wardude1987 so send me a friend request if you want. I usually play Engineer these days.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I wish that they had a "quit multiplayer" button on PS3 in between matches, in case you need to take a piss break or go for a smoke, and not have to turn off the whole game if you want a break more then 40 seconds, then have to turn it back on wait to load and what not! Oh well...........maybe in the sequel!

PS - Oh yeah, are you on PS3?
edit on (18/11/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I think there are still plenty of issues that need resolving.

For example, the voice chat on the PS3 is next to useless...you get parts of the conversation.

People can shoot YOU through walls, tanks, concrete blocks....but you cannot do the same to them.

You can no longer ask someone for a lift....which is kinda annoying when there are no vehicles left, and they all just drive off without you.

The "Please check your network connection" is a daily occurrence....when the network is fine.

"You have been disconnected from the EA server" is another pain, when you are halfway through a game.

I wish these game manufacturers would sell products where everything works. The server issues is my main problem.

But on a lighter note....ive become a bit of a god on there lol.

And of course....my clan

My mate, Fandang has the highest score per minute so far, with me chasing him

Its VERY rare if all of us are on that we will lose....result :p

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nah im on PC ... the buggiest version. Right now I am rocking the FN F2000 + grip. I can't wait till I get the Holo sight.

Anyone know when the Back2Karkand expansion pack comes out? Im looking forwards to Wake Island, the map never gets old. It's been a favorite of mine since Battlefield1942.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
My first impressions started out OK despite the odd crash and now have turned to despair. After the last update I can't play anymore, it takes me up to the same point and each time the screen goes black and says saving and then it takes me to a screen saying 'You have been disconnected from the network' and I get stuck in this circle.

I have only had the PS3 for a couple of weeks but I would of assumed you don't need to be on the network to play a console game, I only want to continue my campaign which I can't.
I had a quick look on the web and it seems the latest patch is bogus, does anyone know how I can continue playing or will I need to wait for another brilliant software update?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Ya man Operation Metro is, by far, the most frustration-inducing torment that I have experienced in recent memory. It especially sucks when everyone on your team is a Rambo wannabe during a conquest match. It's a unique experience, getting fragged and then being forced to watch as some jackass mows down 5 more of your idiotic teammates down with one pull of the trigger.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am not what most of you would call a gamer, but since buying BF3 by accident (wanted to get OF-Red River, but cashier at game store recommended this instead.), I have gotta say I'm hooked. At first, I tried the campaign and, in dismay, found that it was way too much like every other shooter out there and they did away with my favourite feature of Medal of Honour (the LB-peak control scheme). However, once I got into the multiplayer and coop segments on Disc 2, that's when I realised that this is where the meat and potatoes of BF3 lie. I have never experienced such moto, chaos-induced joy in a video game before. There's nothing like calling in CAS from one of your buds when you are being overrun, tipping the scales in your favour. Just last night, I was playing a match in the Noshahr Canals, and just as I was about to be schwacked, a friendly tank comes flying down a berm and absolutely annihilates the 3 pricks that were trying to take me out. It's just uber-awesomeness, man. About as close to war as you would ever wanna get.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Dang, gettin realllll

edit on 16-1-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join