It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified remains Unicorn Mummy ? Discovered in a vintage, wood case ..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

I agree with that unless its a freak of nature ,,Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Of course it is and I like Unicorns so there!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A rat with a snail shell.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hello Cookie!

Real or not it still look's interesting.
Here is the real story of the Unicion.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

Thanks for the video Leo! that made me smile
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We all know that it is a fake but we still have to wonder if such beasts did exist at one point.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mordok9

That is something ive always wondered about there is pictues of them all through history ..Makes me wonder if some of it is true..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Easy to hoax something like this. P.T. Barnum had a famous "mermaid" corpse, which was just a monkey skeleton attached to a preserved back half of a fish. Looked good enough until it was examined by someone who knew the anatomy of these animals.

This would be much easier to do. Take a dead horse fetus and attach a fake horn to its head. Carve one out of bone or ivory and glue it on, maybe make one out of a spiral shell, etc. Very easy to do and would be hard to detect with just a simple visual examination (much less on a very lo resoultion YouTube video). Let an anatomist, or any doctor really, have a look at that horn and where it joins the skull up close, I bet they'd easily be able to debunk it in seconds.

Another thing, a fetus would never have such a sharp, well formed horn on it. It would be a danger to the mother in the womb (actually, it would probably kill her). Animals that naturally do have horns aren't born with them, just little nubs where they will later grow. For obvious reasons, evolution doesn't let animals evolve who grow their horns in-utero.
edit on 10/27/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I rember seeing a picture of P.T. Barnum's mermaid corpse and alot of people fell for that in his side shows ..And i agree with animals that naturally do have horns aren't born with them, just little nubs where they will later grow. Peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join