It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally committing to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have followed so many of the ATS topics for years and years now, but I never was in a position to devote much time to reading and writing on a forum. Well, now I currently have a bit of time, seeing as how I am currently one of those 99% people who are having employment troubles, so while I am not searching the web for jobs, I am indulging in one of my hobbies: conspiracy theories.

Some things that might be important for people to know.....I am first and foremost a writer and I get alot of the ideas for stories based off topics I run across in the threads.....I do not plagiarize anyone here on ATS, I would be ashamed to do such a thing, as a writer I take pride in my own words and it would be disgraceful to take some else's words. However, I admit, people on ATS can be very inspirational to me and stimulate my own creativity.

Also, I do not take these conspiracies seriously, they are mostly for entertainment purposes, but I never rule out the possibility that many of these topics could be truthful. Some I am more convinced of than others, but most of all I think it is important to keep an open mind and consider all possibilities.

I also think it is important for others to challenge my theories, just the same as scientists test each others theories to see if they hold up under scrutiny, so should a good conspiracy theory be able to hold up under scrutiny as well.

So go ahead and challenge me, but make it a good challenge. I will not think too much of insults, taunts and other nonsense. Critical debate is great, it allows me to see another's perspective...it broadens my own perspective......but BS does me no good.

Finally a bit of background, My dad worked for the government for over 30 years as a GS and now he is a contractor working mostly in Pakistan and Colombia. I lived in Guantanamo Bay back in the 80's when I was a kid and Germany as well. I traveled to many places in Europe and the USA. I speak fluent German, and spent a total of 20 years in Germany. I am married to a soldier and I have a older brother who is a Benedictine priest. So it should not be a big surprise why I am attracted to conspiracy sites ; )

I have an AA degree in German with European studies concentration and a BA in English with a minor in humanities. My original major was international relations with a political science minor, but I switched schools and figured I was not cut out to be a cut throat politican, so I went the liberal arts route and even though I can't get hired to save my life, I do not regret my decision to switch majors. I love to travel, experience other cultures, and I love art, fashion, music and literature of course. I dabble in philosophy, religion, ethics,spirituality and social issues. I enjoy chemistry and physics, but I am not educated enough to really understand those subjects the way I'd like to. Anthropology and history are also fascinating to me.

I think there are many great people here on ATS and I look forward to having many thought provoking and spirited conversations and hopefully learning a thing or two ; )

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Hi Mijamija, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Hello Mijamija

Watch out for Nixon! He's tapping your phones!!!

Welcome aboard and good luck!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll be right back, once I pick apart all my phones....; ) I think that is one of the funnier and not so funny aspects to conspiracy theory..

Some people can have a good laugh with this stuff and kinda put things in some sort of workable perspective so that they can function, despite the heavy nature of some of these posts--I mean really god forbid if all this stuff were true......it would be a nightmare.

But there are some people who do take these things super serious and get pretty ticked when people do not take it all as seriously as they do. So I try to be respectful to these kinda ATS members, because I know how sensitive some guys are, and I am not intentionally trying to upset anybody!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I read through the rules and was pretty impressed with how strict they were.....no naughty words, no political attacking, no soliticing, no spamming, I must use English.....I guess these are some of the reasons why ATS seems a bit more professional than some other forums I have visited ; )

join