OWS: A rally against common sense from the “Mommy told me I’m special generation”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+54 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Supposedly the protests are against a small elite that are making too much money. Except of course the exceptions (Al Gore, George Soros, John Kerry, and Tim Robbins). They are not a problem. I guess Derek Jeter and Tom Brady are off the hook also.

As are the goons who smashed things in the UK and took thinks that were not theirs. They are just acting out their frustrations. And, as long as it’s not your property or money being taken, well it okay.

In reality, Westerners are not complaining about having food, shelter, clean water or a reasonable expectation to health care. These are things that people throughout history would have rioted for, and have rioted for.

At the turn of the century, you were lucky to live past age 60 or so, and you didn’t even dream about retiring at age 55 or 60.

The reality is that most Western governments are near bankruptcy and have resorted to all sorts of schemes and methods to keep the boat afloat, Housing is not longer a good investment, money cannot be saved in any reasonable fashion—with near zero interest rates, and the Middle Class are the ones that have been hit the hardest. Not the youth-you didn’t have much to loose to begin with, and not the poor for the same reasons.

The “real” solution to the problem is to: rely on government less, start once again producing our own stuff with a real economy, and start using Nuclear power, drilling in Alaska, and building the pipeline from Alberta into the US. We also have to stop giving fake Solar, wind and electric car companies’ money. If you can’t make it without massive subsidies from government, you have a problem.

For those of you who think this is wrong; where do you think you’ve been sending your money for the last 30 years? You have supported a trillion dollar transfer of wealth from North America to tin plated dictators in the Middle East and South America. They don’t have restrictions, and you do. They have benefited, and you have lost. Andm as much as some of you love to admire them, they have sqandered the money more so that most Western Nations.

We also need to re evaluate the concept taught in every business school ;( Maximize Shareholders value-MSV), as the mantra of business. And, perhaps regulate, de-couple and de centralize certain institutions on Wall Street.

You also don’t have any reasonable solutions. I don’t have a lot of time for someone who flies in a plane run on fossil fuels, drives in a car burning fossil fuels, and goes home to a gas powered house, after lecturing me on ruining the environment. You should go hang with Gore in his energy intensive house that uses 10 x the power of most people in his state.

Otherwise, we will become (maybe too late?) A wimpy Nation that goes around looking from someone to blame. In the meantime, nothing is being done that is going to make a difference. Let’s get back into the real world.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

All great points.

The hypocracy of protesters raging against all that is corporate all the while texing on their cell phones, posting their plans on YouTube and Facebook, then going home to relax while watching the news really riles me up. Its only a matter of time till some of these hoods start pulling rich people from their homes and hanging them.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"As are the goons who smashed things in the UK and took thinks that were not theirs. They are just acting out their frustrations. And, as long as it’s not your property or money being taken, well it okay."

No i think you have mixed up the mini riot over the killing of a black guy by the police and the protestors in central london who seem to be from the raving, love a tree party without a pair of balls between them.

You seem to forget it's not just muggers that take your money but bankers take it and so does the goverment with land taxes but since they write the laws it's all OK then.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
"As are the goons who smashed things in the UK and took thinks that were not theirs. They are just acting out their frustrations. And, as long as it’s not your property or money being taken, well it okay."

No i think you have mixed up the mini riot over the killing of a black guy by the police and the protestors in central london who seem to be from the raving, love a tree party without a pair of balls between them.

You seem to forget it's not just muggers that take your money but bankers take it and so does the goverment with land taxes but since they write the laws it's all OK then.

So when the police kill a "black guy", it is ok to destroy private property? If that happened in one of the US states that recognizes the 2nd amendment, you can bet your bum that a lot more dregs than that "black guy" would have been killed. By law abiding gun owners rightfully protecting their property and personal safety.

I don't think the OP was suggesting that bankers and government are free from blame or against fighting for change. I think he/she is pointing out that the OWS movement is very similar to an annoying, spoiled kid having a temper tantrum. They don't seem to get that the majority of Americans are just kind of shaking their head. The frustration is there for just about everyone, including the majority of those who work in banking and finance. But, whining about it while demanding things for free and trashing city parks at taxpayer expense is the best way to make people think you are just kind of pathetic.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I almost starred you because I agreed with everything you said up untill you said, the protestors will be lynching people next. You and I both know that isn't going to happen, why post extreme and unlikely scenarios?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I almost starred you because I agreed with everything you said up untill you said, the protestors will be lynching people next. You and I both know that isn't going to happen, why post extreme and unlikely scenarios?

Well, some of the folks within and supporting the OWS HAVE threatened to hang or kill the "wealthy" and Michael Moore said something that tipped off more of the violent rhetoric. Non violent for now and violent if demands arent met. You can google it.. and more.
Not so unlikely out of certain factions within the OWS.. there is no consensus to be violent by all participants, so all can not be condemned for it.. but yes.. these things have been said and have been supported. Unfortunately.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Special generation?

You mean like this guy?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Yeah. These folks are not exactly what you'd call intimidating.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
Supposedly the protests are against a small elite that are making too much money. Except of course the exceptions (Al Gore, George Soros, John Kerry, and Tim Robbins). They are not a problem. I guess Derek Jeter and Tom Brady are off the hook also.

[...]

You also don’t have any reasonable solutions. I don’t have a lot of time for someone who flies in a plane run on fossil fuels, drives in a car burning fossil fuels, and goes home to a gas powered house, after lecturing me on ruining the environment. You should go hang with Gore in his energy intensive house that uses 10 x the power of most people in his state.

Otherwise, we will become (maybe too late?) A wimpy Nation that goes around looking from someone to blame. In the meantime, nothing is being done that is going to make a difference. Let’s get back into the real world.

I think you make some good points, although the first point I think is a non point (except for maybe George Soros) because those people are not Wall Street CEO's, who are the rich people that OWS is protesting. I also do not know why you are necessarily saying that OWS thinks these people are okay.... have they stated that, or are these just some rich Democrats that you decided that OWS supports because OWS has some left-leaning tendencies? (If they have stated these things, I will be corrected)

Also, OWS is not about the environment. It is about Wall Street, so I think this is also a non-issue at least in terms of OWS. For many lefties, this is a huge issue, but it is not a very big issue for OWS, who are simply trying to stop corporate influence on politics. I am sure some of them have probably talked about corporation pollution of the environment, which is huge, and you are right that it is bad when people are hypocritical. Seems to me a lot of the OWS people are the bike riding sort though. Just not sure that this is an issue for OWS.

Lastly, I think it is unfair for you to say that the OWS is simply looking for people to blame without finding solutions. OWS is playing a big part in making this issue very public, and then the people who are actually in positions to make a difference (legislators at lower levels, small business owners, activist groups) will use the momentum gained in the country to start making real change. I hate when people say that protesting is just talking, because it's not, it's about creating momentum and support for a movement. We would never make a difference if people didn't realize a change needed to be made, which many Americans still think. So what OWS is doing IS part of the real world.

Some of the other things you said were great, and I am sorry I spent my whole post basically disagreeing with you. I thought it would be more important to have a discussion about places where people might disagree with what you are saying rather than just agreeing. Thanks for at least saying all these things.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I disagree with some of what you said. I also agree with some of what you said. This is the way I see it.

They say there is no focus of ows, they all want their own thing, lower college rates, etc....

What no one is saying though is EVERYONE in these protests are protesting the financial system in one way or another. The media will never say it like that and most of the protesters might not know it themselves.

You say even the bankers and ceo's are frustrated with it. They don't have to take the obscene amounts they do while laying off the little guy for msv so are they frustrated as they go to deposit these amounts at their own accounts?

+64 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I don't think you have made any great points at all, in fact, I would say that you are woefully unprepared for the mental feats of comprehending the delicate balance of economic forces in this world that are deliberatley being co-opted against the Economic Sovereignty of the Planet Earth, so in that idiom, allow me to refute each and every so called "Point" that you committed to text:

OWS: A rally against common sense from the “Mommy told me I’m special generation”

First off, The topic of this post speaks volumes of your own sense of superiority over other people, and how necessarily wrong you are in asserting your "Moral High Horse" as a legitimate soapbox for espousing your rhetoric.

Actually (as opposed to Supposedly), these protests are against the malfeasance of corporate lobbying that has conspired to remove the representation of the people to the government for the explicit purpose of increasing the wealth of a relative few at the Complete Expense of Everyone Else on the planet.

As are the goons who smashed things in the UK and took thinks that were not theirs. They are just acting out their frustrations. And, as long as it’s not your property or money being taken, well it okay.

So, all protesters are automatically (as one would assume your implied meaning was to assert) criminal vandals and thieves.

Nice Logical Fallacy....

In reality, Westerners are not complaining about having food, shelter, clean water or a reasonable expectation to health care. These are things that people throughout history would have rioted for, and have rioted for.

In reality, Westerners are not complaining about a lack of food, because We keep out Wannabe Tyrants in Check with Constant Protesting, Demonstrations, and occasionally, Revolutions.

This is how a nation remains Free... by thwarting the plans of those who desire our servitude.

As opposed to your belief that Freedom is the default, inherent, and unimpeachable condition of human beings on this planet... You actually have to EARN it, by defeating those who desire perpetual slavery for you.

At the turn of the century, you were lucky to live past age 60 or so, and you didn’t even dream about retiring at age 55 or 60.

So, you are implying that we have Tyrants to thank for the medical advances that increased our life expectancy?

Because I was under the impression (An impression formed by Correctly perceiving reality without the Bias that you seem to be suffering from) that these advances were the result of free market medical advances that were only possible under a Governmental system that did not encourage the concentration of all benefits to a small clique of ultra wealthy people.

The reality is that most Western governments are near bankruptcy and have resorted to all sorts of schemes and methods to keep the boat afloat, Housing is not longer a good investment, money cannot be saved in any reasonable fashion—with near zero interest rates, and the Middle Class are the ones that have been hit the hardest. Not the youth-you didn’t have much to loose to begin with, and not the poor for the same reasons.

You are apparently under the impression that No longer having a Future is some sort of Blessing.

I assure you, this is not the case.

The REASON that the Western Governments are in Economic turmoil is that these Ultra Wealthy Elite have hijacked the Treasury for their own personal Profit.

Thus, our gross economy has been siphoned away from the general nation, and population, in order to increase the total power of a small group of wealthy bankers.

You seem to think that the "Youth" have nothing to loose, and yet you completely ignore your prior comments about the Height of the current western civilization and its medical advances.

You seem a bit.... Obtuse in your perspectives.

The “real” solution to the problem is to: rely on government less, start once again producing our own stuff with a real economy, and start using Nuclear power, drilling in Alaska, and building the pipeline from Alberta into the US. We also have to stop giving fake Solar, wind and electric car companies’ money. If you can’t make it without massive subsidies from government, you have a problem.

The *REAL* solution to the problem (as opposed to the "real" solution) is to reduce Government POWER, and remove the Elites over-representation IN our government.

Secondly, Solar, and Wind power are not "Fake" as you seem to believe... they actually produce power, and are cost effective.

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

For those of you who think this is wrong; where do you think you’ve been sending your money for the last 30 years? You have supported a trillion dollar transfer of wealth from North America to tin plated dictators in the Middle East and South America. They don’t have restrictions, and you do. They have benefited, and you have lost. Andm as much as some of you love to admire them, they have sqandered the money more so that most Western Nations.

You seem to forget the constant Trillion dollar wars that we have been fighting, so that Weapon Manufacturers can turn a profit.... so that Oil companies can gain larger reserves of Petrochemicals, and so that the Global banking cartel can keep and expand its monopoly on the issuance (and subsequent loaning out) of all the money in the world.

You seem to have forgotten this.... On Purpose.

We also need to re evaluate the concept taught in every business school ;( Maximize Shareholders value-MSV), as the mantra of business. And, perhaps regulate, de-couple and de centralize certain institutions on Wall Street.

That is actually not just a thing that is taught, that is the LAW, that shareholder profits are the top priority of any liscenced corporation.

This is the result of the Person-hood status of corporations, and not merely a "Teaching Problem"

Just so that you know.

You are now making specific accusations that seem to imply that the Wall Street Protests are synonymous with "Green Peace" or whatever....

It seems odd to me that you would include this specific straw-man in your post, when you started talking about the OWS protests, and now you seem to be blaming a protest against corporate financial and economic malfeasance for "Environmental" concerns.....

Honestly, it's just baffling.

The one thing that is ACTUALLY making a difference in the world, against the Problems of the encroaching Corporate tyranny is the ONE THING that you are attempting to rally people *AGAINST*

And that is the Occupy Wall Street Movement whose aim is to remove corperate influance from the total control of the Government institutions of the United States of America, Europe, and varios other economic powers on the planet.

You would be WELL ADVISED to take your incoherent rambling, aimless insults and straw-men arguments, and general *LACK OF KNOWLEDGE* elsewhere...

Because here at Above Top Secret....

We DENY Ignorance.

Good Day.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You response made me laugh. After claiming that I have a superiority complex, and made assertions that I never made, and a bias that I do not have, you went onto a wildly partisan refutation of your own making. For starters.....

1) Alternative energy is profitable? Where so? How? show me? At this point in time, it is only viable with massive infusions of taxpayers capital.

2) What Law are your referring to in regards to MSV? I have not seen it? It may have become an ill conceived path that certain large corporations have taken in Western society but, it's not something that cannot be altered or fixed. I have yet to see a better economic system in action elsewhere. Can you clear this up for me? What other part of the world under communism, tribalism, or maybe Sharia law would you suggest? I am not a fan of big corporations that put profit first and foremost, but, that can be addressed through specific legislative means.

3) We have revolutions and protest to thank for the fact that welfare recipients in the US are over weight,and can play video games while talking on their iphones?I missed the last couple of revolutions in the US apparently. I'd rather be living in the US than 85% of the rest of the world.

4) The OWL group is heavily influenced by environmentalist. To deny this is dishonest. As they are heavily influenced by Marxist. The damage the enviros do is that they have not solutions to the problems. They want to stop using fossil fuels, but do not have a viable alternative (and no, wind mills won't cut it). It's easy to complain about things like this, but without a viable alternative, the argument loses wind.

5) Tyrants to thank? Don't think I said this. The economic system of the US worked well until very recently. Their is a reason the US has some of the highest quality medical advancements in the world, as opposed to most other countries. It's precisely because the "Tyrants" as you call them, had the ability to make money, invest in R&D and operate in a free market environment. Again, we need to curtail, and decouple certain things on Wall Street, but that is a far step from dismantling the system.

6) Having no future is a blessing? Don't think I said that. But, making sweeping generalizations about business in general and trying to eat the rich , is not going to solve much of anything. Taking control of our energy needs, curtailing big government and business, and taking some personal responsibility is a start.

Many of the people that are heavily in debt, were not forced to buy houses they could not afford, or take out credit cards they could not pay for. They had a lack of self control and are now paying for it. I could have done the same thing, and didn't. I know several people that dug a hole for themselves and didn't follow prudent financial planning. Should their debt be forgiven? (as this group as suggested). Should education be free for everyone? (as this group has suggested).

It's a bit of leap of faith to imply,as you do, that banks, the military and the oil companies are all working together for some sort of grand plan. Politicians are just as likely to play the race or poverty, or economic card, if they think they can get votes.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ultraman2011

Quick question, you say that we need less government....but more regulation...wouldnt that mean more government involvement? And im sorry you are wrong about the poor and youth having nothing to lose. Given how tight money is in most households the youth actually need jobs to contribute to the household or to buy things for themselves their parents cant afford. College students obviously need money for books and other living expenses. Poor people who were barely scraping by before arent making it at all now. Plus, the poor were given the same mortgages as the middle class was and a lot of them lost their houses as well. We are all losing not just the middle class.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
More regulation does not have to mean more government. In fact, it can mean less. The usual path is to higher a bunch of government workers who, in turn, grow and expand and increase the size of government. By having more regulation (eg outlaw robot trading of stocks--as this an swing markets unnaturally), you can avoid having government grow. The laws and rules have to be tightened. This does not mean that we the government has to be bigger, or more involved.

To clarify my other point, lower income people and students did not built up,and lose a lifetime of equity in mutual funds, investment property and such. The middle class did, and now are way behind where they should be in life. Students are not, as they are just starting down that path. They didn't have a lot of to lose. They need jobs (which by taking control of our energy, and manufacturing, as an example, would be a start).

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011

According to WND, Newsmax, Fox News, Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh, et al, sure. But - unsurprisingly - they're wrong and have lied to you; it's about the system that enriches the top at the expense of the bottom. It's about hte corruption of our government with corporate money. If you're wealthy, fine, whatever, that's inconsequential. it's the system of exploitation and the corruption that is in the crosshairs.

utterly incomparable.

Look, I understand that everyone needs to make a paycheck somehow, but your stumping for the Republican party ion ATS won't be terribly effective. Mostly because most people here already votes Republican.

You're painfully ignorant. No, most of that money has gone into the private offshore bank accounts of corporate heads and partners of companies based in the US and West Europe. We give next to nothing ot latin America, and every cent we give to the middle east comes right back to us (we give them money, they buy stuff from us with it)

I thought you were just arguing for less government involvement? Could you make up your mind?

Well, thanks to people like you screaming that we should only use fossil fuels, options for efficient travel are slightly limited. The problem comes down to, well, morons who keep demanding worse and worse conditions for everyone because their buddies in the republicna party tell them they have to or they're "unamerican."

Grotesque ignorance of both our nation and other nations abroad, as artfully demonstrated by you, is probably the core of our problems here. basically you represent a sector of the American public that is stupid to the point of self-inflicted harm. if you don't want to step up and take part in an effort to fix the system, fine, just sit down and watch some reruns or something, and let the adults, the people who know what's going on, address the situation for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You response made me laugh.

Glad to hear it!

For starters.....

/me rubs his hand together with glee.

1) Alternative energy is profitable? Where so? How? show me? At this point in time, it is only viable with massive infusions of taxpayers capital.

That's sort of a weak point to start out on... but ok, I'll bite.

Sunlight is free.

All power plants require maintenance and start up costs.... Solar and Wind do not require fuel.

Check-Mate.

2) What Law are your referring to in regards to MSV?

A corporations first priority is to the increased profit of its shareholders.

3) We have revolutions and protest to thank for the fact that welfare recipients in the US are over weight,and can play video games while talking on their iphones?I missed the last couple of revolutions in the US apparently. I'd rather be living in the US than 85% of the rest of the world.

Are you going off on a tangent? or do you just have trouble focusing on anything for more than 5 minutes at a time?

Let me spell this out for you....

The revolution of 1776 is responsible for the Rise of this Society, and the Technological and Industrial might that came along with it.

Check-Mate 2

4) The OWL group is heavily influenced by environmentalist. To deny this is dishonest.

Citation Needed.

As they are heavily influenced by Marxist.

Citation Needed.

The damage the enviros do is that they have not solutions to the problems.

English isn't your first language, is it?

They want to stop using fossil fuels, but do not have a viable alternative

Citation Needed.

It's easy to complain about things like this

You are the first person that I have ever seen bringing this up, honestly....

Maybe you should explain your position, instead of asking the OWS protesters to explain YOUR position?

5) Tyrants to thank? Don't think I said this. The economic system of the US worked well until very recently.

It did not.

Their is a reason the US has some of the highest quality medical advancements in the world, as opposed to most other countries. It's precisely because the "Tyrants" as you call them, had the ability to make money, invest in R&D and operate in a free market environment.

The Federal Reserve invests in medicine?

I suppose you think that the Tyrants invest in medicine because they are kind hearted, right?

Not because there are a lot of people in the united states that can and WILL pay for advanced medicine?

Check-Mate 3

Again, we need to curtail, and decouple certain things on Wall Street, but that is a far step from dismantling the system.

You are Wrong.

6) Having no future is a blessing? Don't think I said that.

You Implied that the protesters should stop protesting and be happy with what they have.

As opposed to protesting to try to keep it from being stolen.

Check-Mate 4

But, making sweeping generalizations about business in general and trying to eat the rich , is not going to solve much of anything.

Who's eating whom now?

Many of the people that are heavily in debt, were not forced to buy houses they could not afford, or take out credit cards they could not pay for.

And their own personal Debt is what is draining trillions upon trillions from the Federal Coffers, eh?

Not the Wars or the Bailouts that WE have to pay for, that the Banks and corporations start so that they can profit from?

Check-Mate 5

They had a lack of self control and are now paying for it.

"Oops, I borrowed money that I can't pay back... I guess it's ok to *BOMB OTHER NATIONS!*"

You can't be this ignorant....

It's a bit of leap of faith to imply,as you do, that banks, the military and the oil companies are all working together for some sort of grand plan.

Its a bit of a leap of faith to imply that when I said:

ErtaiNaGia
You seem to forget the constant Trillion dollar wars that we have been fighting, so that Weapon Manufacturers can turn a profit.... so that Oil companies can gain larger reserves of Petrochemicals, and so that the Global banking cartel can keep and expand its monopoly on the issuance (and subsequent loaning out) of all the money in the world.

That I really meant that the MILITARY ITSELF was doing this....

It's almost transparent that you would straw-man so soon, and so blatantly.

Politicians are just as likely to play the race or poverty, or economic card, if they think they can get votes.

You mean Campaign Financing, Corporate Airtime for advertising, and Corporate Funds, right?

Because politicians are basically the puppets of these corporate interests.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

That was just... brutal.

Teach me, oh sifu.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

That was just... brutal.

Thank You.

Teach me, oh sifu.

I have always preferred the Senpai/Kohai relationship, to be honest...

And here is the First Lesson:

"The Truth is not the Opposite of the Lie; Comprehension is the Opposite of the Lie."

Meditate upon this wisdom.
edit on 24-10-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join