It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Masses That Deluded...Can't You See? Shouldn't We Act?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

I hadn't considered that aspect and definitely stand corrected. However, my thoughts would be something on these lines: british scientists years ago developed a prototype car that runs on the 'mud' on the sea floor. If this is possible for cars, surely this would also be possible for other machinery that uses oil? And that is one example, i am sure there are plenty of other suppressed technologies gathering dust in the cupboards of some big oil board rooms!

It is a massive problem but there are alternatives available. I simply hadn't scaled up this problem though for the entire world of industry as you have rightly pointed out. Definite star for you (and kick up the rectum for me!)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by jrmcleod

Your argument doesn't work with plastic either.

Consider the amount of plastic in existence already. Now add in the recycling processes already in place. No oil would ever be needed to create more plastic ever again.

I should remind you that the recycling process itself is very labor-intensive and requires vast amounts of hydrocarbon energy in the process. Recycling is far more expensive in terms of energy use. There is a considerable amount of material loss in the recycling process as well. The recycling process for plastics usually requires the adding of 'clean' petroleum products to the mix to gain a usable finished product. And,hydrocarbon energy is used to make,run and maintain the recycling machines themselves.

Consider this quote from Wikpedia:

Typically a plastic is not recycled into the same type of plastic, and products made from recycled plastics are often not recyclable.

This means even the supply of usable, recyclable plastics is woefully finite.

For further reading on plastic recycling,go to the complete article here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In my intuition......I keep feeling that a well orchestrated plan will happen like
(a thief in the night).........

(Biological warfare) is what I feel will mainly be used within the next decade.

WW3 may have begun already...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

I hadn't considered that aspect and definitely stand corrected. However, my thoughts would be something on these lines: british scientists years ago developed a prototype car that runs on the 'mud' on the sea floor. If this is possible for cars, surely this would also be possible for other machinery that uses oil? And that is one example, i am sure there are plenty of other suppressed technologies gathering dust in the cupboards of some big oil board rooms!

It is a massive problem but there are alternatives available. I simply hadn't scaled up this problem though for the entire world of industry as you have rightly pointed out. Definite star for you (and kick up the rectum for me!)

No man, don't kick yourself. I was just as confused on the whole topic until recently myself and still am a bit actually(and still view the oil debate with a healthy dose of skepticism). This is a place of learning and sharing. Helping each other investigate and understand the things around us is what it's all about.

S&F for you. This is an important topic. I'm glad you brought it up.
edit on 25-10-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: Wording

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
hi im new to the site and and agree and have been preparing for the worst for some time now.....
ive bought weapons, ammo crates (close to 100) also been building a nuclear under ground bunker
i figure you could survive if u have the right kind of supplies excetera (lead cased water tank) and its not gona just be a war, its gona be the war to end HUMANITY AS WE KNOW IT!! figure in my buker i can survive 5 years in the bunker if a nuclear war occured

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join