It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: A rally against common sense from the “Mommy told me I’m special generation”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The school system is rigged to support the status quo, BELIEVE ME. Nepotism gone mad......

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

edit on 25-10-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

My guess is they are trying to change the real world.

Why have a conspiracy websight and complain and point fingers and encourage people to revolt and then when they do revolt you still manage to complain and point fingers and criticize them for their uprising and their attempt to make a difference by telling them now to sit down, shut up and to stay the same as they ever were.

When they go home you will be back on line telling them to revolt in the streets again.

I see one group that wants to get rid of the government and the other wants to stem the flow of the super rich, who are manipulating the government to their own advantage at the peril of the rest.

You are on the get rid of the government side I presume.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Supposedly the protests are against a small elite that are making too much money.

Actually I don't think the protests are against these people.

The protest are against this rigged SYSTEM that permits the disparity, inequality and unfair advantage to the most wealthy - while disadvantage, injustice, inequality, poor education and lack of opportunities are offered to the rest of the country - in the first place.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

My guess is they are trying to change the real world.

Why have a conspiracy websight and complain and point fingers and encourage people to revolt and then when they do revolt you still manage to complain and point fingers and criticize them for their uprising and their attempt to make a difference by telling them now to sit down, shut up and to stay the same as they ever were.

When they go home you will be back on line telling them to revolt in the streets again.

I see one group that wants to get rid of the government and the other wants to stem the flow of the super rich, who are manipulating the government to their own advantage at the peril of the rest.

You are on the get rid of the government side I presume.

Amen!

Finally someone who knows what the hell they are talking about, the hypocrisy on here is absolutely unbelievable (coming from a member who actually left their computer chair to DO SOMETHING, unlike the rest of these arm chair revolutionaries).

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Give me a freakin' break.

Way to go, labeling people of MY generation like this.

Let me guess, you're on the side of the banks/bankers?

Dear ATS pessimists/Tea Partiers-in-disguise: GROW UP!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Thank you for that breath of fresh air, I was starting to think that ATS is only populated by paid individuals who undermine the movement for the benefit of their employers, im not kidding, it becomes really obvious when things start to heat up. TOO OBVIOUS some might say

ETA: I may have stuck around longer than I initially intended, but I just can't get over some of the people that post here, unbelievable, we're having a right laugh.
edit on 25-10-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

So when the police kill a "black guy", it is ok to destroy private property? If that happened in one of the US states that recognizes the 2nd amendment, you can bet your bum that a lot more dregs than that "black guy" would have been killed. By law abiding gun owners rightfully protecting their property and personal safety.
reply to post by radosta

Oh do spare us the "If that was in the US" high horse buffoonery.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
When the police beat the living @#$% out of you, remain calm and limp.
You are their training for rounding the human cattle to the FEMA camps.
Do not rebel.
Show the world how to be a good prisoner and remember to follow all the rules.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by radosta

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by nightbringr

I almost starred you because I agreed with everything you said up untill you said, the protestors will be lynching people next. You and I both know that isn't going to happen, why post extreme and unlikely scenarios?

Yeah. These folks are not exactly what you'd call intimidating.

You're right. The majority of them couldn't spook a kitten. There are, however, those among them who advocate the employment of violence, and there are even some who have demonstrated a propensity for violence - the Unions come to immediate mind, but they aren't the only ones.

If a spark lights, the whole thing will go up in one big emotional blaze, and I'm willing to bet that there are those involved who are banking on that very thing happening.

I'll even bet a week's pay that there are those out there getting everything set to light that spark.

As I've said before, if OWS wants to be perceived as "non-violent", they'd better grow a pair and police their own ranks - before the rest of the population has to police the ranks for them when a major conflagration ignites.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

the Economic Sovereignty of the Planet Earth,

What does this phrase even mean?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I agree with a lot of your points. But thats not going to be my point.

My point is this...

We are all getting screwed together, and while getting it on, the world is burning because of infighting.

and ATS- Enough with these personal back and forths between two people. Why cant people just make their point and move on? #### on your own time and give other people a chance to make the thread good instead of making it look like two school girls fighting online.

Ok Im done. You wont hear from me again on this thread unless I have to come back and defend my logical position.
edit on 25-10-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
So when the police kill a "black guy", it is ok to destroy private property? If that happened in one of the US states that recognizes the 2nd amendment, you can bet your bum that a lot more dregs than that "black guy" would have been killed. By law abiding gun owners rightfully protecting their property and personal safety.

Behave yourself.

53 people died during the LA riots. I doubt that most of those were killed by ''law abiding citizens''.

The English riots originally kicked-off due to allegations of heavy handed policing which resulted in the death of a man from an area of London where distrust and hatred of the Old Bill is high. It then started spreading to other places, and just became a free-for-all for all the idiots up and down the country to carry out criminal acts without a serious risk of being caught, due to stretched policing.

I don't think the all the rioters necessarily had an ''entitlement complex''. I think it shows just how many people only stay within the law because of the potentially negative personal consequences for their actions. When it's virtually anarchy, then all the criminally minded come crawling out of the woodwork.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

You only have to read the financial pages to understand what OWS is really about..

The last few years have seen economic disasters one after the other culminating in the GFC..

Oddly, the ones you'd have thought would have lost the most, the 1%, have actually increased their net value..
This money came from somewhere, from the 99%..

The rich are corrupt, well not all, and are running the Government through lobby groups and backdoor deals..

It is time for the 99% to take back their "fair" share..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
An absolutely ridiculous OP and some of the most uninformed, stupid and blatantly dishonest responses from people too.

This whole thing is fascinating... It's really interesting to see people trying to bring down a movement, a movement that COULD change the world.

Must be scary I guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It is important for us to realize, that our government is throwing money at problems in a futile attempt to fix things that can't be fixed. That same money they are throwing away, should be used to cushion the upcoming financial crash. It is bad enough that we will be dealing with these horrible financial troubles for a long time...but it is much worse that we are wasting the one thing that could ease the transition from "rich" to "poor". Much like when a bad storm is coming, you buy food, water and gas...you don't throw money at some "witch doctor" that promises to stop the rain...because you will be left with the storm AND no supplies to make it through.

So why is the government doing this? Because it would be political suicide to prepare for the worst. But as usual, the political "solution" will be the death of us. It is more important to the liberals to "look good" than to help anyone...and Obama is no exception. Just keep watching as they throw our "nest egg" out the window, crying "I tried".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Since the onset of the OWS movement, there have been but a handful of threads that show the true nature of the protests- this is not one of them.

No, this thread belongs to the truckload of threads that have some nitpicky, illogical and incorrect argument about how OWSers are whiny babies who have nothing to say.

Amazing how Faux news says almost exactly what the OP says about the subject.

Coincidence?

If we do not put aside these labels of Conservative and Liberal, and soon, we will be a witness to a new Civil War.

Find a way to support your local revolution, Tea Partiers and OWSers alike,

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

It is important for us to realize, that our government is throwing money at problems in a futile attempt to fix things that can't be fixed.

You think??
I think they are throwing "taxpayers" money exactly where intended and that's into the hands of their mates..

IMO they are NOT trying to fix anything..
All they are doing is pumping as much money into the hands of the rich as possible before the final crash..

The rich are using that money to buy up assets which will be the only thing of value when the system crashes..

All just opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

This is what the OWS is protesting against:

The financial meltdown cost U.S. taxpayers more than $20 trillion.
As investment banking and record profits escalated from 2000-2007, a massive housing bubble was created which saw mortgage lending quadruple and housing prices double.
In a three-year period (2007-2010), housing prices dropped 32% and 6 million families faced foreclosure for the first time.
In one year’s time, unemployment doubled from 5% to 10%.
The CEOs and top executives with the financial agencies most culpable in this crisis, received massive compensation packages and bonuses. In one instance, the head of Merrill Lynch, Stan O’Neil, received a $161 million severance package after Merrill Lynch was purchased by Bank of America.
Financial companies started selling risky bundled securities to clients and then secretly bet against their legitimacy to their own benefit.
No one involved in the 2008 financial meltdown has ever been prosecuted, all have been able to keep and retain their compensation, and many of the highest profile individuals received positions in the Obama Administration after the crisis occurred.
All of this was seemingly avoidable.

Source

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

when it's you and strangers on the street if/when the final "us Vs them" SHTF scenario hits.. you'll be hugging these very same ripe hippie people as a fellow average person on your side.

How much money are you willing to put on that?

If you make it worth my while, I might even start playing the stock market again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join