It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best/most creative movie monsters ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
With the release of AVP, I was reminded of how original and interesting the creatures from Alien and Predator are. What do you consider the best non-cgi alien/monster creations ever?

Alien-Geiger's alien
Predator-Predator alien
Pumpkinhead-Pumpkinhead
Hellraiser-Pinhead/Chatterer
Nosferatu-Nosferatu (simply classicly creepy)
An American Werewolf in London-Werewolf (because of the transformation scene)
The Thing (remake)-What ever the hell that alien was

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
John Carpenter's re-make of The Thing is tops in my book.

You list was excellent. To it I would add: the bodies (and parts) from Re-animator and the extra-dimensional creatures in From Beyond

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
I would add: the bodies (and parts) from Re-animator and the extra-dimensional creatures in From Beyond

If we are covering Lovecraft movies then the variety of creatures in Dagon were, although not the best, but quite creepy never the less.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Very good list

The aliens from Carpenter's The Thing are tops for me, they looked great, they were detailed, and were creepy. Anyone would jump if they saw that in their bathroom.

Then of c ourse we have the Alien, and the Predator and the Alien was the one that had the best job done on it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I always liked the Gremlins. I always wanted to watch two fight and bet on it, kind of like a Gremlin cockfight.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I totally give the list two monstrous thumbs up, but would like to add those damn lizard aliens from the "V" miniseries. Back when Delta Burke was still hot, and as the fake human skin pulls back revealing the mice eatin' lizard babe underneath, well it shocked the crap outta me when I saw it in highschool.

Also though it's old and kind of cheesy I'm going with the creature from the black lagoon.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Your meaning to "movie monsters" are like any monsters, Right?

Well I like "kitty" & "mike" from Monster Inc.

Does that count?

*boo*

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfektLie

I have to say Godzilla, its connotation to nuclear power that is out of control of human hands always had me thinking.

I was going to make a new thread but found this one which will serve nicely

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Without mentioning those already mentioned, I'd have to say the Cloverfield Monster is pretty badass looking (and just a freakin' baby looking for its mother according to the writers, imagine an adult sized version....holy crap)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I always thought the Kraken from the original "Clash of the Titans" was kind of cool.

The killer flying balls from the "Phantasm" series are simple but awesome. The killer dwarves in those films are also kind of freaky.

The bugs from "Starship Troopers" are some personal favorites.

Does anybody remember the sea monster from "Deep Rising"? That thing was awesome.

Or the demons from "Demon Knight" with the weird bent legs.

Maybe the creatures from the "Feast" series, whatever those things are.

The clown from "It". I'm not even afraid of clowns but that thing was just plain creepy.

The aliens from "Pitch Black". Like a mix between a hammer head shark, a scorpion and a lion. Those were cool.

All of the creatures from the "Tremors" series. I'll admit, the flying ones were a little lame. But the worms were cool and the heat sensing walking ones were ok.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I still think the design of E.T. is sheer genius.

It's revolting, yet cute at the same time, and of course, back in the early 80's, was a marketing sensation.

It was a very original take on an alien, and completely believable in the film.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
John Carpenter's re-make of The Thing is tops in my book.

I saw the preview for the new version of The Thing, and I was just shaking my head asking "why?".:shk:

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The monsters from Alien were fairly un-original if you ask me. A big lizard type of creature with long teeth isn't unusual though the acid for blood was pretty good.

I may be outside the realm here but I'd say one of the best monsters in movies was Hannibal Lecter.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
I always thought the Kraken from the original "Clash of the Titans" was kind of cool.

Another example where the old version eclipsed the new CGI version.

Harryhausen ruled!

Peace

top topics

join