It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sky Was On Fire!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by BioSafe
reply to post by OldCorp

Hello Old Buddy.
Looks like we were hit with a nice geomagnetic storm registering a 6.33 on the Kip index. Being at the 45th parallel you’re probably around the Gaylord area. I’m hovering at the 41st. We had a nice display but I am sure not as spectacular as yours. Looks like it was a simple M class flare but haven’t determined that conclusively. I was enjoying the show earlier with a wonderful bourbon.

Directly east of Gaylord, on Lake Huron.

How about that. (must be near Alpena) Ill be in your neck of the woods this coming June for a week of R&R and hopefully some good fishing on Drummond Island.
Keep looking up. Too many folk only look at their toes
edit on 25-10-2011 by BioSafe because: (no reason given)

It's the middle of bow season, and it's a small town. I expect to run into the Nuge at some point. I'd be out hunting now, but my son wanted a guitar for his birthday so I sold my bow to pay for it. I still have my rifles though, and rifle season is just around the corner. 50 deer per square mile baby.

I'd give anything (almost) for an elk tag. But with 70,000 people applying for 100 tags I don't stand a chance.

edit on 10/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I saw the same thing in south eastern Wisconsin last night. It looked like a massive blood red glowing cloud around 8pm central time. I have never seen anything like it. There were pillars of light everywhere that looked like search lights in the sky. It only lasted 15 mins and then it went away. Absolutely amazing!
edit on 25-10-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I saw the same thing in south eastern Wisconsin last night. It looked like a massive blood red glowing cloud around 8pm central time. I have never seen anything like it. There were pillars of light everywhere that looked like search lights in the sky. It only lasted 15 mins and then it went away. Absolutely amazing!
edit on 25-10-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

I saw the same thing. I'm was driving from Madison, to Columbus, not too far from you. It was incredible. I can vouch for everything you described, it was nuts!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wish they were seen all over California. That would of been cool. I always wanted to see them and they look so cool. This is so unfair hahahha.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just did a little digging and found this on Google.

www.detnews.com...

Truly beautiful. Perhaps someone could embed the video.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
These were from Colorodo (i didn't take them)

Here are some from Michigan where the OP is...be sure to enlarge them...just beautiful!
www.mlive.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join