It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Hotels. Any personal stories? Here is mine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else has stayed at a haunted hotel? This is what happened to me:

I have been traveling a lot this year. I have probably spent over 40 nights at various hotels across the country since January and the year isn't over yet. In an average year I probably spend 20 or so nights in a hotel. I have also lived in an apartment for the past five years that I think is haunted.

Even though I believe my house is haunted and I have spent a lot of times in hotels this year I never once stayed at a hotel that I thought was haunted until last week. I got to spend 10 days at the Mirage Resort in Las Vegas. I love Las Vegas. I try to go every year and for the past several years we have stayed at the Mirage.

Our room faced the famed Las Vegas strip with marvelous views. When we entered the room I immediately felt a little odd like I had received an electrical shock but wrote that off as static since Vegas is so dry. For a few days nothing really happened except for occasionally finding things in the room that were not ours (like a fortune from a fortune cookie layed out on a suitcase), the thermostat was turned way down one afternoon after I complained about always coming back to a warm room, and we had a feeling our stuff have been moved. Again we just wrote it off-probably housekeeping moved stuff, right?

About 3 days into our trip we fell into bed exhausted after a day of walking up and down the Las Vegas strip visiting other resorts and having fun. I just turned off the light and started to say "good night" to my husband when it felt distinctly like someone sat down on the end of the bed. I could feel that the mattress and covers were depressed. I sat up and turned on the light and it felt like whatever was there stood up at that moment. It was freaky. With the light on we examined the bed and could find no reason for the weird sensation of someone sitting on the bed.

The next thing two things that happened occurred when I was alone in the room. We had a small soft sided suitcase sitting on a shelf and it had sat there all week. Something caught my attention and I looked up from the document I was reading to see the suitcase jump off the shelf. It didn't tumble off but seemed to jump UP, into the air, and then fall down. It startled me but not knowing the nature of the "person" who was haunting the room (did they just want attention or were they trying to frighten me) I tried not to react much and just said "Cute" in an exasperated tone and left the case on the floor until I was ready to deal with it.

After that several days passed with no activity. On the last day we were there I returned to the room for a nap before we went out for the evening. I have a small glasses case that has a light built in. The light turns on by depressing a button. I put that and my small camera on the bed next to me. I was looking at my phone when a beam of light hit my face. I quickly turned my head but saw nothing. I continued staring at my glasses case and about 45 seconds later the light turned on briefly. I was shocked and all I could think to do was say "hi!"

Nothing else happened after that. I have been monitoring my glass case and it has not turned itself on again. I am back home and everything here is calm. It was a weird experience but not really overly frightening.

Do you have any haunted hotel experiences?
edit on 10/24/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Subject

edit on 10/24/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Word choice

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes,

Hotel Del Coranado, San Diego, CA. It is famously haunted. Get this. After taking the 'haunted' tour and hearing all the stories from the docent we went and had din din and ended up back in our room after midnight.

My girlfriend still tells this story to this day. I slept through it.

She says she was awakened abruptly at about 3:30 a.m. and that she got up to use the bathroom and upon returning found the whole room filled with a 'blue glow' and mist (!).

She said that she stood there for awhile and watched it to be sure she was seeing it and then got back into bed and watched it till she fell back to sleep. She did not bother to wake me.

That's it. You might enjoy checking out the stories about 'Hotel Del'. You won't believe how much stuff has happened in one place. Murders and the like.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I use to live about a mile from the Lizzie Borden murders house which is now a Bed & Breakfast. Never stayed there myself but heard many stories from people who had spent the night there. To me it seemed their stories were generic and exaggerated, like...." saw a bloodied floating ax" .... "saw a bloodied girl in the bathroom mirror", etc. I never heard a really good story from that place, not a hotel, but close.

My house that I lived in though, built in 1900 by the Borden family, THAT place was haunted big time.
My family owned it for 42 years, sold it in 09' and moved to NH. It was a 3 family house, and the tenants use to complain to each other about making noise at all hours of the night, though it wasn't any of them making that noise.

Around 1-4am weekly, we would hear walking and banging coming from the attic area, sometimes within the apartments. Some nights it sounded like a crowd in a train station. Visual apparitions on rare occasion, mostly smokey and fast moving. Ghost Hunters should investigate my old place, they'd definitely find activity.

www.lizzie-borden.com...
edit on 24-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

This is too funny! I posted my story, logged out of ATS, and went to read news online. What did I find? A haunted hotel story!!

Think blood-stained carpets and spectral little girls roaming hotel corridors can only be found in Stephen King novels? Maybe you haven’t heard the stories circulating at D.C.’s own haunted hotel, the Omni Shoreham in Woodley Park. Built in 1930, the Omni Shoreham’s art deco halls and stately rooms have held maybe as many ghosts as high profile guests over the years... at least according to legend, and the hotel's Director of Sales Handan Bas-Bailey.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thanks for the link. I find it interesting that the Borden House is setting up ghost cams.

About your own haunting...did you think it was an intelligent type haunting or more of a residual type haunting?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Thanks! I have heard about this hotel and the famous haunting but never heard any personal experiences except those on Unsolved Mysteries.

Was your girlfriend scared or fascinated?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I think it was residual. It sometimes sounded like echos from the past, like an over laying of dimensions.

I also felt malevolent forces there too though, there was a lot of negativity generated in that house over the years. It's a poor town and there were tons of angry arguments in my apartment and the other tenants', I'm sure it charged the place up with a powerful negative charge, probably attracted whatever malevolent entities were passing by.

I sometimes felt like my energy was being absorbed when I was upset and angry about something, and things like keys and hats and wallets were always going missing, and glasses and ceramics were falling down and breaking all the time. It was like we were all being antagonized by invisible forces to get upset and feel frustration in order to feed the forces in there.

Since I've moved I haven't experienced anything like I did there. The place actually feels negative, you'd start feeling upset or frustrated in about 15 minutes if you sat in my old house, and not because of the gaudy interior decorating.

edit on 24-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Was your girlfriend scared or fascinated?

More fascinated. That's just her character. I don't think she is afraid of anything except spiders and, lately, moths.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I stayed at a haunted bed and breakfast with my fiance at the time in kaneohe bay, Hawaii which was not advertised as haunted. The first three days there was nothing unusual at all. On the fourth day is when things started to happen. We came home from the beach and found one of our towels hanging on the fan above the bed. I brushed this off as a joke thinking that the maid did it. My wife was upset, but i convinced her it was nothing and we had a few drinks and sat on the balcony. We went to bed and heard strange noises thoughout the night. It sounded like knocking noises inside the wall but they were all over the house. The next morning my wife went to take a shower and when she came out her clothes were covered in a liquid substance. She screamed and I ran over to see what was wrong. After smelling the liquid I could tell it was bleach. Her clothes were destroyed and had pink spots from the bleach. I checked all of the doors and there was no way anyone could have gotten in. I also checked the ceiling for leaks and there was nothing. No bleach in the entire unit. The noises escalated throughout the day and my wife ended up having a panic attack. We decided to find a different hotel even though we had 3 nights remaining and prepaid for it. This ended up completely ruining our Hawaii vacation.
edit on 24-10-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I work at a hotel in central Cali. There was an incident of a woman commiting suicide in one of our rooms bout 20 years ago. A dishwasher who has been there for many years has claimed hearing people whistling and seeing a woman in a black dress walking about which he claims to be the spirit of the deceased. He swears that this only happens late at night around 1am when he was in the kitchen washing dishes alone. My partner and I walk the floors and past the room where she killed herself every night. Sometimes alone sometimes togather but I personaly have never seen or heard anything. My partner claims to have seen her walking the floors a few times as well as a couple of the maids seeing her during the day. I have tried to get the hotel to let me bring in some investigators but they refuse so ya'll jus gotta form your own opinions. Real or not but at least hope you enjoy the read.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I stayed at a haunted bed and breakfast with my fiance at the time in kaneohe bay, Hawaii which was not advertised as haunted. The first three days there was nothing unusual at all. On the fourth day is when things started to happen. We came home from the beach and found one of our towels hanging on the fan above the bed. I brushed this off as a joke thinking that the maid did it. My wife was upset, but i convinced her it was nothing and we had a few drinks and sat on the balcony. We went to bed and heard strange noises thoughout the night. It sounded like knocking noises inside the wall but they were all over the house. The next morning my wife went to take a shower and when she came out her clothes were covered in a liquid substance. She screamed and I ran over to see what was wrong. After smelling the liquid I could tell it was bleach. Her clothes were destroyed and had pink spots from the bleach. I checked all of the doors and there was no way anyone could have gotten in. I also checked the ceiling for leaks and there was nothing. No bleach in the entire unit. The noises escalated throughout the day and my wife ended up having a panic attack. We decided to find a different hotel even though we had 3 nights remaining and prepaid for it. This ended up completely ruining our Hawaii vacation.

Wow. That was pretty freaky and also pretty hostile. I wonder how the bleach was transported in the room or if it was some kind of ghost goo?

I am sorry your vacation was ruined. Did you ever google the place to see if anyone else ever reported a haunting?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
I work at a hotel in central Cali. There was an incident of a woman commiting suicide in one of our rooms bout 20 years ago. A dishwasher who has been there for many years has claimed hearing people whistling and seeing a woman in a black dress walking about which he claims to be the spirit of the deceased. He swears that this only happens late at night around 1am when he was in the kitchen washing dishes alone. My partner and I walk the floors and past the room where she killed herself every night. Sometimes alone sometimes togather but I personaly have never seen or heard anything. My partner claims to have seen her walking the floors a few times as well as a couple of the maids seeing her during the day. I have tried to get the hotel to let me bring in some investigators but they refuse so ya'll jus gotta form your own opinions. Real or not but at least hope you enjoy the read.

I did enjoy the read! Just the type of story I was looking for.

Would you get into trouble if you just tried a quick EVP session on a break?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Originally posted by joyride0187

Wow. That was pretty freaky and also pretty hostile. I wonder how the bleach was transported in the room or if it was some kind of ghost goo?

I am sorry your vacation was ruined. Did you ever google the place to see if anyone else ever reported a haunting?

It was definitlely bleach because of the smell and it turned my wife's clothes pink. I must have looked for at least 45 minutes to find the source and could not find it. I have never seen anything like it in my life. I googled the name of the place but couldnt find any information about hauntings. Here is the website for the B&B:

www.alohaparadiseinn.com...
edit on 25-10-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join