It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gecko Saves His Friend From Snake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My brother linked me to this video and I thought it was interesting enough to share here on ATS...

Its just a little bit of entertainment on the whole, not much conspiracy really,
(other than mainstream science not wanting us to believe that animals are as sentient as us).

The video shows a lovely bit of same species comradeship, and who an ATS can really turn their

attention away from a reptilian battle? Hehe ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶

The Vid is here

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
That Gecko may be cold-blooded, but it has a warm heart.

This is a good example of what we should replicate from nature; friendship and support!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Thanks for reply, Im glad you enjoyed the video

Warm hearts true that blood.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

Thanks for the video. What I'm wondering is, where the hell was that? Where the hell is the place where 2 geckos and a snake end up on your living room wall?! I heard people talking in the background, but it was drowned out by my girlie screaming!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Good stuff.

Was anyone else thinking HURRY UP!!! The snake's gonna strangle it in a minute!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Was I the only one thinking that the people in the background should... Oh, I don't know... INTERVENE??

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

I was.

But then i thought this must be fairly common wherever they are in the world (South America is my guess), and kinda put it down to nature / the natural way of things.

I would have intervened though, i couldn't stand by and watch the lizard get the life squeezed out of it, even if it is natural.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yea I was thinking hurry up for sure!! haha. We can all be glad he got there in the end brave lil lizzard

HAHa yea the humans could have intervened, but then how would we have ever met super gecko?

edit on 25-10-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2011 by Lagrimas because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wanted a good outcome for the gecko too...but then again, the poor snake went hungry. he has to eat too

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Very cool video. Rather big Gecko`s compared to the ones I`ve seen here. Both creatures are very cool in their own way.

Watching this makes me realize just what we understand with nature. Never would I have believed this without seeing it so thanks for posting it OP that`s one brave Gecko and a true friend to the survivor..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
don't want to spoil this thread but i've already posted it.. and got zero attention

my thread

S&F nonetheless
edit on 25-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

ETA:

embedded for you.

edit on 25-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
AND he can save you money on car insurance.
Is there anything the Gecko can't do?

Cool Vid.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cool video. I was thinking the same as everyone else, hurry up before he dies!
Although, I know snakes can expand a lot, he looked a bit small for the size of that gecko.
I'm also glad I don't live somewhere where that is a normal scene in my house. I have enough problems with spiders!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Thanks for the video. What I'm wondering is, where the hell was that? Where the hell is the place where 2 geckos and a snake end up on your living room wall?! I heard people talking in the background, but it was drowned out by my girlie screaming!

When we went to Hawaii out condo had geckos on the walls throughout the place. I loved watching them. Seems they are called House Geckos and they keep the bugs cleared up, they don't have snakes on the walls there though! was a fun change from home where all we get is a spider or two in the house!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The lizard in the video is a tokay gecko. House geckos are much smaller and more docile.
www.house-gecko.com...

Tokays on the other hand are known as the pit bulls of the geckos.

Despite the fact that they follow human habitation, finding human dwellings to be great places to find prey, Tokays are the least lovable of the geckos. They are known for their nasty temperament, cheerfully biting the hand that feeds, cleans or otherwise comes into anything resembling close proximity to them. Their bites are powerful--one might say they are the pit bulls of the gecko world...they hang on and let go only when it suits them. Equipped as they are with numerous sharp teeth, the bites can bleed profusely and, even barring subsequent infection, are annoying for days. Note that while I am a strong believer that almost any animal can be habituated to human contact, such contact can be stressful for many species, and geckos as a whole are known for their marked preference to be left alone.

www.anapsid.org...

I used to work with reptiles and we were cleaning the tokays cages one day when one latched onto my boss' finger. Even when he stuck his hand in a bucket of water, it wouldn't let go!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Great vid

Hers another : Frog rescues another frog from snake

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

How did he get it off?

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Char-Lee

The lizard in the video is a tokay gecko. House geckos are much smaller and more docile.
www.house-gecko.com...

Tokays on the other hand are known as the pit bulls of the geckos.

Despite the fact that they follow human habitation, finding human dwellings to be great places to find prey, Tokays are the least lovable of the geckos. They are known for their nasty temperament, cheerfully biting the hand that feeds, cleans or otherwise comes into anything resembling close proximity to them. Their bites are powerful--one might say they are the pit bulls of the gecko world...they hang on and let go only when it suits them. Equipped as they are with numerous sharp teeth, the bites can bleed profusely and, even barring subsequent infection, are annoying for days. Note that while I am a strong believer that almost any animal can be habituated to human contact, such contact can be stressful for many species, and geckos as a whole are known for their marked preference to be left alone.

www.anapsid.org...

I used to work with reptiles and we were cleaning the tokays cages one day when one latched onto my boss' finger. Even when he stuck his hand in a bucket of water, it wouldn't let go!

EEEK! Well looking at them again I can certainly see the differences, the ones on the hawaii walls were so sweet and cute!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Good question and I'm sorry I didn't finish the story.
My boss was a hard core Buddhist, so he let the devilish lizard (their eyes are wicked!) hang on his finger with a paper towel wrapped around it until it finally let go. Then, the real fun started because he was loose in the store then! It took us about two weeks to catch him and get him back into the tank. Thankfully, this was done without any further injuries.

Edit to Add: Geckos make great pets, just not Tokays. If you're thinking about getting a gecko as a pet, I highly recommend a Leopard Gecko or a Central American Banded Gecko. Both are fairly slow moving, friendly (as lizards go), and easy to handle. Just be aware that geckos are nocturnal, so you won't see them much during the day time and get a black light so they can be watched in their tanks at night.

And for your reading/study:

Central American Banded:
www.angelfire.com...
Leopard Gecko:
www.leopardgeckoguide.com...

The Banded don't get as large as the leopards and they're both cute as a button!

edit on 25-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. It's like we've all been brainwashed into believing animals are dumber than us, then you see this and think "the gecko isn't doing it to eat or survive, it is rescuing its mate from certain death."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join