It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear, College Students of America. Take to the streets! Please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Dear College Students,

Now's your chance! The world is turned upside down and it needs the genius of your youth. Wouldn't you rather be in the streets protesting than in school?

Because you aren't doing any of us any good in school anyhow. Colleges all over the country have been severely impacted by the burgeoning ranks of all of us unemployed adults that would now like to go back to school and you little half-schooled rug rats are in the way.

I've seen the type of work that the rank and file of you are able to produce. I go out of my way to politely ask if I can look at your papers. Believe me; you are all more useful right now protesting in the streets. Go on, skip a year or two. You will be moving off campus back home soon anyway, the way things are going

You see, since everything caved in Fall of 2009 I can't get any kind of registration priority because you little half-wits are clogging up the registration process. 50 of you will enroll for the class and then 25 of you drop it. There are a lot of very serious adults that would like to have those slots so...

Please, take to the streets. Really, think about it. You aren't ready for school anyway. You can barely write your way out of a wet paper bag. Give it some thought; you are definitely more useful taking up space downtown somewhere with your friends. Don't forget to take your lunch and something warm, looks like you will be there a while.

Thanks. If you need any tips on how to handle the cops let me know.

F210.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Frater210 because: ?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Please no !

Please send them to something else !!

They are not equipped to be on the streets protesting !!

please god no ...

not more of this...

they can't get an education in school!

they can't get an education outside of school!!

lol what are we gonna do with these dumb a s s - youtube reseracher protesters!
edit on 24-10-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ha! Actually, I am returning for an advanced degree soon, so let's please include graduate students in this demand!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

You are dead right. I don't know what to do with them either. The first thing that comes to mind is maybe putting them in teams to improve fire breaks and fire roads across the country.

School should be reserved for those past 25 or so. I think America is missing the point by not discovering the huge free labor resource we have in our post high school youth.*

edit on 24-10-2011 by Frater210 because: *Please realize that I am being snarky and sarcastic. I have met some very bright young people and I don't really think any of them should have to work on fire breaks unless they are dying to get in ti the Forestry service (great career path). I am just leg pulling and after reading this thought some might think I am serious. I am not.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
why don't we get the intelligent teens with jobs instead?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
Please no !

Please send them to something else !!

They are not equipped to be on the streets protesting !!

please god no ...

not more of this...

they can't get an education in school!

they can't get an education outside of school!!

lol what are we gonna do with these dumb a s s - youtube reseracher protesters!
edit on 24-10-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

Right 4 protesters are representative of the entire OWS movement

In no way am I defending the OWS movement though. It does not directly affect my life and therefore I take a nihilist stance on the topic of good and bad.

But 4 protestors do not speak for the OWS movement. In fact, no onespeaks for the movement and that in itself could be a problem.

As for the students in college and the adults who actually want to get a degree well I hate to break it to you, but...
by the time you leave school and with your degree you will have accumulated enough debt that it will take double the time to pay it back. And half of that time you are just looking for a place that wont fire and rehire you every 8 months.

IMO, college is no longer a place of higher education. It is a place of lower education. The professors ask less from their students, grade easier, and the majority of them have no educational background. Many of them are researchers for the school. Don't waste your time.

If you care about the movement and are asking others to go protest, I suggest you also protest. If not you could always get an online degree.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

School should be reserved for those past 25 or so. I think America is missing the point by not discovering the huge free labor resource we have in our post high school youth

I went to college right after High School. In High School, I was a straight A student. However, I didn't have the same level of discipline when on my own, and that young. Also, eventually, I had to go work for a living, so I had about two years under my belt, but no degree when I quit.

A few years back, in my 30's, I then went back to school. Got straight A's again, and got my Bachelor's degree. Then, continued on, and got my MBA (still with straight A's).

Good thing too, without a Bachelor's degree, I would have never even been interviewed for the current job I have or the last job I had.

Also, when my current job found out I got my MBA, they gave me a nice 10% salary raise, so that was nice.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok,

Thanks for the inspiring story. Every story I hear like yours is gold to me as I try to get through this.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Good luck in your studies!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is hilarious.

This is sad.

This is true.

I've always been of the opinion that high school students should have to work so many hours at a real job to get a degree and following require so many hours of real world life experience before admission to an institute of higher learning is possible.

A university / college education is not a right nor should it be expected of every recent high school graduate. But kids now are being forced / coerced more than ever to go to college even if they would rather not. It is much better for those in control to get them institutionalized into academia before their brains can fully develop with real world experience. Okay I'll take off my tin foil hat now; but it is still rather suspicious when you take a close look at how things are shaping up.

top topics

join