It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

patriot act's secret interpretation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I was watching a youtube video and have no idea what they are talking about in this video when this senator talks about the secret interpretation of the patriot act. Can someone fill me in on this and I think it will be a great rabbit hole to traverse in a group fact finding expedition!

Why would they be denied the right for a FOIA request if it "Law" or is there other papers that were not shown to the congress? I would like to ask Ron Paul about this....

AND when did we start passing secret laws??????????
I will be trying to find out more info like this gem
more info

and this is from a law blog that I find is reputable lawfare
the actual petition to the dept of justice

The newest patriot act as of 2006 as found on the us national security website

Undoubtedly I have a junkload of material for you to read so far but here is one from
NY Times

So, I admit I don't have the answers and just stumbled on this tonight. I am just a step ahead of most ATS members because I have read this stuff but I am still pounding my head trying to figure it all out!
edit on 25-10-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2011 by agentblue because: why do i even bother making threads when this is already covered on ats!!? I just done a search and found that there is already threads on this subject

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I notice they mentioned the assassination of Anwar al-Awlaki in the video. That particular incident has nothing to do with the Patriot act.

That case is all about the 14th Amendment of the Constitution which guarantees a US citizen cannot be denied life, liberty or property without due process.

HOWEVER, the citizenship clause in the 14th Amendment states that you can have your citizenship revoked through actions that demonstrate desire to give up national citizenship. Including acts of treason or serving in any armed forces against the United States.

So if Anwar al-Awlaki had his citizenship revoked on those grounds, the Due Process clause of the 14th Amendment would not apply. Revoking his citizenship in this manner doesn't even require legal process because it is considered as a voluntary revokation.

join