It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 is downloading...fast!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

watch that in 1080p, and sorry, but you lose.

Well unless you have a 50 inch or bigger screen guess what? there is absolutely no discernible difference between 720p and 1080p. I have two 1080p tvs btw. Ps3 has been 3d ready for some time now, is this not offered in 3d on the ps3 as well? I'll have to check into that.

I think a lot of people are missing the point, much like any new awesome game, only about 10% of pc owners will be able to "max out" the settings. The other 90% will be playing at settings equal to or BELOW that of the consoles. And they built frostbite 2 specifically intending to cater to both high end gamers, and the average gamers, which is why the engine screams on high end AND low end rigs.

I for one can do without anti-aliasing. I'm gonna start the campaign tonight on pc and hopefully finish it this weekend (at full ultra specs of course) then around x-mas I'll settle in with the console version that doesn't require 2 different services running BEFORE I can play the game.

i love how the people dissing the console version haven't played EITHER

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
It's incredibly lame and smacks of Call of Duty. In fact, I recall a specific glitch in CoD world At War on the castle map that let people do that exact same thing, get under the map, invincible, and can shoot you through walls. the kill cam would show you that they are "glitching" under the map.

So many people complained on the forums they started removing threads. Then they patched world at war.

To fix that glitch you ask? No. They merely disabled the kill cam from showing if the person is glitching.

Lolz, I remember it pretty well, happened also on PS3, anytime I say someone exploiting it I was leaving a game.
In BF3 beta, me and some other random guy felt under the map in exact same spot, looked pretty funny.

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I'm a big Modern Warfare guy. Did not like Black Ops very well but absolutely love MW2. I played the BF3 demo on PS3 and I hated it.In fact that demo made me not want to get it. I've never played any of the BF's so I might be jumping the gun here.

You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion, but I can tell you, I spent looong hours with MW, MW2, Black Ops, and BF2, and I assure you, when you sort of "dig it in" it gives you waaay more fun and excitement that Activision franchise. I exactly know where you coming from tho, I had similiar reaction when I played Battlefield:194x. You just have to learn to think entirely different in game.

Where there jets in multi BF2? Think you mixing it up with 194x.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Where there jets in multi BF2? Think you mixing it up with 194x.

1943 + all expansions = planes
Vietnam = Choppers
BF2 = jets and choppers
BF2142= jets choppers and mechs (wtf?)
Bad company 1 & 2? dunno, they totally sucked and were installed for less than half an hour combined
BF3= jets and choppers

I'm a big Modern Warfare guy. Did not like Black Ops very well but absolutely love MW2.

the Battlefield series has always been the opposite of call of duty. Call of duty series spends their time and money on a story and a campaign and gives you standard run and gun tactics-less death match.

BF has always been about squad based tactics and military strategy. This time around they are hovering on the line, some modes like conquest offer the traditional BF experience, with other modes like death match and rush offer CoD style play.

Really, I personally think this shooter has something for everyone.
edit on 25-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

BF2 = jets and choppers

I honestly dont remember jets, what map they were on?

BF has always been about squad based tactics and military strategy.

Amen.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Does BF3 have any kind of Hardcore mode? I ask, because I hate playing on a normal setting anymore, and only COD has a hardcore mode that I know of. I just get tired of unloading a full mag into someone and they turn around and shoot you. I mean, I know these are video games, but I would like it to be somewhat realistic, and hardcore is the closest to that. If you hit someone with a 5.56 round, they actually go down. Playing the beta of BF3 showed me that they do not have that feature, unless it was added for the full game and not beta.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

no, ps3 is better.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

BF2 = jets and choppers

I honestly dont remember jets, what map they were on?

BF has always been about squad based tactics and military strategy.

Amen.

There are jets on many, many maps.

Dalian Plant
Daqing Oilfields
Dragon Valley
FuShe Pass
Gulf of Oman
Operation Clean Sweep
Wake Island
Highway Tampa

I'm missing a couple.. But yeah, there are plenty jets in BF2.
I'm a helicopter guy myself. Pilot, not gunner.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Im on my way to get mine for PS3 right now, ill be on in about 30 minutes. Anyone want to add me on psn - bunit42000

As for those getting the PC version....I wish...I wish I had a good enough PC to run it

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I like fps at 333 at least... Not 30.. as a console is limited to..

you do realize that the human eye can not detect the difference between 30 fps and 60 or above right? a steady 30fps provides a smooth experience. the game plays great on the ps3, i've spent hours playing the beta, actually probably a few days total, it runs great.

This is correct. I believe the human eye can see 27FPS and no more. While higher framerates will earn you bragging rights they have no practical use.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm a dumb ass. I got the bf3 and Skyrim release dates mixed up, and pre ordered and payed for skyrim thinking it came out today. Kicking myself in the ass for that one.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Play BF3 with 3D glasses while smoking while making love to girlfriend =

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
if you want to talk graphics we all know minecraft is where its at

How are the SMGS in BF3 can you still shoot for miles with them?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I remember playing battlefield 1942
it was great.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Graphics are nice but gameply is what counts. Not many games have that nowadays.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Lol, well I set the thing to hard, ultra everything and went for the campaign mode. Done with single player already. Was worth the playtime, not sure if worth the money.

Pretty scripted, but even so- yeah the graphics in most parts are badass. But I tend to prefer games with a good long campaign. The "Hard" difficulty setting isn't hard enough. Haven't tried coop or MP yet. Need a break. Frostbite 2 at ultra looks about the best I have ever seen in some maps. The lighting is like whoa. Most textures superb. The tank battles very cool. Air battles cool too. Chaff works to stop heat seekers, maybe too well.

Overall, the graphics are so darn good, it really does help immerse the mind in it. I guess MP is total mayhem...Dunno yet.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

This game, like BF2, is meant for the multiplayer.

The campaign is just basic training for the thinking, reacting real people you'll be playing against.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

gulf of oman, the chinese oil plant one, and 1 more i forgot

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Not on consoles :/// And its not easy to find this info, for some reason.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

hmm i never played BF2 on the consoles, just the PC and I stuck to the maps with choppers or jets, not all had them though. I also had to use the map pack hack that set all the maps to the max 64x64 grid to stop flying off the map.

Started campaign last night, not digging the quick action scenes but yeah, it's all about multi. And let me tell you, multi looks IDENTICAL to single but bigger, better and more badass.

psn=phishybongwaters

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My preferred class is medic and engineer, I hear they changed the classes up though, I'll be on xbox tomorrow if anyone wants to squad up

"CATWEASEL v2"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join