It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this object? And nope, I dont think it is a alien spaceship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Edit: Had to edit the topic since certain debunkers apparently don't even bother to read the post before they "debunk" something that I never claimed was a alien spaceship in first place.

I am personally a skeptic and rarely post in this thread with exception of debunking chinese lanters, hoaxes and so on.

About a hour a go I looked out my window and saw a huge stationary star like object that flickered like crazy in different colours. Due to some issues with my camera and forgetting memory card in my pc i sadly were not able to capture it on camera.
First i thought it was a star, but then suddenly after a minute or so of observing it standing still it suddenly decided to start moving towards the horizon and got fainter as it moved.

My only theory at the moment is that it could be a airplane or similar that moved towards me which made the illusion that it stood still, but i still cannot explain the way it flickered and being stationary for a minute or more is also odd.

It basically looked like a oversized star which is something it could not have been.

Found this video on youtube and this is as close as it gets to what i saw:

And just to make it clear, i honestly dont think it is a alien spaceship.

I just want to know if anyone got a natural explanation, since i am out of ideas.
edit on 24-10-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That should be all

if not then just swampe gas , mingling with the atmospheric pressure which interacts with chinese lanterns

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
Found this video on youtube and this is as close as it gets to what i saw:

Cant say for your object, but the one you linked on youtube is a star.
Twinkling.
Magnification is large... but its just a twinlking star.

Here is another one...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah I look at these through my telescope a lot, I call them liquid lights because they appear that way to me. It's caused by the atmospheric distortion, and when it's cold out there are more tiny ice particles in the atmosphere, mostly from contrails (chemtrails), and the light from these stars/planets reflects off them and creates this disco ball shimmer. The spectrum of colors vary depending.
amazing-space.stsci.edu...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If only the "UFO" vids could be as clear as the LED kite vids.....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The youtube video you linked to in your opening post has no refference point at all.

This is a problem, because a scintilating star looks exactly like that video through binoculars... this person has most likely filmed a star low on the horizon, where the atmosphere effects light a huge amount causing the jittery constant disco-effect. If this person was filming a genuine "ufo" then they should have captured a refference point to compare throughout the video if this object was moving, or changed position.

Although, i'm not sure if thats exactly what you seen in the video you posted, but i take your word that you say it moved across the sky (suggesting it was not a star or planet). Its hard to say what it could have been.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

This one might have been a star indeed, but that is still the most similar video i found.
But what i know is that what i observed was no star, since not only was it bigger than the most bright stars or planets, but it also started moving after around 1 minute of standing more or less stationary.

I observed it towards north and then it started moving towards east until it eventually faded out and vanished near horizon.

The video is just to show how it flickered. If someone posted a video of what i saw i wold immediately say star myself. I only know that what i saw wasn't, because of it starting to move and the brightness.

Edit: And again i want to make it clear that i am not out after proving anything here. I just want to know if there is a natural explanation that could explain a star like object that flickers, is stationary for about a minute and then suddenly starts moving east.
edit on 24-10-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Where are the stars? This is not even a video of the sky. Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by juleol

Where are the stars? This is not even a video of the sky. Pathetic.

READ the post before you start commenting.
I made it clear in my post that i have no video and that this is just a video to show what the object LOOKED like.
Which is basically like a flickering star, except that it was brighter and MOVING.

Even as a skeptic myself I am kinda getting sick and tired of people who just click such threads to debunk.
I even said in my post that I do not think this is a alien spaceship or anything like this. I was asking IF someone had a natural explanation, since i dont have one myself except for the theory about airplane.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
@ Juleol,

I am kinda getting sick and tired of people who just click such threads to debunk.

Welcome to the club!

They love to do drivebys without even reading most of the posts, yet when a truly baffling case comes along, like the JAL ALaska Flight, or the Ronnie Zamora incident, they scurry like cockroaches.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have a video of something very similar however i think what ive filmed is a planet! unsure atm so ill upload it when i have enough posts to do so

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Comments/Suggestions:

No picture or video of what you saw, in this type of thread, is a killer.

If you say an hour ago-- without giving your viewing location, no one can really help.

When you say it moved toward the horizon-- which horizon is necessary data.

You eventually said it moved east while you were looking north-- which rules out anything celestial. Jupiter is up at night and about as bright as it ever gets, but isn't going to move eastward.

Lastly, why are some complaining about debunking when the OP said he did not believe it was an alien spaceship?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

At least your reply was helpful. I guess i had hoped someone had seen something similar to the description and knew what it was.
It really pisses me off that i was not able to fix my camcorder in time to record it.
Not that i think it would end up looking like anything more than a blob of flickering light.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I read the post. Why use a video that isn't of a UFO to describe your sighting of one? Would, "I saw a big flashing light", not provide the same amount of insight?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by juleol

I read the post. Why use a video that isn't of a UFO to describe your sighting of one? Would, "I saw a big flashing light", not provide the same amount of insight?

Because that video is still the closest thing to the way this object flickered. Stars flicker in many different ways, and this one was one of those that flickered rapidly in what looked like different shades of colours. I would imagine if i had been able to record and zoom into the object it would look about the same.

Like i said it looked like a oversized flickering star but apparenly wasn't a star.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Looks like a light on a post to me..

At the very least i think it is static and the camera is being moved about to make it look like its moving.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

edit on 10/24/2011 by eaglewingz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
Edit: And again i want to make it clear that i am not out after proving anything here. I just want to know if there is a natural explanation that could explain a star like object that flickers, is stationary for about a minute and then suddenly starts moving east.
One natural explanation with no video could be a star observed with autokinesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of human visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move. It was first recorded by a Russian officer keeping watch who observed illusory movement of a star near the horizon.

That might explain it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It moved all the way from north to east from my location in just a matter of 30-60 seconds after it started moving.
My guess would be that it move about as fast as a airplane, but really hard to say since i have no idea about how far away it was.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Looks like a light on a post to me..

At the very least i think it is static and the camera is being moved about to make it look like its moving.

I have no idea about that video, but to me it looks similar to when you zoom in a star or look at it through a telescope if it is a bit out of focus. What i saw looked very similar to the first 30 seconds of that video except that it was stationary for 60 seconds and then started moving at a steady speed towards east.

The video was just to demonstrate kinda what it looked like, since i did not manage to get any footage of what i saw.

If it did not start moving or wasn't that bright/big then i would have assumed that what i saw was a star as well.

new topics

top topics

join