It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government making attempts at land grab in Montana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
H.R. 1505, the Rehberg Land grab

This is a Land Grab, plain and simple. If you read the bill, it takes away our rights to access millions of acres of Montana public lands. It hands those lands over the Department of Homeland Security, who can fence it off, end timber sales, install surveillance equipment, use unmanned drones, and deploy “tactical forward operating bases.”

We are talking a major push for millions of acre's here in my home state of Montana in the name of "national security". They even use the term "tactical forward operating bases" in the bill itself. Look for yourself and see the ploy for the Federal Government to take even more American freedoms under the guise of "security".

I don't want security. I want freedom.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

"tactical forward operating bases"

In Montana!?

What the hell's up with that?

... one of the most central of land-locked states in the nation

Maybe they're looking to secure or dismantle Frank Zappa's Dental Floss Farm.

I'll have to look further into this one, as that's just nutZ

edit on 10/24/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: link to the tune

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am seriously disturbed by this. How much as Americans are we willing to give up in the name of "security" before we truly are owned by the Federal Government. News stations in Montana disgust me as they rarely bring things like this up. They'd rather talk about what new sandwich is at McDonald's than the important stuff...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
People should be paying special attention to this one.
Anyone thinking they'll stop there?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just called Rehberg's office and told them to relay the message that "I am disgusted with Rehberg". The guy on the phone told me that there was a new amendment to the bill I probably wasn't aware with. I told him "No amendment could make this bill any better other than getting rid of it entirely"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So, are they saying that Montana or the US for that matter is going to be a battle ground for things we are not privy to as of yet?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Nuts is an understatement "Tactical forward operating bases" Department of Homeland Security" never put much stock into the D.U.M.B.S. and "FEMA CAMPS".

But i see no sense or logic in this action sounds like a great place to hide something nefarious.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
H.R. 1505, the Rehberg Land grab

This is a Land Grab, plain and simple. If you read the bill, it takes away our rights to access millions of acres of Montana public lands. It hands those lands over the Department of Homeland Security, who can fence it off, end timber sales, install surveillance equipment, use unmanned drones, and deploy “tactical forward operating bases.”

We are talking a major push for millions of acre's here in my home state of Montana in the name of "national security". They even use the term "tactical forward operating bases" in the bill itself. Look for yourself and see the ploy for the Federal Government to take even more American freedoms under the guise of "security".

I don't want security. I want freedom.

They have been trying to take that land for the UN for a while now. I don't know if this is just another stealth move to take the land and turn it over to the UN. The World Wildlife Federation was involved in land grabs for the UN under the guise of protecting it for the environment.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
I am seriously disturbed by this. How much as Americans are we willing to give up in the name of "security" before we truly are owned by the Federal Government. News stations in Montana disgust me as they rarely bring things like this up. They'd rather talk about what new sandwich is at McDonald's than the important stuff...

It's amazing our politicians keep selling us down the river like this. So many are tied into the conspiracy on some level. I think big money buys them out so they think they are safe from the encroachment. The utter selfishness.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I just don't understand why washington is so concerned with the canadian border as compared to the mexican border...the bill states as thus "PROHIBITION ON IMPEDING CERTAIN ACTIVITIES OF U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION RELATED TO BORDER SECURITY." What certain activities? We don't have an influx of crime spilling over the border from canada...just an influx of tourists...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

After reading your posts looked it up and came upon Agenda 21 and the current potus signed that WHRC could be related and let the speculation continue.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I know a lot of people I know are totally shying away from traveling to the US. this year. It will put a dent into any increased tourist traffic.
All I can safely say is that I see, at the neighbors place they are eating the elephant one (state)er.. bite at a time.
Peace!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Had another thought here another thing that fit's here is that China is going around buying up other countries resources so it only stands to reason steal land from the people sell it to the Peoples Republic of China.

Lot's of things fit here take your pick.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They amended it so that it would allow legal hunting on said land...but many of us still see it for what it is...with any luck this won't pass...but I wouldn't put it past our government, and Rehberg for that matter, to allow this to happen without listening to what the people think...Rehberg is so out of touch with his own constituents it's not even funny...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Why are these a$$hats so hot and heavy to militarize our northern border, but turn a totally blind eye to our southern border? I'd have to say they should have to give us some good justification before any of this goes through.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Nuts is an understatement "Tactical forward operating bases" Department of Homeland Security" never put much stock into the D.U.M.B.S. and "FEMA CAMPS".

But i see no sense or logic in this action sounds like a great place to hide something nefarious.

it's funny you mention this I suppose...Montana is already one of the most densely populated states for nuke silo's...and there is plenty of room to hide so much more out here that I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't already a few things hidden out here...i've gone through about half the state, easily more, and you'd be surprised how many government fences you'll find...just a thought though

new topics

top topics

join