It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA wants grandma's moonrock

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

NASA wants grandma's moonrock

www.politico.com

A 74-year-old grandmother who was the target of a NASA sting operation to uncover a piece of lunar dust said the incident was so frightening that she lost control of her bladder and was left with bruises from rough handling by federal agents.

In an Associated Press exclusive, Joanna Davis said the moon rock – which the wire says is smaller than a grain of rice – was given to her husband by Neil Armstrong in the 1970s, and she was trying to sell the item to take care of her sick son.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hosted.ap.org

+90 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's depressing to admit that Federal agents roughing up a 74 year old grandma over a rice sized moon rock does not surprise me. It disturbs me though, so I must still be human right?

Neil Armstrong gives her husband the moon rock in the 70s and she tries to sell it to take care of her sick son and Federal agents raid her house. I have seen murderers get arrested with less of a struggle.

And they say people are jealous of our freedoms, what a joke. It's looking more and more like Nazi Germany every day now.

www.politico.com
edit on 24-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
probably fake, like the moonrock Neil Armstrong gave to Holland.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
so why is it ok for neil armstrong to be giving these things away?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Why would they care so much about a rock the size of a grain of rice?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't know brother, there are a lot of moon rocks on sale in ebay. Check yourself :

www.ebay.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
It's depressing to admit that Federal agents roughing up a 74 year old grandma over a rice sized moon rock does not surprise me. It disturbs me though, so I must still be human right?

Neil Armstrong gives her husband the moon rock in the 70s and she tries to sell it to take care of her sick son and Federal agents raid her house. I have seen murderers get arrested with less of a struggle.

And they say people are jealous of our freedoms, what a joke. It's looking more and more like Nazi Germany every day now.

www.politico.com
edit on 24-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

jajaja yes, and recient invasions are supposed to be to give others "freedom and democracy" just like that one. Beating old ladies and "imposing freedom". Nice.
Good to give a second thougth about some external policies ain´t it?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

so why is it not ok for neil armstrong to be giving these things away? i mean he is the one that went to outer space right? that's like me going on a vacation and telling me i can't bring back souvenirs for my friends.
first - F you for thinking you can tell me i can't do that
second - i'm gonna do it anyways.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Armstrong denies ever giving anybody lunar material.

MSNBC NASA moon rock sting terrifies elderly woman

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
so why is it ok for neil armstrong to be giving these things away?

That is a good question that I haven't thought about yet.

My concern was why is this little rock such a big deal?

I have a feeling this was all due to government bureaucracy and the usual lack of thinking that comes with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Thanks for the link

This part of your source stood out to me.

But at the end of the sting operation, agents were left holding a speck of lunar dust smaller than a grain of rice and a 74-year-old suspect who was terrified by armed officials.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just another fine example of how our government is comprised of immoral, stupid, and common sense lacking A$$ Hats.

I am sharing this from my accounts on all the viral sites. I hope the exposure at least puts the thought in people's minds that the Fed is really evil. Honestly, I can take them stealing my money (It apparenly belongs to China now anyway) but roughing up Granny?? Come On! I hope she sues for the money she needs AND ownership of the moon grain too!

link   
Well NASA went to all the trouble faking the moon landings they are not going to worry about roughing up an old lady to keep the whole thing secret. The lunar meteorites on sale at ebay are probably real while that bit of dust was obviously fake.

edit on 24-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Armstrong denies ever giving anybody lunar material.

Correct. The "Moon Rocks" for sale on E-Bay are lunar meteorites, chunks of the Moon that were blasted into space millions of years ago and fell to Earth. NASA insists that the lunar samples returned by the Apollo missions are government property and cannot be sold. They are a "National Treasure" like the copy of the Constitution in the Library of Congress. They are being particularly hard on this woman to discourage a black market in stolen Moon rocks. Many rocks cannot be accounted for by their recipients already, which suggests that such a black market already exists. One of the drawbacks to such a black market is that counterfeits will undoubtedly be introduced, casting doubt on the authenticity of the genuine ones.
edit on 24-10-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Why would they care so much about a rock the size of a grain of rice?

That's interesting to me as well. What is so important about rocks from space that they have to be forcefully removed from the people paying for the very same government that stole it from them?

Because of this, I have always thought there is some common evidence in (some?) moonrocks that somebody doesn't want us to know. What this evidence could be for is an unknown of course, but ruffing up a 74 year old lady like a mafia henchman is definitely evidence enough to me that something is going on and it merits some public attention and investigation.

This is not the first time stuff like this has happened over a recovered meteorite or some other object from outside the atmosphere. In fact, its happened all over the world, people were jailed for years in the middle east over this.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
its not moon rock

Neil was never there as we all know!

no links no nothing!

4th line

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autodidactic
probably fake, like the moonrock Neil Armstrong gave to Holland.

Armstrong didn't give anything to the Dutch Museum - The Rijksmuseum - it came from US Ambassador Middendorf - and what he gave them wasn't moon rock at all as has been shown recently.

The "goodwill" rocks were all thumbnail sized pieces mounted with a flag of the country they were given to.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Correct. The "Moon Rocks" for sale on E-Bay are lunar meteorites, chunks of the Moon that were blasted into space millions of years ago and fell to Earth. NASA insists that the lunar samples returned by the Apollo missions are government property and cannot be sold.
Good comment.

If you wanna buy and sell moon rocks, just trade in the lunar meteorites. They shouldn't hassle you for those. In fact if you travel to Antarctica you might be able to find some just lying around...I understand they tend to show up on the ice and snow, but you have to be able to brave the temperatures.

Of course they exist elsewhere too, but they won't show up like they do in polar regions where the rocks you see on the surface may have come from the sky.

So, did Neil Armstrong tell the truth when he said he didn't give anything to anybody and does that make grandma's rock a fake anyway?
edit on 24-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
NASA has made a desperate attempt to recover all these missing lunar samples.
NASA is desperate and putting Keepout Zones on the Moon to protect Apollo heritage sites.
NASA has fired 4 astronauts for taking a few envelopes into space (Scott, Worden, Irwin, Swigart).
NASA has sued Ed Mitchell for bringing back a camera that was supposed to be destroyed on the moon.

This is how a governmental department operates when it has secrets. This is not how an open government operates. What is NASA hiding on the Moon?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Watch Apollo 18, there's no Black Market for moon rocks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join