It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Atlanta Mayor to revoke executive order allowing Occupy Atlanta to stay in Woodruff Park

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
sounds like the police are treating peacefull patriotic Americans like livestock . Best for them to get some video showing what thay are doing to a comon american excersizing the right to FREE spreech. Not i have my permit now so its legit or I am in the free speach zone now so we are good.
FREE speach can happen anywher anytime! and right to assemble
but realy get some video and try and post that stuff evrywher shine a bright light on the coruption and wathc the roaches surry hahaha runn away little cockroaches we see you scurrying little buggers you

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks for that reminder of why we have the right to peaceful protest the only problem is that now we may start to see the ugly truth of who the whores in power actually cater too.

Time for us the people to challenge the whores and make them respect the constitution.

Private interest money has clouded their minds.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it looks like the mayor would rather have prostitutes, johns, junkies, drug dealers and muggers occupy woodruff park instead of honest americans looking to change the system.

Yep, cause we KNOW there are none of those types of people among the squatters, right.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

The story the mayor is telling is only 75% percent true! There is clear propaganda being slung here and now, we are sitting here being boxed in the park by metal fencing. I repeat, they are fencing us IN the park.

quick version: the mayors office put the hip-hop festival in a tail chasing situation the night before it was to kick off. the chief of security was required to be an APD officer, and the APD officer in charge, was barred from doing security. the form of payment for the permit for the show was paid for in the form of a check and the payment was accepted, then 2 days later, the city said that the payment form was invalid.

One last time, at this moment, we are being boxed in the park, and police presence is growing by the minute...

why the hell are they treating us like murderers or wild animals???

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Flag for the cause.

There is something happening in America. There is a lot of activity brewing in The Movement. Be careful out there. Live strong. Stay strong. Be strong. One People.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

OWS if they are serious about their unformed protest need to be carry a copy of the amendments, so when they are approached by the law they can open their amendments and read their rights. This probably will stop them from being forced out( which they need to stay until arrested) get theri attorney adn fight it to the supreme court.
What the government is doing is cutting of all areas we can proptest, and this in itself is against our rights to protest. Who the HEck are they to change and alter rearrange and fit our rights into theri agenda? they are merely useless people with mad intention.
I do wish OWC got theri act together. They are protesting in the wrong place. It is the whitehouse and allits criminalas that need protested afterall it is they who like their special provessions for theri states (tax payer money) it is them who allow the lobbyist to put the almighty dollars infront of them that creates the decision. It is congress that thinks the poor can live in subsudized housing with pick and choose health care. It is them who think we middle and lower income families are lazy and worth les.. Yes Wall Streets greedis rapping the heck outta americans and the worlds ecojnomies, but it is the government allowing it. Occupy Government. "Yell at them, Leave our house we dont want you theri anymore" they will hear us even if a protest at the white house was set back a mile or so.
Also for this radical idea, I have a comment, look at the past few countries that took out their leaderships, they start with no leadership and withina bout a year have replaced the peadreship. The farmer keeps farming, the stores will open, industry will continue to make the goods, life keeps going, but it is going without the tyranous corruption we live with each and every second of every day.
Occupy White House...Change em all...president down to senate, down to congress over to the hosue of representatives, ALL OF THEM

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by upstairsjim

So what's your excuse?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Kinda wish those people against OWS would kindly go occupy a suicide booth.
Guess its the 98% vs the 2% then?
edit on 25-10-2011 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

After you.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

How are things currently?

I see Joe Beasley has called for the Mayor to stand down, what is the current state of play? Keep safe!!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

waiting... we've had between 100 and 200 police officers surrounding the park since yesterday afternoon.

Senator Vincent Fort has been on site daily, as well as ex city councilman Derrick Boazman, and a few civil rights activists and leaders from the local atlanta area. we have a lawyer on site, and a couple more stop by at the crucial times (10:30pm - midnight) to see if something will happen. it's been kind of tense today since the Oakland occupation got ousted.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I will have to respectfully disagree. The law serves us not one bit. Following the law will make sure that you dont cause waves or get noticed. The exact opposite of what a protest is about. What would have happened if the million man march would have just stayed to the permitted area? As martin luther king jr. said "never forget that everything Hitler did in germany was legal"
The laws are not here for your and my protection. It is there for their protection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join