It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: A rally against common sense from the “Mommy told me I’m special generation”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am almost entirely sure that the protesters are there because of THE WAY banks have made their money, and what they continue to do with it, rather than simply the fact that they have made large amounts of money.

They are not protesting wealth and prosperity, they are protesting greed, corruption, and the collusion of political officials that have allowed them to continue the practices that have bankrupted this country.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Bravo OP. You're right for the most part and the points where you might be a bit wrong are only due to the variables between the western countries.

I think that one major thing that's happened is that the earnings v's time of the middles class has been deliberately reduced. Sure we make more money then our grand parents or parents did but our grand parents and parents money was worth more because their time was worth more in relation to their cost of living. And I'm not refering to inflation I'm meaning that somewhere along the line it was decided that when the average worker exchanged time for money (which is what working is) that our time was worth less money so what our grand parents or parents took for granted as buying the house and the big car has become harder.
edit on 25-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011Simply The main point is that we the people are not being represented by both party’s on the hole they a bought and paid for. so all we can do is take to the streets an let them know that we know ,there is no way to vote our way out of this problem until they stop the money influence, and they will not do that do to there greed and power hunger

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Let's be real about this.

Nobody is going to get lynched...
edit on 25-10-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Maybe...

Maybe not.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is great! Never expected such a response. I thought some of you might benefit from the following link:

www.foxnews.com...

It's short and easy to read. And, most importantly, I found it on a Fox News site, which I know most of you will respect and appreciate. Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

Nice freaking pathetic. It is an essence of current propaganda, be a #ing slave.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here is some more complimentary reading for you folks:

jroycroft.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
God help us! This should be the topic that 90+% of the people should be on the same side. We are such a divisive country that we cant all agree that we are getting f******! Come on people, get over your ego's need to always be right and lets come together to fix this cause our politicians won't!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Excellent post...thanks for so eloquently expressing the flagrant hypocrisy that seems to define OWS. You can add Michael Moore, Alec Baldwin and Nancy Pelosi to the list of Richy Riches that appear to have immunity from OWS, despite their wealth. And what about Obama's ties to big Wall Street money?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
This is great! Never expected such a response. I thought some of you might benefit from the following link:

www.foxnews.com...

It's short and easy to read. And, most importantly, I found it on a Fox News site, which I know most of you will respect and appreciate. Enjoy.

AHHH YES... The most common view point held by the comfortably ignorant.

And if there are no jobs?

What then?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
These are fellow Americans flooding the streets to bark their truth at power... its what happens when dictators of destructive & deadly foreign / monetary policies can't be ousted by voting, While mocking the peoples will.

The people cant vote away wars / occupations, get rid of a congress that embraces "no corporation left behind" / too influential to fail.

Being silenced at the voting booth, leads to taking it to the streets.

Divide yourself now on message boards, which is fine.. but when it's you and strangers on the street if/when the final "us Vs them" SHTF scenario hits.. you'll be hugging these very same ripe hippie people as a fellow average person on your side.

Well, in a fantasy world maybe.
History proves you 100% wrong. If anything, these movements lead DIRECTLY to actual authoritarian rule(as opposed to the relative freedom and comfort you now enjoy). Seeing as I've never met a single person under 30 who has ever known anything about history, this silly notion that this movement is unique is not surprising.
Mobs begin to eat their own until a charismatic leader or group emerges who easily manipulates their very malleable brains. They usually even believe the leader/group has their best interests at heart until it is too late. Or they are eventually co-opted by establishment forces and used to further private agendas.
Please educate yourself.

Although, unlike other movements where the "underclass" was actually living in misery (instead of not having their perfect job or free everything), this particular movement will fade rather quickly. The Populist movement of the 1890s was much more significant and lasted for years. It accomplished very little and was pretty much co-opted and betrayed by the Democratic Party. And those people didn't even have ipads, flip phones, and trendy hipster clothing as well as expensive piercings and very expensive, ironic tats.

Unfortunately, OWS zombies are proving the Orwellian maxim true that ignorance is strength. Not only are many members not denying ignorance , they are bathing in it like Scrooge McDuck in gold.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Although, unlike other movements where the "underclass" was actually living in misery (instead of not having their perfect job or free everything), this particular movement will fade rather quickly. The Populist movement of the 1890s was much more significant and lasted for years. It accomplished very little and was pretty much co-opted and betrayed by the Democratic Party. And those people didn't even have ipads, flip phones, and trendy hipster clothing as well as expensive piercings and very expensive, ironic tats.

Unfortunately, OWS zombies are proving the Orwellian maxim true that ignorance is strength. Not only are many members not denying ignorance , they are bathing in it like Scrooge McDuck in gold.

I don't know where you are getting your information from my friend but 1 in 4 children i the state of california now live in poverty.

Are you blind and stupid?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
no mind the critics...for they were/are not the ones giving voice to the 90% who desire more than to be wage slaves for the 10%...!
no matter how 'un'ordered...the spirit of this movement has inspired people around the world in many ways with a vision of sovereignty...!
remember - some freedoms from an 10% is not the same as the 90% being truly free!
∞LOVE∞

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
reply to post by nightbringr

Thats just silly.The protesters are not 'machine breakers' .Technology is our friend.They are not like the 'Luddites'. We are going forward not backward.We will seize the technology and ensure that it is used for good instead of just for profit.Make sure it isnt held back.Make sure it helps the many,not just the few.We will take it all.We will ensure that corporations are in the public interest.And that goverments serve the people.The people are not protesting technology.Tesla new we could all have free energy but J.P. Morgan wanted to know "where can I put the metre?" They could have had steam power in Rome but held it back because they prefered slaves.The protesters are not hypocrites,they can see that they are slaves is all.And there is no need for slaves.Technology should be our slave and it should be in the hands of us all.It should not be used to control us and exploit us.

Wouldn't refusing to use or boycotting the corporations products and services suit the protesters goals better? Do you not see the hypocrisy of protesting a manufacturer for producing products in subhuman conditions in China, all the while sending emails on their smartphone? If your going to take a stand, do somthing substantial and make a difference.

I have no idea why you say these products make us slaves. They do nothin of the sort and no one ever forces you to buy anything you don't want to. If you have a iPhone, it's because you couldn't go without one. That's no ones fault but your own.

edit on 25-10-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Father standing on front porch say to wife; “There goes our son…raised to be a free thinker and stand on his own. And now with a college degree, he’s off to join Occupy Wall Street carrying a Kill the Rich Sign. Mother say; “Change the Locks dear”

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

I was going to write something however you seem to have summed it up just nicely.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

WE WILL HAVE REFORM EVEN IF IT COMES TO ARMS!!!!!!!!!

This, my friends, is the REAL end goal of these "peaceful" demonstrations. It's no accident that we are hearing it more and more frequently.

Make sure those arms are clean and your powder is dry - I assure that mine will be when you come to take what little I have left.

See you in the Tall Grass.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
God help us! This should be the topic that 90+% of the people should be on the same side. We are such a divisive country that we cant all agree that we are getting f******! Come on people, get over your ego's need to always be right and lets come together to fix this cause our politicians won't!

Then why weren't the OWS folks at the Tea Party rallys?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was born into this system and doing the same s**t everybody before me has done won't change a f***king thing. Doing something is better than doing nothing, even if it means a bullet in my head. I'm depressed all the time because of the stupid greed-based misery humanity bathes in. 50,000 starve to death every day and people in first world countries get pissed off when a grocery store is out of their brand of soda? What the f*** is wrong with you people? Do you care about anything?

F*** having money I would give up everything I have to join a group that travels the world supplying renewable energy, food and water technology to people that need it. I won't be happy until every man, woman and child on this planet has the ability to live a life without fear of starvation or marauding gangs with government supplied weapons. If I owned a multimillion or multibillion dollar corporation I would keep only enough profits to pay for food and shelter. The rest of my earnings would go to helping anybody in need.

Peace or death is the way of humanity and greed will be met with force because it goes against the path of least resistance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join