It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA wants grandma's moonrock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Exactly - so people are able to examine them - whereas you said that they don't let anyone do so because they would all find out they are terrestrial.

As I say - you know that's not true and yet you keep claiming it.

Plus of course there's the thin section ones that are lent out & returned too....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I haven’t finished reading all the post yet.
But why are smart people (nasa) so dumb? If i was them and i wanted that rock, it would have been better and quieter for me to just buy it, than to get thugs to go and get it, making so much noise and cause my hunt for the rock to go public.

edit on 25/10/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Exactly - so people are able to examine them - whereas you said that they don't let anyone do so because they would all find out they are terrestrial.

As I say - you know that's not true and yet you keep claiming it.

Plus of course there's the thin section ones that are lent out & returned too....

The NASA guy who is running this "sting operation" Is he trying to live out some sick personal fantasy by scoring this big bust?

Joseph Gutheinz, a University of Phoenix instructor and former NASA investigator who has spent years tracking down missing moon rocks, said prosecuting Davis could prove tricky.

Gutheinz said he recently learned that NASA did not always take good care of lunar materials.

What that means is Gutheinz admits that Richard Nixon's lunar sample gifts required that inventories "revised" by 1975, audit's of moon rocks caused controversy in 1979, there were reports of stealing from the moon rock vault by NASA employees that were not investigated.

Gutheinz job for all these years is to bag up all these missing moon rocks... to cover up the fact... they are terrestrial in origin.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Why would they care so much about a rock the size of a grain of rice?

It probably contains some nanograms of Element 115

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
so why is it ok for neil armstrong to be giving these things away?

Why not, if I walked in the midst of ayres rock and picked up a funky red stone, I'll be damned if some government thugs come along and steal it from me - it's akin to them saying they OWN it when even the Aborigines state that the mother earth owns them.

Despite the people who run the place now, stating that you can't walk on it without paying... sheesh, have your cake and eat it ?

I guess if I were to magically fly to the moon and collect rocks, It'd be considered stealing? Who owns the moon???

Unless they have a case whereby nasa claim ownership of any items transported by their vehicles. but then, why wait till now?

Gah, I must be going senile... things just make less and less sense to me... god it's easier in the bottom of a bottle...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
its not moon rock

Neil was never there AS WE ALL KNOW!

no links no nothing!

4th line

Can you people stop talking like you are the be all and end all, much like I should stop saying there is no GOD? I'll play fair if you do...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
They dont want yall finding out the moon is made of cream cheese after all!

For a rice sized grain, you'd certainly need Rice crackers!! Oh boy, that's a plethora of funnies all in one, and I can't even start !!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I haven’t finished reading all the post yet.
But why are smart people (nasa) so dumb? If i was them and i wanted that rock, it would have been better and quieter for me to just buy it, than to get thugs to go and get it, making so much noise and cause my hunt for the rock to go public.

EXACTLY! They didn't want the rock, they wanted to discourage the trade in rocks. If the point were to seize the material to keep people from examining it, as certain members are claiming, they would have quietly paid her off to prevent the publicity. Instead, they "busted" her in the most dramatic way possible.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

EXACTLY! They didn't want the rock, they wanted to discourage the trade in rocks. If the point were to seize the material to keep people from examining it, as certain members are claiming, they would have quietly paid her off to prevent the publicity. Instead, they "busted" her in the most dramatic way possible.

yep, and I'm sure every nursing home in the country currently have many old people frantically stashing their little trinkets so they don't get raided by SWAT.
The rest will never look at law enforcement with a smile again.:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Every year there is a really huge minerals & fossils exhibition in Germany and some years ago they even offered little moon rocks (tho expensive as hell), so I don't get why NASA is after such a tiny rock

edit: Aw sorry, it's obviously about the moon rocks from the Apollo missions...

edit on 25/10/11 by Dalbeck because: contentual mistake...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I wonder if you could tell me what percentage of moon rocks NASA supposedly brought back have actually been loaned out or given away??

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I wonder if you could tell me what percentage of moon rocks NASA supposedly brought back have actually been loaned out or given away??

German wiki says:

Während der sechs Apollo-Exkursionen wurden 2415 Proben mit einem Gesamtgewicht von 382 kg gesammelt, das meiste davon durch Apollo 15, 16 und 17.

Translation: 2415 samples with a total weight of 382 kg were collected during the 6 Apollo missions. Most of the samples were collected in the missions of Apollo 15,16 and 17.

Just to add: I couldn't find any source telling how much actually had been given away by NASA but I think 382 kg aren't that much just to give it away...
edit on 25/10/11 by Dalbeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Just to add: I couldn't find any source telling how much actually had been given away by NASA but I think 382 kg aren't that much just to give it away...

True but I heard the vast majority is still locked away..
I don't see much point in bringing the stuff all the way back from the moon just to sit in a closet..

It has been 40 years now...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

yep, and I'm sure every nursing home in the country currently have many old people frantically stashing their little trinkets so they don't get raided by SWAT.

The idea is to get Russian Mobsters and Oil Sheikhs not to trust one another. By the way, when was the last time you smile at a cop?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

True but I heard the vast majority is still locked away..
I don't see much point in bringing the stuff all the way back from the moon just to sit in a closet..

It has been 40 years now...

And most of it is still there, awaiting new techniques of analysis, which would not be the case if they just gave them out willy nilly.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

And most of it is still there, awaiting new techniques of analysis, which would not be the case if they just gave them out willy nilly.

A lot of new technology has come out in the last 40 years..

Exactly what are they waiting for ??

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The idea is to get Russian Mobsters and Oil Sheikhs not to trust one another. By the way, when was the last time you smile at a cop?

Bit of a wasted post...

I smiled at a cop yesterday..
Everyone gets a smile from me until they do me wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Okay, now lets see what exactly Nasa is getting thier panties in a wad over. Is it in the content of the rocks or is it just Nasa being childish saying ... "Mine, mine, mine".

I have in my personal collection a rather large piece of the 'Appollo 15' heat shield. Now officially this piece was assumed to have fallen off on impact during the capsule's splashdown. If thier concerns are in the contents of said rocks then my collection stays intact but if it's for thier personal greed and selfishness, I'm sure that they will find a way to contact me.

Let's see what happens.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They're waiting for someone with fresh tech to request a sample. Just because Sayonara" keeps repeating "locked down" doesn't mean you can't request a rock. Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

They're waiting for someone with fresh tech to request a sample. Just because Sayonara" keeps repeating "locked down" doesn't mean you can't request a rock. Sheesh.

So can you tell me what percentage has been released in total?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join