It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto V Confirmed!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Chukkles

That Guy at 0:41 couldn't be Tommy Vercetti could it???

That's what I thought, too. If it weren't for the accent of the narrator (and the fact he sounds nothing like Ray Liotta), I'd say the main character was Tommy. Vice City ended with him building an empire of real estate and construction so I thought maybe it would make sense for him to go to the west coast and retire. The accent is telling me no, though.

I watched a youtube clip a couple of hours ago of a GTA V trailer analysis, I think it was by IGN but I can't find it anymore. They pretty much came to the conclusion that that bloke was Tommy Vercetti, also that the black dude running from the cops/chopper was CJ. It was all speculation but they had managed to convince themselves. Try and find the vid, it was pretty interesting the way they broke it all down.

The first things I noticed were the dogs, planes and just how awesome everything looked. That mountain that those people are hiking (Yosemite National Park?), the wind farm, the crop duster over the vinyard; the detail was just amazing.

I'm looking forward to this game more than MW3, and that's saying something.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I found that vid I was talking about, I won't dare try and embed but here is the link:

au.ign.com...

Very cool

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by Cuervo

As I said I have no sound at the moment.
What is the accent?
American, African American, European or any others?

It's a bit west coast hispanic... barely. And it's not even so much that he has an accent, it's more that he is missing the accent he had in Vice City. It's possible it could still be him and they'll have a reason for it (30 years is a long time to change accents). But even if the narrator doesn't sound like him, the picture could still be him. There's some pretty strong rumors of their being multiple characters to play through due to the popularity of the expansions for GTAIV.

That could be interesting, like an episodic game, your a different character each episode, kinda like the cases on LA Noire. (in the episodic sense).

Could even bring a female character into it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Could even bring a female character into it.

Which they are waaaaay overdue for. There's a whole demographic that would actually try to play for the first time if they included a female protagonist.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I can't remember her name, Carlita, Catalina, the one you robbed all the Bookies with in SA.
She would be a bad ass protagonist.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I use a site

gtaforums.com

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A female would be awesome!! Im a female fan of gta, and i might possibly get to excited if there was one.

Cj is my fave gta character so far

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i gonna buy that game realy i m a huge gta fan

greetings

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG! Almost a year later and the floodgates of information are about to be opened! DEC GI cover and xbox world preview next week.
I know this thread is completely dead and it's likely no one will ever see or care about this but I can't friggin' contain myself!
Hopefully by march I'll be in an all out fun-i-cide spree.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Thanks for bringing this thread back! I had almost forgotten about it

Can't wait to see what they have in store, I really hope they go back to the fun style of San Andreas and no more taking people bowling every ten minutes

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I'm hoping they take that direction too. Going back to Los Santos is the perfect opportunity to bring back the zaniness IV was missing. I also want missions similar to the ones in the ballad of gay tony.

I felt bringing this thread back to life made sense since finding out anything about this game has been a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Not really all that exited about it. The GTA games never really did it for me, after you do a few missions drive around town steal a few cars, run over a bunch of mobster npc's who all seem to be the cliche Italian mobster guy and the fact that they all say "hey mario, waza matter" is funny as hell, that or some sort of hood gangster person, or all the other wacky characters and npcs in the games.

And after a bit in all the GTA games the whole thing gets to be kind of like what the hell is the point of this sh*t, so eventually so I turn it off and move on. Hopefully they will change the formula around a bit, because in the last game I had more fun listening to the crazy things they had on the radio in your stolen car, or on the TV in the game world, then that actual story or whatever was going on in the actual game. In fact it was pretty much steal car, go here skip cut-scene, shoot a bunch of people, yada yada skip scene, go home, next mission rinse and repeat, after a few hours of that you beat the game, and then... meh whatever.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Skipping cut scenes may be part of your issue. The stories are usually pretty good...but hey, I am a fanboi (or whatever you call the girl version) so take that for what it's worth.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As a native NYer, I also have to give IV an awesome review. That game was great. Rockstar captured the essence of NY in a very unique way that Liberty City stories was not able to do. The gameplay missions were so much fun, and all the same GTA elements were there.

Looking forward to 5

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
In an hour, there will be a game onformer preview.. If anyone still here lol.

www.gtav.net...

Yipeee

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

second trailer

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join