It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: A rally against common sense from the “Mommy told me I’m special generation”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
Thought you folks might get something form this link, to add to the discussion

clashradio.com...

Your use of the word 'discussion' leads me to believe that you think yourself to be at least as intelligent as supporters of the OWS movement.

You are mistaken.

Your complete inability to understand what the OWS movement stands for indicated to me that perhaps your parents were cousins. A truly intelligent person would understand the oppositions point of view even if they don't agree with it.

You display no such knowledge about the OWS movement.

Open your eyes... The world is changeing around us...

Why do OWS types always resort to personal attacks? Does not indicate intelligence. Just immaturity and lack of ability to defend a position. JS

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

Perils of the two party system...
It's pretty obvious with what is happening in Washington right now some of the major problems with the two party system. Both sides harp about the constitution and our founding fathers, yet in reality, our founding fathers never wanted nor developed our government for the two party system.

America's political system as set up by our Founding Fathers had no political parties or factions. It wasn't that they didn't know about political parties, but that they were unwanted. When looking at the factions of Europe, our Founders didn't like what they saw - political intrigue, conspiracy, and hostile divisions. They were afraid that such a system would rip apart the Union. They hoped that in free elections it would be natural for the best men to rise to the top and be elected to office. That is why before the rise of political parties the man with the most votes was president and the man with the second most was vice-president. We have been sold into believing that there are only two viable parties because it is much easier for those within those two parties to control and hold power.

Look at the steps that have been taken by those two parties to prevent a third party from gaining power both on a federal and in some states, on a state level. This is a purposeful act to prevent having competition. So the choice we are left with is, Republican or Democrat. You are told to vote third party is "just throwing your vote away" and many americans are buying that sell.

The very thing our founding fathers feared, political intrigue, conspiracy, and hostile divisions is happening right now. In addition one party has gained a clear majority of power that was never intended, and was infact one of the main things to be avoided. Money rules the outcome not who is the best man or woman anymore but in the majority of cases it is who has the most financial support. The whole system is designed to permit corporations and organizations to have more power and influence than we do. We have become for the most part a nation of sheep not willing to vote for individuals anymore, limiting our options. We also have sat back and allowed these two parties to take away our freedom of choice when it comes to political candidates.

We seem to have forgotten that we are the real source of power and have forgotten what our founding fathers warned us of.

To quote George Washington in his farwell address:

All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.

However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

Towards the preservation of your government, and the permanency of your present happy state, it is requisite, not only that you steadily discountenance irregular oppositions to its acknowledged authority, but also that you resist with care the spirit of innovation upon its principles, however specious the pretexts. One method of assault may be to effect, in the forms of the Constitution, alterations which will impair the energy of the system, and thus to undermine what cannot be directly overthrown.

....Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally.

Rest of article and source: liberalcommonsense.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

NO The American People are waking up and getting real jack arse tired of our government bailing out the banks, the rich, and leaving the common man the tab.

Go to this post by ISHAMAGI here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hate that we are slaves to money.
I hate that wages from my labor are used to kill people everyday.
I hate that 47% of our budget is allocated to war machines.
I hate that people volunteer to kill people they don't know.
I hate that people believe without questioning.
I hate that any one religion claims superiority.
I hate that any person believes he/she can judge another.
I hate the bureaucracy.
I hate that I need a passport and must pay tolls.
I hate watching our community's slowly disintegrate.
I hate the air and water pollution.
I hate nuclear power.
I hate eugenics and all the idiots who believe in overpopulation.
I hate that people empower false scarcity.
I hate that originality is scarce and everything is a pathetic copy of a copy of a copy.
I hate that mass marketing has hipnotized everyone into consumerist zombies.
I hate living to work and pay bills.
I hate that our kids will have it worse than us.
I hate corporate welfare and non taxation and person hood.
I hate that most people are so shallow.
I hate that commitment and loyalty are meaningless these days.
I hate that until the system is destroyed and rebuilt it will only get worse.
I hate racism, nephetism, and dogma.
I hate watching those I love die or disappear.
I hate that 90% of us in this system need some type of drug just to Ger by.
I hate my ability to hate.

But most of all, I hate waking to the reality of all this every mourning and doing it again. Perhaps I am the idiot like maybe 2 billion others caught up in this supreme nonsense.

Yes its depressing, in fact its more than depressing its soul sucking creativity thieving frustrating crap. Don't worry I wouldn't do anything rash. I too have been conditioned, violence isnt the answer, right?(yeah cause it may work). Just suck it up let the cancer eat you from the inside out (yea GMO'S). Make sure the kids are ok (damned as well).

Now listen closely to what Celente has predicted...............much of what he has warned us about has come to pass.

Also, RESEARCH...........If you read two books read Naomi Wolf's two books, "Give Me Liberty" and "The End of America".

You've been warned.

No on the fence, revolution, if and only if enough people get the guts and fire in the belly, revolution is coming.

We had one in 1776 and another one is long over due.

If we end up under a corporate dictatorship, you have only yourselves to blame if you did not put down that remote, fictional novel, video game, ipod, cell phone and all the other distractions and get out there with your fellow human beings and protest.

You've been warned..............the train is coming. Your choice, remain and wait for the cattle cars to come get you and your kids or resist.

Occupy Wall Street is a beginning movement to resist the tyranny that has corrupted our government with corporate bribes.

It's time to take back our country.

It's time to honor by the people, of the people and for the people vs by the corporations, of the corporations and for the corporations (and the handful, the 1%) that own them.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
One cartoon says it all...................

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don't forget the 53% out there!

the53.tumblr.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Don't forget the 53% out there!

the53.tumblr.com...
That site really illustrates the sad grueling waste of life our system is. These people must be looking forward to death, whether they believe in an afterlife or just an end to the pain. There are so many of us, yet we put ourselves through the system. All we have to do is unite and live together and provide for each other. Instead, we feel like it's our duty to suffer in isolation and are enraged when someone tries to escape. I know why it's this way. I think you do to. I think not being able to admit it lends to that frustration.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by radosta

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69

Thought you folks might get something form this link, to add to the discussion

clashradio.com...

Your use of the word 'discussion' leads me to believe that you think yourself to be at least as intelligent as supporters of the OWS movement.

You are mistaken.

Your complete inability to understand what the OWS movement stands for indicated to me that perhaps your parents were cousins. A truly intelligent person would understand the oppositions point of view even if they don't agree with it.

You display no such knowledge about the OWS movement.

Open your eyes... The world is changeing around us...

Why do OWS types always resort to personal attacks? Does not indicate intelligence. Just immaturity and lack of ability to defend a position. JS

Personally I find personal attack a satisfying way to communicate with people that seem to be unable to comprehend any point of view apart from there own.

Any questions?

Go and ask your aunty mum.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join