It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Travel to Mars- The benefits

page: 1

join
share:
GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What are the benefits of traveling to Mars. I would assume there will be advancements in propulsion and software. What else? What kind of medical advances? Economic benefits?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hmm... i could maybe see some advancements in genetic research, kinda seeing how humans, and other earth creatures react to mars and its atmosphere/gravity field, etc. But one thing u said about advancements in software, i'm not sure i can see y that? but i might just not be thinking in the right direction.

Another thing, what u said about economic advances, im sure that there are new elements or substances on mars, and that these could lead to new manufactured goods that could be sold and such.

[edit on 8/31/2004 by Josh Man]

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think computer software in general will have to become more reliable. Tech support is a serious long distance call...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Greetings GD,

the long distance support calls have been done with "Deep Space 1", which I think is a true marvel of technology. Of course, it's hard.

As for the benefits of travel to Mars, I think it depends on what you want to achieve. My personal opinion is that we should fix our own planet first. There is plenty of space for exploration even here.

Seriously, the environment by all accounts is going to hell. There has been advisory about not eating too much fish. And the terrorism, as you are no doubt aware, is a problem.

So let's get our priorities straight

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think we should focus on the moon, if you want reasons read my thread

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah I agree we should focus on are own world and land! theres many of things we have not discoverd yet! and also there would be a huge war or disagreement on who gets this part and who owns this and that!

Thanks,
Diego

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by enespanol4391
Yeah I agree we should focus on are own world and land! theres many of things we have not discoverd yet! and also there would be a huge war or disagreement on who gets this part and who owns this and that!

the only thing about the "we have things here we haven't discovered yet" idea, is that a lot of ppl out there would be bored by what left there is to discover. i mean, if we were to really go to the very bottom of the ocean and see the deepest parts, i bet you the only thing we would find would be new species of animals and such (which is interesting, but not to most of the world). although, i could be wrong about thats the only thing we would find down there. (cue ATLANTIS!!!).

but about the war on who gets what, that is very true, every country would be eager to get there hands on territory on a new planet. although i'm thinking that whichever country gets there first (*ahem* U.S. *ahem*) would likely claim the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah thats pretty true, by the way love the Avator. Yeah pretty much the US! keep up the good work

Se Ya!

Diego

GD

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceAlienatic88
I think we should focus on the moon, if you want reasons read my thread

I think it would be easier to pull natural resources out of the moon. Thats a plus for the moon. But I think Mars would spur more technological advances. Mars is alsp "terraformable".

top topics

join