It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk about a crappy night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Those of us women who hold down the fort while the husband is off working during the week should be able to sympathize with me, especially military wives who's husbands are gone 80 % of the time. We know where everything is and where it should go, because we've put it there. We have our own system. and it works.

As much bitching as I do when I'm wishing hubby had a 9-5 job, so I don't have to be in charge of every single thing, things get off kilter when he's home and it disrupts the system. Not his fault for wanting to help, and really not my fault just because he doesn't know my system, but this is what happens frequently and sometimes, it's enough to make me feel like I'm gonna lose it. Trying to be helpful, he accidentally dumped a bag of dirty (and I do mean dirty
!!!!) cat litter into the water softener.

I use the empty bags when I clean out the litter box because they are heavy and won't rip apart. He saw a half full water softener bag that I had set outside for the garbage and decided to help me out by dumping it in the water softener.

I just wanted to cry!

Guess what I spent all last night doing?
Pic or no pic? Too much of a visual??

edit on 24-10-2011 by Schleprock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'm sorry to laugh but my father was in the Navy and he WAY over compensated when he was home. Seems like he's trying to make up for not being there. It's honest. It can be funny as hell though too.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
LOL!! I managed to keep a straight face until the picture, then I just lost it.
I'm sorry, I really shouldn't be laughing, but I just can't help it...Sometimes that's all you can do when situations like that happen.
I'm kind of curious though, how could he not know it was dirty litter in the bag? I've cleaned litter boxes before, and it's hard to miss the smell.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
LOL! Either you can cry, or you can laugh about it.

My husband does the same nutty things when he tries to "help"....the sad part about that is, we are both retired, he is ALWAYS HOME, and he STILL doesn't know my system.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Schleprock

"I use the empty bags when I clean out the litter box because they are heavy and won't rip apart. He saw a half full water softener bag that I had set outside for the garbage and decided to help me out by dumping it in the water softener"

Hehe we do this also in our work , constantly use differnt chemicals in differnt bottles
but we always use a permanant marker to label it as such , just incase some unsuspecting foe comes along hehe

But yea i hear ya about having a system and what not lol

looool , wish i was there to see the expression on his face!

i bet he is a good guy and really feels terrible and foolish about it .

perhaps tonight you can put on that cute little black dress with the heels make him a steak dinner and then some dessert
to make him feel better !

he did just come back from serving and protecting! lol

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr

I'm kind of curious though, how could he not know it was dirty litter in the bag? I've cleaned litter boxes before, and it's hard to miss the smell.

Your guess is as good as mine.

The bag is several layers of thick paper and it was rolled down kinda like a paper lunch bag that's full. I guess he just
tipped it up over the softener and dumped it without paying much attention. Then he comes looking for me with steam
pouring from his ears like it's my fault. lol

If any of your hubby's are like mine, whenever they make a mistake, it's always our fault. Or is it just mine who sees
it that way?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That sucks! How on earth did you ever get it out?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

How can he be blamed for his mind being "somewhere else"?
How can you not be mad for your man not being with you enough?
Don't take either out on him, it's not your guys fault.
Enjoy those fleeting moments when you are together.
Tell him how you feel about all that pent up stuff.
Just tell him. Say, I'm mad because I love you and I miss you and the damn army (or whatever) has you and not me. Shake your fists and cry and hug him, and then ask him how he feels.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Damn that is one really good side of the story...

Bet hes one good story to tell aswel.

Equal.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Considering there was already about 120 lbs of salt still in it, combined with 20 lbs of cat litter, it was pretty heavy. I brought the dolly in the house and with the help of my daughter, tipped it enough to where we could get the dolly under
neath it and we slowly rolled it out the door and about 350 yards through the grass and dumped it. Once it was empty, I thoroughly cleaned it with bleach several times, brought it back inside and then filled it with the 3 full bags of salt I had left. I could of asked hubby to help, but I really didn't want to look at him at that point in time.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

How can he be blamed for his mind being "somewhere else"?
How can you not be mad for your man not being with you enough?
Don't take either out on him, it's not your guys fault.
Enjoy those fleeting moments when you are together.
Tell him how you feel about all that pent up stuff.
Just tell him. Say, I'm mad because I love you and I miss you and the damn army (or whatever) has you and not me. Shake your fists and cry and hug him, and then ask him how he feels.

I didn't say it was his fault. But it wasn't my fault either. Things happen sometimes and it's no one's fault.
Who said I was mad that he wasn't with me enough? Or that I was mad because I missed him?

I said sometimes I wish I didn't have to have the sole responsibility of running the household by myself and if he
had a 9-5 job, it wouldn't rest on my shoulders alone. I was upset it happened, but who wouldn't be? Things like
this happen, you get upset at the time, then get over it. We don't dwell on this kind of stuff or we'd never have made it
so many years. And yeah, now we can laugh about it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Damn that is one really good side of the story...

Bet hes one good story to tell aswel.

Equal.

I can't wait until I hear him tell someone about this. I am certain his story and mine will be totally different and you
can be sure his version will be much more interesting than mine.. lol

" She held onto that empty salt bag, just waiting for the perfect opportunity. She filled it with cat crap and waited
patiently, ready to pounce. With video camera in hand, lurching in the darkness, the second I dumped that bag
of crap into the water softener, she jumped out of the shadows, flipped the light on, and began filming all the while
cackling like a crazed woman. "

Yep... I can see it now...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If I was able to stay home while my wife worked all week, I think I'd let her do pretty much anything she damn well wanted...

Seriously, you're very lucky in this day and age, that you both don't have to work to support the household.

And no, I'm not saying housework and taking care of the kids isn't work...it is...but it is work with a lot more personal satisfaction, freedom, less stress and pressure, etc.

So, don't take it for granted!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I wish I could stay at home, but I work a full time job and take care of everything in the household. I'm home at night,
but he's not. He's a weekend husband.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My girlfriend and i do this stuff all the time. I'll clean up, then find out later i put something in the wrong spot and its been "missing" for weeks.

new topics

top topics

join