It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chase bank gets OWNED in Oakland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

omg...look stop rehashing a dead horse.....the problem is u are half right...yes the protestors are not going after the source of the problem and some are young and clueless,,but when you make a statement like educate people on choosing better leaders..there lies the problem...if you do not understand that system is corrupt from the top what hope is there,the goverments are owned by big bussiness(you know the1%)so is media owned by them too...so the msm spoon feeds us (remember hitler "we have ways of making you think" )...goverments dont have power..leaders are nothing but puppets...do you reallly beleive ,bush,obama pick you leader... get to make any real decisions....

clearly you have your agenda and i will leave you to it...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

omg...look stop rehashing a dead horse.....the problem is u are half right...yes the protestors are not going after the source of the problem and some are young and clueless,,but when you make a statement like educate people on choosing better leaders..there lies the problem...if you do not understand that system is corrupt from the top what hope is there,the goverments are owned by big bussiness(you know the1%)so is media owned by them too...so the msm spoon feeds us (remember hitler "we have ways of making you think" )...goverments dont have power..leaders are nothing but puppets...do you reallly beleive ,bush,obama pick you leader... get to make any real decisions....

clearly you have your agenda and i will leave you to it...

of course i have an agenda , im sorry for not being part of your occupy idiots movement.

you wish some of you would occupy your brains with some knowledge instead of misinfo / disinfo of the big bad government.

the msm spoon feeds you like the tools if the internet spoon feed you .

You research both sides make your own rational decisions.

The system is corrupt from top to bottom so your gonna go after the banks which is just a branch of that corruption?

Really , for an old timer you really need to not fall for the usual ows bs .

You need to change people that are running the system. This is where the education comes in .

But as you can see from the OWS movement education is really not top of the list

How can these people go educate other americans when they need the most education ?

All they are doing is brining in more foolish americans into a dead end movement.

I know going out to educate people is to boring and you really need to know what your talking about .

I can't expect that from ows tools who barely know what they are protesting.

You don't know me , nor my "agenda" i do support careless protesting with citizens full of ignorance on what they are actually protesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry but,
THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

We all know where this is heading next.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
So people were marching in Oakland, marched by a Chase Bank branch, 20 or so go in, yell and throw some deposit slips around and leave?

That is being owned?

This is equal to ding dong ditching the place.

But, ok I guess.

I have to star your post b/c I completely agree. Yes there is reason to be mad but the people in this video seemed mildly annoyed ... Also when was this taken... on the weekend? Where do these OWSers find the time?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What I find amazing is the fact that I still bank with Chase.
Trying to convince the wife to relocate to a local bank.
She has all the money,so it's a battle.
Anyways,after my account got screwed upped,my fault,I went in the red on a few transactions.
Usually when this happens,they ,Chase,are quick to react and charge huge fees for this.
In this case,they did not.
Do you think they are getting the hint that we all could just leave them and not cater to their greed anymore?
3 transactions,which were immediately compensated for ,like within hours,and no overdraft fees.
I have done that before and have been heavily penalized.
Freaky!

Still,I'm working on moving our money.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Come on, how can you defend this when a branch is an the extension of the main corporate office. These protestors are making a symbolic grievance against Chase, period. I'm sure this branch also had a roll in local home foreclosures and predatory loan practices.

I'm sure the manager's at this bank notified Chase's corporate office immediately about these protestors. So I guess the message from the protestors did reach the corporate office. Mission accomplished.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
i don't care what your views are .

you have no right to disturb someones business .

And? Banks have no right to embezzle, either, hasn't stopped them.

These were the same people who were enjoying the banks money when economic times are good .

"The banks money"? I don't think you understand how banking actually works. And franjkly if the banks were still behaving like honest partners in financial transaction, you might have a point - but htey're not.

Its like taking the pacifiar from the babys mouth , now the ows is crying what many conspiracy theorists predicted since the creation of the fed.

You know the same conspiracy theorists they brushed off during good economic times.

Mainly because those same conspiracy theorists tended to blame soviet jews and "feminazis"? If you had a single clue about hte Left in America - Beyond the silly rhetoric of World net Daily or wherever you go to fill your ignorance tank - you'd know the main thrust of American leftism has been opposing these same practices. it's just that you, and people like you, have been spending all this time just rolling your eyes and ignoring hte "hippies" - your boss allows you the privilege of letting you work for his mightiness, after all, so what is there to complain about?

These ows people are asking for more government , more securiuty , and more civil rights to be removed.

Not more government - rather, a demand for government to exercise the powers it already has. A lack of regulation and control is what has brought us to this point. And I don't think you understand what civil rights actually are. if you think calling for an end to a system that institutionalizes poverty is harmful to "civil rights," then i'm not sure that you can be helped.

These small bank branches are only the byproduct of the root cause .
Most of the bank employees , owners , are just ignorant fools like many of the OWS people.

I wouldn't call anyone an "ignorant fool" if I were in your condition. Futher, yes, these branch banks and their employees are just people working there. Oh well. The message still gets up to corproate, doesn't it?

disgusting. Their are people who don't give two #s about the ows and would love to get their banking done. Not to be hounded by ignorant tools who just woke up to a 100 + year old problem

Ninety-eight years, actually, if you're harping about hte reserve. And let's be honest - if you're going to claim that you "knew all along," fine.. .but it's patently obvious you were too lazy, apathetic, or ignorant to actually attempt to do something about it... so... shut up, hey?

Further, sure there are people who don't give two #s about OWS. There are also people who don't give two #s about the wars in the middle east, who don't care about child child abuse, and who think "hobo bashing" is funny. There's all kinds of sociopaths in this world who believe their personal universe is the most important thing ever to exist. Unfortunately for them, they're wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Where is it heading next? Please, clarigfy for us, so we can know what you think is happening next.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i think this was bad move on occupys part very bad!

i wish the movment had more libertarians in it and focused more on freedoms and not destroying a local banks lobby.

i hate the situation the backs have goten us in more then the next guy but in my opinion you dont go into the bank itself and protest out side it shur free country but going inside like that if your not cunducting busnis is just asking for trouble

please someone in the acutl protests please discourage anything like this if you want your movment to last seriously

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love it! Today, Bank of America locked it's doors because a few of us at occupykc were in front of it with signs. Mine said "BIG BANKS ARE CORRUPT. STRICT REGULATIONS!", and some guy tried to go inside but they locked the doors

To all of you people whining about how this isn't "civil" or whatever, quit crying you babies. Nobody got assaulted or injured. "Those savages! How dare they walk inside of a building, and chant! What kind of a wretched scumbag would throw some paper around while expressing their discontent in unison with others!"

Show me a video of occupy protesters swarming a Chase Bank, and brutally assaulting a bank teller, and I'll agree that that's messed up. But this was entirely non-violent. No harm done.
edit on 24-10-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been mentioned but as long as we are paying our taxes it isnt that hard for the government to turn a blind eye to the going ons of this movement. why has it not been suggested that everyone change their tax claims to exempt. this would hit them harder then closing bank accounts. this would force them to hear us out and make rapid changes in the direction we are wishing for.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Well, remember where a lot of these people are coming from.

Their idea of "protest" is sitting in their front yard in a deck chair, holding a sign that says "honk if u love amrica!"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Alxandro

Where is it heading next? Please, clarigfy for us, so we can know what you think is happening next.

If you can't see it you truly are a lost cause.
Some folks are just itching for RIOTS, you can see it in their eyes.
Why else would they storm one of many banks that was forced by the government to give out loans to folks that weren't able to meet their obligation?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yeah, I guess taking to the streets is too bold and renegade for some people.

Big banks- Their reckless business practices made our economy fall off a cliff, and cost millions of people their jobs and homes.

Occupy protesters- They made a raucous inside of a bank for 5 minutes before letting themselves out the front door.

HOW DARE THEY!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
As an eyewitness to this incident, there was more than just deposit slips thrown up in the air. These are the things not captured on their videos: they overturned tables and chairs, they busted up an outside ATM machine, they terrorized customers and employees who were inside the branch, the threw and shattered a glass container that left glass shattered across the floor, they yanked the door open as an employee was trying to lock the doors, and they tore the cables off of two computer keyboards (one at the customer service desk and one at the first personal banker desk). All that was needed was a little spark for this protest to turn violent towards the people in the building.

You were correct in that there were 4 or 5 people after the police kicked the majority out who tried to start cleaning things up saying we didn’t mean to do this. For some reason they were upset when the police and employees asked them to leave…. Well, if you didn’t mean to do it, then why were they (the ones who said they wanted to help clean up) the first ones who ran into the building and leading the crowd?? The majority of what was on the floor was – shattered glass and hundreds of deposit slips, paper, business cards, and other bank materials. Please don’t comment on things that you didn’t see or experience! You have no clue as to what you are talking about. This was not a “peaceful” protest.

No one was locked in by the police. They police asked them to leave and they refused. The police locked the doors because people were still trying to get into the bank. The few that were still inside were free to leave. And they left when they decided too. They were not locked in against their will.

Someone asked about the police. The police were outside letting the protestors do what they wanted. Their police cars outside the bank before protestors ever entered. Police were called, but it still took them awhile to get into the banking center. Their only response was: “you should have closed the doors sooner” as if the employees were at fault for working (to support their families) and not being able to shut the doors quickly enough – even though the door was ripped out of one employees hand as they were trying to shut the door. … In addition, the police had to use their batons to keep the door shut because it wouldn’t lock properly after they jerked the doors open. Even after the police got the doors shut, people were still pulling on the doors and hitting the glass.

As someone who might have had sympathy for this movement before, I have no sympathy now. Protesting is one thing. Vandalism is another.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I would not say that Chase got owned. So basically in a nutshell a bunch of grown adults came into a bank and threw a fit and then made a mess and left. Wow that should really hurt Chase. They are really going to be damaged by having to pay the cleaning crew a few hours of overtime.

These OWS people go out of their way to make themselves look like immature children. They are their own worst enemy. Maybe they should protest their real problem, themselves.
edit on 24-10-2011 by tHEpROGRESSIVE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OaklandEyewitness

What time were you in the bank?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I was there before everything happened.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Beautiful!

Oakland! Show us how to do it!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OaklandEyewitness
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I was there before everything happened.

What time were you in the bank witnessing this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join